Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 30, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #11,896 of 33,689
I love the site, my only suggestion is in the graph at the end of the reviews. The numbers are showing your rating out of 10 in relation to other budget iems? Could be good to have another graph next to it showing quantity. Like treble quantity etc.
So at a glance you could see an iems qualities and quantities.
+1! This is a great !

Oct 1, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #11,900 of 33,689
NEW ORIGINAL OEM Samsung Galaxy S8 S8+ AKG Ear Buds Headphones Headset EO-IG955

$14.99 Ebay
Once I got the correct tips it was an incredible steal!

You've been ripped of, I pay only £5.99 for mine :wink:

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, they are INCREDIBLE value IMO.

Oct 1, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #11,901 of 33,689
Really? The link worked for me and it shows the AKG for 6 dollars. I'm not sure if they're genuine or not though. I've heard of some shady products coming from wish.
Now it's working

Oct 1, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #11,903 of 33,689
Oct 1, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #11,904 of 33,689
I think Loomis was looking for feedback on the Music aspect rather than the site in general.

I love the site, my only suggestion is in the graph at the end of the reviews. The numbers are showing your rating out of 10 in relation to other budget iems? Could be good to have another graph next to it showing quantity. Like treble quantity etc.
So at a glance you could see an iems qualities and quantities.

Bass, Mids and Treble are all quantitative not qualitative, I wouldn't break down the frequencies and score them. I view the sound of a IEM as a coherent whole, to score individual aspects of the sound just seems artificial, not criticising other sites that do it just it's not my approach.

I agree it's not perfect and to a certain extent it's relative to the other elements of the IEM's sound also this is done by having a 'control' earphone and set tracks. Overall, I'd probably change a lot of aspects of 'how' I do the reviews in hindsight, but after 170 IEMs you have to stay true to the original methodology to maintain consistency.

Also on the site you have the budget iem reviews grouped together in brands but it could be better to group them from highest ranked to lowest.

You've always been able to sort by any aspect. Use the arrows at the top of the table to sort it by the aspect you want. i.e. by score

Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 10.23.51.png

Or by brand

Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 10.23.33.png

I don't want to hijack this thread any further so please feel free to feedback in this thread.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #11,906 of 33,689
Oct 1, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #11,908 of 33,689
What is the sound signature?

I'd say well balanced despite the V-shape and somewhat between the Pioneer CH9T and the B&O H3, darker than the former and brighter than the latter, excellent sub bass extension, enough air as well. At the price they go it's a crime not get them IMO :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back