Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 29, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #11,881 of 33,689
hi there!

I recently purchased the KZ ZS3 but found them to be uncomfortable.
The medium tip feels too large after a couple of minutes and the small one falls right off the ear :frowning2:

I also felt they are quite bassy for what I'm accustomed to.

Are there any budget IEMs in that price range that are a bit more comfortable and have slightly less bass?

Related: I was thinking of purchasing comply tips to test, anyone knows if their size differs from the ones that come with the ZS3?

Many thanks!

Sep 29, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #11,882 of 33,689
Dammit too many new earphones coming out this few weeks. Is there anyone that could compare Hibiki and the Whizzer A15pro? Or any iem that is musical and mid centric?

Sep 29, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #11,884 of 33,689
Are they any good?
I might buy a 3BA from taobao.
IMHO my iem I got I'd say is OK for the price, but it definitely doesnt live up to the expectations of a 6BA + 1 DD configuration. Actually now that I think about it, the fengru 6BA+1DD iem actually sounds really alot like a better SE215. Very big and warm bass with rich vocals never sibilant or harsh and subdued treble with a little sparkle and shimmer with a bigger soundstage than the SE215. Very very similar now that i think about it.

Sep 29, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #11,885 of 33,689
hi there!

I recently purchased the KZ ZS3 but found them to be uncomfortable.
The medium tip feels too large after a couple of minutes and the small one falls right off the ear :frowning2:

I also felt they are quite bassy for what I'm accustomed to.

Are there any budget IEMs in that price range that are a bit more comfortable and have slightly less bass?

Related: I was thinking of purchasing comply tips to test, anyone knows if their size differs from the ones that come with the ZS3?

Many thanks!

Try them with foam tips. If you don't have the ZS3 sitting properly in your ear it can be uncomfortable, play around with it because once it's in the proper place it should be incredibly comfortable.

Sep 30, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #11,888 of 33,689
Brilliant!

front.jpg

Sep 30, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #11,889 of 33,689
NEW ORIGINAL OEM Samsung Galaxy S8 S8+ AKG Ear Buds Headphones Headset EO-IG955

$14.99 Ebay
Once I got the correct tips it was an incredible steal!

akg.JPG

Sep 30, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #11,890 of 33,689
Ladies and Gentlemen:
Vidal's estimable website, http://www.aproear.co.uk/, has been reworked and now includes music selections. do us the kindness of viewing and offering your criticisms, constructive, snarky or otherwise,
I love the site, my only suggestion is in the graph at the end of the reviews. The numbers are showing your rating out of 10 in relation to other budget iems? Could be good to have another graph next to it showing quantity. Like treble quantity etc.
So at a glance you could see an iems qualities and quantities.

Sep 30, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #11,891 of 33,689
I love the site, my only suggestion is in the graph at the end of the reviews. The numbers are showing your rating out of 10 in relation to other budget iems? Could be good to have another graph next to it showing quantity. Like treble quantity etc.
So at a glance you could see an iems qualities and quantities.

Agreed that it needs a change, but I always thought that it only showed relationship between certain aspects of a given IEM, sometimes you'd have a low score in the mid range for something that has much much better mid range than something else which got a higher score, and this is just judging from the reviews of both IEMs. It is confusing and thus ends up being out of place, perhaps it should only show quality of each aspect, something that Zeos has been doing on youtube (this is also far from perfect, but having a detailed explanation why something is scored the way it is could be very helpful in the end). Changing all of the graphs is obviously impossible, so there is that issue as well.

Sep 30, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #11,893 of 33,689
NEW ORIGINAL OEM Samsung Galaxy S8 S8+ AKG Ear Buds Headphones Headset EO-IG955

$14.99 Ebay
Once I got the correct tips it was an incredible steal!

Yeah they are surprisingly good. Sold mine in my bundle to @loomisjohnson

Users who are viewing this thread

Back