Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 4, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #10,471 of 33,689
Aug 4, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #10,472 of 33,689
i don't own the iem but had one in tour and tried another one that my friend has. i get the polarity point but cannot say something for sure. if i can get my hands on it again i will try.

You don't own them but you are making comments on them?

Aug 4, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #10,473 of 33,689
error

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 4:11 PM Post #10,475 of 33,689
i listened them 3 days? i think it's enough time to judge something.
I remember being told I wasn't allowed to comment on LCD2 sound once, and had them on loan for 2 weeks. I mean, I literally had the LCD2 in hand at the time but because I didn't buy them I was basically treated like an idiot. Just remember to mention roughly how long you had to try them and most will be fine with it.

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #10,476 of 33,689
I remember being told I wasn't allowed to comment on LCD2 sound once, and had them on loan for 2 weeks. I mean, I literally had the LCD2 in hand at the time but because I didn't buy them I was basically treated like an idiot. Just remember to mention roughly how long you had to try them and most will be fine with it.

That's a crock. People comment on stuff 30 minutes out of the package. That's just as valid of an opinion as having it for 2 weeks. Ownership vs loan has nothing to do with it.

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #10,477 of 33,689
I mean...

Guys, I don't buy what this reviewer is saying, but I've seen this line of argument repeatedly here and I don't think it holds up. I think they absolutely would spend the extra money so that they can market it as a quad driver IEM. People here go nuts over more drivers.

That being said, if they are going to go through the expense of puting the drivers in anyway, it doesn't really make sense why they wouldn't actually, you know, use them.

I'm not sure that applies when you're talking about a $17 IEM, especially when it would, in theory, be easy to rip it apart and prove that some of the drivers are useless. It just doesn't make sense.

The kind of people who would be "fooled" by it would be equally fooled if they didn't put the drivers in to begin with and just said they had 4.

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #10,478 of 33,689

As an absolute Audeze whore, whoever told you that sucks. Ignore them. I don't care if you completely hated the LCD-2 and think they sounded like garbage. You had them, you were listening, you know your opinion of them. No one should ever tell you otherwise.

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #10,479 of 33,689

Bruh, 30 minutes is enough time. I admit that brain burn-in is definitely a thing (it happened to me with the Nighthawk) but if you used your ears, your opinion is valid. PERIOD.

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #10,480 of 33,689
So comparing side by side, with the type II bass tips I still prefer the Simgot. Ok the pioneer has a detachable cable but apart from that I think the Simgot are better in every way.

The Pioner has an unusually large nozle, the bass is a bit flat and doesn't have the body or impact of the Simgot EN700 Bass. The treble is unnatural and grainy and the overall tone isn't very real.

The Simgot EN700 Bass doesn't have as pronounced treble as the Pioneer, but I can overlook that because the highs are not etched or grainy, the whole sound has good body and a more natural tone.

Midrange is slightly clearer on the Pioneer, and perhaps a little smoother on the EN700.

The EN700 Bass sound a little euphoric and very fun in comparison, the Pioneer just sound a bit lifeless and strained, there is also a bit of a mid-bass hump that isn't overly pleasant.

Ok the Pioneer are ok for the price, but the EN700 Bass in my opinion far surpass them.

Lol well everybody hears differently I guess. I don't hear anything grain or unnaturalness to the Pioneer. Nor do I get that bass hump. The Simgot is fun but for me the Pioneer is more engaging and immersive.

I can't stand the cable in the Simgot and how it tangles, on that note the Pioneer is becoming untwisted at the bottom section but ehh, easily replaced with another cable

Aug 4, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #10,481 of 33,689
Hi guys, I'm in the market for a pair of high-end IEMs and going for a Chinese brand seems like a great way to save a chunk of change. Sorry if this has been covered already but has anyone tried a pair of these 12 BA driver IEMs yet?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...107.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.52d7f288ulqICM

There's also another with 12 drivers from a different brand:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...777.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.61fdf3f2ZNo03m

They have another IEM with 10 BA drivers + 1 dynamic driver per side that looks interesting, especially as I'm a basshead:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...151.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.52d7f288HoE6UG

I also found these BEHEMOTH 18 driver IEMs which unfortunately are more than I'm willing to spend:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...g-Earphone-With-2Pin/1825606_32801533470.html

I haven't bought products from Aliexpress before and have no experience with these brands, so it might be a gamble spending so much on an unheard product. But the value for IEMs with so many drivers seems leaps and bounds ahead of the offerings of well known Western audiophile brands, many of which I suspect are manufactured in the same Chinese factories anyway.

I can offer up some opinoins on this in my usual rambling fashion.
How many times have you heard the phrase "More drivers does not neccesarily mean better sound? Well it is oh so true in so many cases.
More drivers can be good and help the maker tune the iem better but at the same time it's just more ways for the iem to be screwed up.
It's all in the tuning, a single driver tuned properly will sound infinately better than a 10 driver with even one tiny little slip up in the tuning.
One little slip up and it's all over for the critical listener.

I have had the DZ9 (8 + 1) and I still own the DZ8 (8ba) both chinese iems are from Gleam Audio.
At first when I got the DZ9's I thought they were the best sounding iem ever. Then I bought a pair of Angies and once I did, I noticed a big dip in the lower mids (or between the bass and mids) of the DZ9, Out they went for half of what I paid. (Angies tend to make some iems sound weird).
Now I am not saying anyone should go out and buy a TOTL iem to compare iems with. But getting your hands on some balanced, reference type iems like for example the Havi B3p1 so you have a reference point of how an iem should sound is not a bad idea.
The beauty in an iem for me is the balance between the lows mids and highs. That's the main thing anyway. Most of these Chi-fi Iems are tuned to be fun and exciting at first listen and there's nothing wrong with that either.
Now I say that because if I was comparing the DZ9's with the Havi B3P1 it would have made the dip in the DZ9's much more noticeable.

Next up I still have my DZ8's and they are really nice. I'm going to hold onto them for a long time. They are great but fall a little short in the extension at both ends and sound a tiny touch wonky next to the Angies. This can be forgiven because they are more of a stage monitor while Angie is a more of a studio monitor. And DZ8 just does not use the type of ba's up top that can extend all the way.
Also true to say is DZ8 is more of a stage monitor in my opinion and full treble extension might not be the go for on stage use. It's a great iem with a amssive stage but coloured and not for critical listening.

Maybe soon we will find the multi driver BA gem but I don't think we have yet.
All eyes are on the Big Dipper because if anyone can pull it off it's Lao Schlong.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #10,483 of 33,689

I'll have to disagree. That is enough time for an initial impression only. Not for an informed opinion. That still makes for valid comment. We all hear differently. When I'm told to keep listening to something that I don't like I just leave them playing for days and then listen again. Occasionally it sounds better.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #10,484 of 33,689

Beer saves the world

beerdog.gif

Aug 4, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #10,485 of 33,689
I'll have to disagree. That is enough time for an initial impression only. Not for an informed opinion. That still makes for valid comment. We all hear differently. When I'm told to keep listening to something that I don't like I just leave them playing for days and then listen again. Occasionally it sounds better.
bull.

If you spend a week nonstop listening to something and think it sounds better, all that's happened is you've adjusted to their sound Stockholm Syndrome style. You could take anyone and force them to listen to a headphone for days on end and they'd start to like its sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back