Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 8, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #10,577 of 33,689
It's exactly what happens when you have polarity issues. So far, I've only heard of one case where internal wiring was not correct, every other case had problem with cables. This is easy to test, plug one side reversed and take a listen, your first pair will probably sound exactly the same as second pair now. Maybe just switch good with bad cables and get the same result, this is the easiest thing to try.
Yea thats the thing, I tried with my silver cable both polarities and stock cable both polarities that was why I was so confused with all the discussions being different from my opinions. I am now 99% sure my first pair was defective as I do know the correct polarity. (Its the semi circle rounded side and flat side that fits into the socket flush). And now my second pair is what I had been waiting for. Very pleased with the sound now :gs1000smile::L3000:

Aug 8, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #10,578 of 33,689
giphy.gif

Another single dynamic bargain - ADAX-HD06 - currently £12.99 from amazon.co.uk

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #10,579 of 33,689
Aug 8, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #10,580 of 33,689
giphy.gif

Another single dynamic bargain - ADAX-HD06 - currently £12.99 from amazon.co.uk

How's the sound on those Vidal? Would you say they are similar the ED9 with dull brass filter (light bass, bright treble - like you prefer)?

I'm asking because that Amazon link contained this image, which reminds me of the vent port in the dull brass nozzle of the ED9. The description in the photo makes it sound like the nozzle vent adds bass (just how I interpret the statement), but on the ED9 it's the opposite case.

Just curious, because a vent nozzle is an easy mod to add to most any IEM.

Aug 8, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #10,582 of 33,689
trinity is looks cool but its unavailable in trinitys website and i aldready look the sw3 but somebody says its too bright and piercing but i m gonna look it again. what do you think about pai audio mr3 is it a good choice for price?

They supposed to re-stock the masters soon and the headfi coupon still works. Respect to Pai audio definitely is a very good choice but it can be fatiguing with metal and power metal but excellent with progressive, indy, rock and genres with acoustic instruments; and the Shockwave 3 are very good articuladed and detailed in the treble but are not piercing for me.

Aug 9, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #10,584 of 33,689
They supposed to re-stock the masters soon and the headfi coupon still works. Respect to Pai audio definitely is a very good choice but it can be fatiguing with metal and power metal but excellent with progressive, indy, rock and genres with acoustic instruments; and the Shockwave 3 are very good articuladed and detailed in the treble but are not piercing for me.
i can wait actually , if i cant decide i will wait for trinity master.thanks for help

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #10,585 of 33,689
How's the sound on those Vidal? Would you say they are similar the ED9 with dull brass filter (light bass, bright treble - like you prefer)?

I'm asking because that Amazon link contained this image, which reminds me of the vent port in the dull brass nozzle of the ED9. The description in the photo makes it sound like the nozzle vent adds bass (just how I interpret the statement), but on the ED9 it's the opposite case.

Just curious, because a vent nozzle is an easy mod to add to most any IEM.

I listened to them all yesterday, I love them and have reviewed them as such.

I think the vent nozzle tempers the bass as it does with all earphones, it looks to have a gauze filter like the ED9. Bargain of the week for me, last weeks was the EM-Is. They look to be available in the US via Amazon as well.

Did you get them already?....or, are you planning to get them?

Arrived yesterday

Amazon has been a far better hunting ground for decent earphones than Aliexpress and Gearbest of late: -
  • Winingtone RG EB301
  • EM-I C880 or whatever the seller decides to call them
  • ADAX HT06
  • Fonge T01
I've had a few duds - Dodocool DA131, Baseus etc. but more and more decent earphones are popping up on there. Slight premium over Ali but you get them so much quicker.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #10,588 of 33,689
It's exactly what happens when you have polarity issues. So far, I've only heard of one case where internal wiring was not correct, every other case had problem with cables. This is easy to test, plug one side reversed and take a listen, your first pair will probably sound exactly the same as second pair now. Maybe just switch good with bad cables and get the same result, this is the easiest thing to try.

So if you reverse the cable plug and they sound the same then you have a defective pair?

Aug 10, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #10,589 of 33,689
Hello im looking for an upgrade to the hifiman re 00. I have 150 usd and i prefer to buy from aliexpress.
The super audio 6 looks cool but not sure how it sounds.

If I am not mistaken it has 6BA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back