Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 2, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #10,427 of 33,689
I just bought a pair of Senfers PT15 and I I'm very impressed with the sound quality of the ear bud for the price. What impresses me even more is the quality of the silver cable included, very top notch for the price. Now I'm having some issues with the earbud, I know there's a good quantity of bass in them because if I push them to my ears I can definitely feel it kicking in the songs and goes deep, problem is the fit is a bit shallow, I'm using the blue-red cushions that came with them and they barely stay in place. Any suggestions to improve the fit and bass response guys?

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #10,428 of 33,689
Has anybody tried the new simgot en700 pro?
I read a comment where brokko advice them for iem below 200$ but no review
I have the EN700, I Believe they are pretty much the same sound wise just minor tweaks I Believe. I like it a lot but I enjoy my Pioneer CH9T much more and it roughly the same price

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #10,429 of 33,689
I just bought a pair of Senfers PT15 and I I'm very impressed with the sound quality of the ear bud for the price. What impresses me even more is the quality of the silver cable included, very top notch for the price. Now I'm having some issues with the earbud, I know there's a good quantity of bass in them because if I push them to my ears I can definitely feel it kicking in the songs and goes deep, problem is the fit is a bit shallow, I'm using the blue-red cushions that came with them and they barely stay in place. Any suggestions to improve the fit and bass response guys?

Tried foams?

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #10,430 of 33,689

Some people will most likely suggest using a double layer of foams in order to increase fit, or perhaps a rubber ring like https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Rubber-ring-for-earbuds-15mm-16mm-MX980-MX985-OMX985-MX880/ which can be put on first then covered with foam in order to help with fit. Others have also cut a slit into the foam and used it to cover a rubber ear hook to hold it in place, like the hooks you can get buying a VE Monk+. As far as bass on PT15, I'm fairly sure mine's first version which was before they increased bass, so mine can be anemic. I really should try the second version to see if I like the sound now.

Honestly, I would suggest going to https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/ to ask as it's the most comprehensive thread on Head-fi for earbuds.

Aug 2, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #10,431 of 33,689

On my PT15, I use a full Hiegi foam over a donut Hiegi foam. *The Hiegi foams are thicker than standard foams, but they're not the only thicker foams that are available. If you're interested in Hiegi, Penon Audio sells them (both on their website, and on their AliExpress store).

Aug 2, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #10,432 of 33,689
On my PT15, I use a full Hiegi foam over a donut Hiegi foam. *The Hiegi foams are thicker than standard foams, but they're not the only thicker foams that are available. If you're interested in Hiegi, Penon Audio sells them (both on their website, and on their AliExpress store).

Amazon has them with Prime Shipping for about $6 a pack, too. I use the full foams on my Monk+. Used to use just Hiegi donuts, then the stock covers then a mix of both and ened up just buying the full foams and it was the best for me

Aug 2, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #10,433 of 33,689
Okay I'm seriously perplexed about the Shozy Star. It's only on Penon's site. Not even Shozy mentions it anywhere.

Aug 3, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #10,435 of 33,689
€5 to whoever buys and reviews the Shozy Star.

I dislike when manufacturers don't provide any specs or info at all. Looks like a multi-bore design, which leads to the guess that it's a multi-BA IEM, but they could as well use a hybrid or multi-DD or single-DD design.

Anyway, if the price were lower and if there were at least some specs, I might have been crazy enough to do it (already did it in the past with the Pai Audio MR3, the the t.bone EP-7 and a couple of other products where no reviews/impressions existed, but as I said the price is too high for me for something that I don't know anything about other than that it is an in-ear).

Aug 3, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #10,438 of 33,689
The CH9T is terrific. Does anyone know how it compares to the Denon AH-C821?

Aug 3, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #10,439 of 33,689
I have the EN700, I Believe they are pretty much the same sound wise just minor tweaks I Believe. I like it a lot but I enjoy my Pioneer CH9T much more and it roughly the same price

Dunno, broke was very specific about being the pro model and it looks like already the bass have much better tuning. Mind that I like flatter or slightly u shape tuning an di do not use foams (they create too much pressure in my ear) but things like spiral dots that have large holes.

Aug 3, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #10,440 of 33,689
Really?

Interesting, I shall test them side by side tomorrow :)
What I should say to be more clear is that I have the EN700 Bass which I Believe is similar sounding to the Pro.

Between the 700 and the CH9T I believe the bass is pretty much the same between the two, slight quality edge going to Pioneer. Mids are a bit back in the 700 whereas the Pioneer they are a bit forward giving off a bit more detail and for me gives me more immersion in the music. The treble is pretty much the same, slight more upfront on the Pioneer but it's not bright at all. Resolution and stage width I give to the Pioneer. Depth and Imaging I would call about equal.

I love the CH9T so much that I purchased the HRM-6 the other day and am highly enjoying that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back