Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 20, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #11,626 of 33,689
Sep 21, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #11,629 of 33,689
Anyway, for those who are interested, here's my full English review of the Shozy x AAW Hibiki IEM: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/09/shozy-aaw-hibiki-review.html#more

DSC04296-small.JPG

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #11,630 of 33,689
Sep 21, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #11,631 of 33,689
Sep 21, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #11,632 of 33,689
Anyway, for those who are interested, here's my full English review of the Shozy x AAW Hibiki IEM: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/09/shozy-aaw-hibiki-review.html#more

Err... you've lost me there:
...it has only got to about average detail retrieval in the $ 60 to $ 100 class at best...
:ksc75smile:

Thanks though for this, as well as for all other reviews you publish... they help me in selecting or at worst narrowing my earphone choices ...and keeping at least some money in my wallet. :beerchug:

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #11,633 of 33,689
Someone please recommend me an iem under 70usd with great neutral and natural signature across all the frequency range with amazing bass rumble that extends deep without drowning the mids, produces subtle details and good sound stage. Detachable cable is a must. Over ear style like shures preferred.
why don't you just buy the mee audio m6 pro? Its universally loved and checks all your criteria. You get a bundle of accessories and its built like a tank.
Don't mean to be rude, but you have been asking for a long time now and people have given you many many suggestions.
I honestly suggest u buy the M6 Pro. Its easily available on amazon and aliexpress. I have it and its great! :ksc75smile:

Sep 21, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #11,634 of 33,689
why don't you just buy the mee audio m6 pro? Its universally loved and checks all your criteria. You get a bundle of accessories and its built like a tank.
Don't mean to be rude, but you have been asking for a long time now and people have given you many many suggestions.
I honestly suggest u buy the M6 Pro. Its easily available on amazon and aliexpress. I have it and its great! :ksc75smile:
I have settled on it. Whichever wins I will just get that. I hope that the ch9t wins though
https://www.massdrop.com/vote/Battle-of-the-100-IEMs

Sep 21, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #11,636 of 33,689
My Shozy BKs have arrived.

!

EDIT:

After about an hour of burn in I'm having a listen and... wow!

VERY open sounding... very detailed but not analytical...

They take EQ very well, which is good as with the DFR they're a bit too mid forward, at least that's what they sound like after an hour... lol.

With the EQ they open up DRAMATICALLY! Super easy to EQ into any sort of signature you'd like. Understanding of course they will never be sub bass monsters.

Gonna take the doggo out for a walk in a few and we'll see how they perform in those circumstances. In the meantime, more burning in. :)

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #11,637 of 33,689
Nice work! I've got a Hibiki on the way. Mochill's impressions are way more glowing but I'm still looking forward to trying it.
Thanks Chris! Doesn't sound as if they're for me but enjoyed reading it nevertheless.
Err... you've lost me there:

:ksc75smile:

Thanks though for this, as well as for all other reviews you publish... they help me in selecting or at worst narrowing my earphone choices ...and keeping at least some money in my wallet. :beerchug:
Thx. Your review has dissolved every shroud of doubt.

Thanks guys.
The Hibiki is certainly not a bad in-ear at its price point (there are several with worse performance and price-to-performance ratio between $60 and $200), but given the crowded market, there is barely anything that really stands out (the carbon fibre faceplates are nice, however their silver surrounding and soft-touch plastic surface don't really match). Removable cables are nice to have though. Performance-wise, there are a couple of stronger in-ears below $100. Midrange and treble linearity are a bit too artificial (consumer-like) though, even if they are well-made. Nonetheless the added brightness doesn't reach the same amount of coherency and "naturalness" (which is probably not the perfect word for a brightness-biased presentation) compared to other in-ears with a bright upper end (Fidue A85/UPQ Q-music QE80, DUNU DK-3001 and Echobox Finder X1 for example - I know they're more expensive, but at the moment there isn't any bright sounding budget IEM that pops into my mind).
Still having god control despite the strong, heavy bass is a good thing - then again, the AAW Nebula One (even though it costs more) can do it too (although with a slightly more "hammering" upper bass), and features the much more even and coherent midrange and treble (let alone that I would say that its metal housings are more premium).

Unless someone is looking for a really strong bass elevation, bright upper mids and an elevated upper treble, I don't see a reason to have the Hibiki in their collection. If people can let go a few dB bass quantity, Shozy's own Zero IEMs perform better and sound more natural (although the treble could still be a smidgen more linear). I'm sure though that it could be a famous IEM on the Asian market for casual listeners - imo its tuning works especially well with K- and J-Pop.

Sep 21, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #11,638 of 33,689
So, post dog walk with the BKs (no EQ) and what can I say, but I get it.

These things are extremely comfy, require no seal to do what they do, have no real harshness, and go loud without distorting or really doing anything but sounding better and better.

Not for anything where sub bass is crucial, but anything from acoustic to classical to indie to even electronica sounds really great.

The tuning is a bit strange at first, but out in the world that quickly disappears and the inherent openness of the design is really apparent. These sound miles more like open backed headphones than most IEMs, for obvious reasons.

Truly a keeper though. Could be my TOTL earbuds.

And the fit and finish are OUTSTANDING. And the cable is basically perfect. Such a massive upgrade from the whole cheap rubbery cable crowd.

They don't change my feelings on IEMS, which are just a very different beast with very obvious benefits, but it does make me think that a lot of folks would probably really enjoy them in the right environment.

I'll update as they wear in and get more use.

Sep 21, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #11,639 of 33,689
So, post dog walk with the BKs (no EQ) and what can I say, but I get it.

These things are extremely comfy, require no seal to do what they do, have no real harshness, and go loud without distorting or really doing anything but sounding better and better.

Not for anything where sub bass is crucial, but anything from acoustic to classical to indie to even electronica sounds really great.

The tuning is a bit strange at first, but out in the world that quickly disappears and the inherent openness of the design is really apparent. These sound miles more like open backed headphones than most IEMs, for obvious reasons.

Truly a keeper though. Could be my TOTL earbuds.

And the fit and finish are OUTSTANDING. And the cable is basically perfect. Such a massive upgrade from the whole cheap rubbery cable crowd.

They don't change my feelings on IEMS, which are just a very different beast with very obvious benefits, but it does make me think that a lot of folks would probably really enjoy them in the right environment.

I'll update as they wear in and get more use.

Thanks for the impressions. I'm not really am earbud guy but all these high-end earbuds are intriguing. I did have the PK2 at one point...maybe I'll pick up the Vido. It's only $4, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back