Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 15, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #11,476 of 33,689
Looking for an earphone that can make these all sound amazing:

I have now 5 chi-fi IEMs/earbuds incoming, and probably a sixth before it's all said and done. I am totally open to suggestions, though. :)

What do you already have and what do you have coming? There is nothing on your profile page.

Sep 15, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #11,477 of 33,689
can svara red fit into very small ears?

The bore of the svara red is on the thin side as I have small ear canals they fit vey well, the shape of them makes them very easy to insert

Sep 15, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #11,478 of 33,689
I agree with Vladstef, Crazy Cello was great but is showing its age.

My personal suggestion for good bass, easy to listen to, but with great clarity for <$100 would be the TFZ Exclusive 5. They're my preferred IEM for Hip Hop, R&B, and Nu-Soul. In fact, they're what I'm using right now to listen to Musiq Soulchild's new album that dropped today.

If you want to spend a little less, another option would be the UiiSii CM5. Similar sound sig to the TFZ Ex5, but less than 1/2 the price.

While waiting on my TFZ Exclusive 5 I am suitably impressed with MY LOVE II
my love.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #11,479 of 33,689
What do you already have and what do you have coming? There is nothing on your profile page.

I'm only new here and haven't sorted my profile yet. Apologies.

I own:

HD650
HD600
AKG K92
AKG K-550 MKII
ATH M50

I've only started the Chi-fi thing and am waiting on:

KZ ZST
KZ ZS3
Sound Intone E6
DZAT DF-10

And the thing I'm most curious about I guess, the Shozy BK.

Sep 15, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #11,481 of 33,689
LZ A4. You can tune the sound signature for different tracks.

I think that'll be the next expensive-ish ones I buy.

Thanks for reminding me of that!

Sep 15, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #11,482 of 33,689

I own:

HD650
HD600
AKG K92
AKG K-550 MKII
ATH M50

KZ ZST
KZ ZS3
Sound Intone E6
DZAT DF-10

Seems like that would be enough to start with. See what you think. Those tracks were complex though and if you are used to your headphones you are probably looking for a big spacious sound. I am amazed at what Iems and buds can do now.

I listened to those tracks with these because I already had them in.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06Y5KTY2S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I plugged them into my iPad to play your tracks and they did sound amazing. I was only familiar with Ryan Adams. Now you have me curious about the others.

Sep 15, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #11,483 of 33,689
Seems like that would be enough to start with. See what you think. Those tracks were complex though and if you are used to your headphones you are probably looking for a big spacious sound. I am amazed at what Iems and buds can do now.

I listened to those tracks with these because I already had them in.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06Y5KTY2S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I plugged them into my iPad to play your tracks and they did sound amazing. I was only familiar with Ryan Adams. Now you have me curious about the others.

I'd recommend all of them. :) I produce music for a living, and the first two songs are ones I use to test rooms, if I have to work in a strange place.

The Julia Michaels is just really, really well made modern pop, and she herself is a very successful songwriter for other pop stars... this is her debut as herself, so to speak. It's amazing with a decent set of V shaped cans. :)

I probably do have enough for now, to keep me busy. I'm doing a masters as well which starts next Fri, so... hoping to have something I really like in the coming days.

Three of the incoming earphones should be her Monday and Tues.

Sep 15, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #11,487 of 33,689

I own:

HD650
HD600
AKG K92
AKG K-550 MKII
ATH M50

KZ ZST
KZ ZS3
Sound Intone E6
DZAT DF-10

Nice list there bud. You got a lot of good stuff there.

Welcome to Head-Fi!

Sep 15, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #11,488 of 33,689
I'd recommend all of them. :) I produce music for a living, and the first two songs are ones I use to test rooms, if I have to work in a strange place.

The Julia Michaels is just really, really well made modern pop, and she herself is a very successful songwriter for other pop stars... this is her debut as herself, so to speak. It's amazing with a decent set of V shaped cans. :)

I probably do have enough for now, to keep me busy. I'm doing a masters as well which starts next Fri, so... hoping to have something I really like in the coming days.

Three of the incoming earphones should be her Monday and Tues.

Julia Michael's voice and musical style reminds me of Lorde a lot (at least from that track you posted).

Sep 15, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #11,489 of 33,689
Sep 15, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #11,490 of 33,689
Julia Michael's voice and musical style reminds me of Lorde a lot (at least from that track you posted).
I hear that!

I think it's a lot more LA than Lorde, but not in a bad way necessarily.

Here's another song

Her EP which is on Tidal at least is all pretty great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back