Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 15, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #11,491 of 33,689
I hear that!

I think it's a lot more LA than Lorde, but not in a bad way necessarily.

Here's another song

Her EP which is on Tidal at least is all pretty great.

Cool, thanks. I wish I was that talented when I was a teenager!

Sep 16, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #11,493 of 33,689

Attachments

• 20170902_090449.jpg
    20170902_090449.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Sep 16, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #11,494 of 33,689
This probably isn't the exact place, but I'll ask anyway - can players really give any sound benefits over modern flagship smartphones? The measurements on Gsmarena are usually insanely good, but nevertheless people obsess even over cheap Chinese players like the Walnut and Zishan. Especially on some Russian sites. But if one believes the measurements, then the only thing such a player can give is extra power. The sound, if anything at all, could only be worse. Or am I in the wrong?

Sep 16, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #11,495 of 33,689
I agree with Vladstef, Crazy Cello was great but is showing its age.

My personal suggestion for good bass, easy to listen to, but with great clarity for <$100 would be the TFZ Exclusive 5. They're my preferred IEM for Hip Hop, R&B, and Nu-Soul. In fact, they're what I'm using right now to listen to Musiq Soulchild's new album that dropped today.

If you want to spend a little less, another option would be the UiiSii CM5. Similar sound sig to the TFZ Ex5, but less than 1/2 the price.

My budget is around $50. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll think about the UiiSii CM5 then too. Might be something I'd like.

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:05 AM Post #11,496 of 33,689
Some smartphone are better than others in my experience, my iPhones have always had good sound but are let down by their EQ options. Just updated to the 7 plus and have just read that the latest iOS11 will finally deliver FLAC support to the iPhone 7 (and newer). Not that I'll use it. I pair my iPhone with a Cozoy Aegis if I'm listening critically, I get the advantage of app based content like Apple Music yet and the great usability of the iPhone along with a high quality sound (IMO).

With Android I've not heard a decent sound yet, my Mi Max is awful and the Samsung Note 4 isn't great either. But it's a mixed bag overall, the LG V10 gets universal acclaim for instance whilst the latest LG G6 is criticised so I guess it's pot luck. Again pairing with an external DAC fixes all that.

Sep 16, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #11,501 of 33,689
Sep 16, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #11,502 of 33,689
This probably isn't the exact place, but I'll ask anyway - can players really give any sound benefits over modern flagship smartphones? The measurements on Gsmarena are usually insanely good, but nevertheless people obsess even over cheap Chinese players like the Walnut and Zishan. Especially on some Russian sites. But if one believes the measurements, then the only thing such a player can give is extra power. The sound, if anything at all, could only be worse. Or am I in the wrong?
My take is, if you can afford a flagship smartphone and you're a strong believer in numbers and specs, it's likely you won't gonna need those 20-30$ player.

If you're having very tight budget and can't even afford a flagship smartphone, maybe you're ok living with few years old phone or maybe those 200-300$ phone, those player will be a good complement since add up together it's still not even half the price of flagship smartphone nowadays.

There's too many pseudo-science in audio. And i believe sometimes paper and facts don't tell everything. Just like a FR curve doesn't tell anything much about an earphone besides just its tonal balance. The ideal scenario will be to audition it yourself to find out.

Like me i have a few DAPs like Benjie S5, Aigo Z2, Zishan Z1, Zishan Z2 and finally got the Aune M1s. Along with my Samsung Note 3, i would say the Zishan Z1 and Z2 is actually perform pretty good when compared to Note 3 especially on resolution and volume wise (more juice definitely) but when i compare it against the Aune M1s, they're all out of the league. I hope i can have latest flagship smartphone too to see how they'll sound in comparison but unfortunately the price range is kinda beyond my reach for now, or perhaps it's just me being more willing to spend money on multiple IEMs than any other things ... lol

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #11,503 of 33,689
Cool, thanks. I wish I was that talented when I was a teenager!
One of the first things she did as herself was perform in the closing ceremony of the 2016 olympics... as you do.

Hyper-talented pop writer and singer.

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #11,504 of 33,689
I hear that!

I think it's a lot more LA than Lorde, but not in a bad way necessarily.

Here's another song

Her EP which is on Tidal at least is all pretty great.

Thanks for sharing, I really like that!

Sounds great on the LZ Big Dipper (and so does the rest of your links), pricy option though......

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #11,505 of 33,689
Thanks for sharing, I really like that!

Sounds great on the LZ Big Dipper (and so does the rest of your links), pricy option though......
I was actually looking at that one last night... I think I'll try the A4 first and see where that gets me... knowing me though, well... I may try one in the future.

And her entire EP is really amazing... and sounds GREAT through anything that can handle sub bass. Super sparse and deliberate production and clever instrumentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back