Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 20, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #11,611 of 33,689
Well - thanks very much for detailed reply Chris.

If I grasped correctly your message:

IF budget < $200 THEN
Rose Mini2 OR Brainwavs B200
ELSE
Eternal Melody EM-2;

...which leaves me just with a question: What about MR3? How does MR3 (although "old") measure up with other options? Would you still recommend it among those new competitors?

Thanks again.

Ohhhhh, I thought you already had the MR3 and wanted another IEM. My bad.

On the technical level and in terms of soundstage (expansion, separation, three-dimensionality), the MR3 scores the highest out of the mentioned models. The only area where it falls a bit behind compared to the B200 and Mini2 is treble evenness/treble realism (the MR3 is certainly not bad in this regard albeit a bit too bright at ~ 5 and ~ 8 kHz, however the B200 and Mini2 really rise the bar in the < $200 multi-BA category when it comes to evenness/naturalness of the highs).

Sep 20, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #11,612 of 33,689
After some pretty great results from Chi-Fi earbuds, I'd be curious to try some headphones.

Can anyone recommend some that are A) well constructed and B) v v very comfortable?

Prefer over-ears to on-ears.

Thank you in advance.
x

Sep 20, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #11,613 of 33,689
After some pretty great results from Chi-Fi earbuds, I'd be curious to try some headphones.

Can anyone recommend some that are A) well constructed and B) v v very comfortable?

Thank you in advance.
x
Good questions. I would like to know as well.. Been thinking about getting Bludio T2..

Sep 20, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #11,614 of 33,689
Sep 20, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #11,615 of 33,689

Thank you in advance.
x

What kind of sound are you looking for? Budget?

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #11,616 of 33,689
Good questions. I would like to know as well.. Been thinking about getting Bludio T2..

Bluedio T2 are neither of those unfortunately.

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #11,617 of 33,689
What kind of sound are you looking for? Budget?

TBH I'm likely to mod them to tweak the sound to my preference regardless, so comfort/build really is top priority.

In terms of budget, given Chi-Fi nature I would prefer them to be on the cheaper side but will to explore the different tiers too. Again understanding that build quality/comfort usually comes with higher end gear.

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #11,618 of 33,689

Thank you in advance.
x

The inexpensive 1More MK801 is quite nice imo (and much better tuned than their IEMs) - its pads aren't that large though.

Then of course the Fostex T50RP MKIII is a headphone with a lot of potential and already a good sound in stock form - but perhaps not the kind of Chi-Fi you had in mind when you asked.

Edit #2: The Superlux HD681 isn't bad at all either, and it won't break the bank.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #11,619 of 33,689
The inexpensive 1More MK801 is quite nice imo (and much better tuned than their IEMs) - its pads aren't that large though.

Then of course the Fostex T50RP MKIII is a headphone with a lot of potential and already a good sound in stock form - but perhaps not the kind of Chi-Fi you had in mind when you asked.

Edit #2: The Superlux HD681 isn't bad at all either, and it won't break the bank.

Thank you for the recs Chris. Judging by their pictures I don't think those headbands would work for me. I have a weird combination of head size/ear size :sweat_smile:

Also, would prefer a leather cushioned headband? Or willing to try the "suspension" ones too.

Sep 20, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #11,620 of 33,689
Sep 20, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #11,622 of 33,689

Fwiw, I never heard of Bludio until I watched this video:

Like I said though... fwiw!

Sep 20, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #11,624 of 33,689
Ohhhhh, I thought you already had the MR3 and wanted another IEM. My bad.

On the technical level and in terms of soundstage (expansion, separation, three-dimensionality), the MR3 scores the highest out of the mentioned models. The only area where it falls a bit behind compared to the B200 and Mini2 is treble evenness/treble realism (the MR3 is certainly not bad in this regard albeit a bit too bright at ~ 5 and ~ 8 kHz, however the B200 and Mini2 really rise the bar in the < $200 multi-BA category when it comes to evenness/naturalness of the highs).
That's it Chris - thanks again.

MR3 it is. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back