Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 25, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #10,246 of 33,689
Everybody hears differently. What's veiled to one may be clear to another. I think it also depends on what gear you have heard before, I've thought stuff was super clear in my early days and now I realize it was not good at all.

So true even at my sub £200 level. I really need to break the £200 height and buy some more expensive earphones / headphones.

There are so many different views on here that it's bamboozling at times, which is why it's nice to find a few people who you share similar preferences with and look out for their opinions.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #10,248 of 33,689
So true even at my sub £200 level. I really need to break the £200 height and buy some more expensive earphones / headphones.

There are so many different views on here that it's bamboozling at times, which is why it's nice to find a few people who you share similar preferences to and look out for their opinions.

Quite honestly, on recommendation of @jant71 I got a pair of the Pioneer CH9T, they retail for $130 USD. I was able to snag a pair off eBay for $70 brand new. I would gladly pay $200+ for them, highly recommend them. They are comparable SQ wise to my AKG N40 which retail for near $400 (snagged slightly used for $270). I grew out of the ChiFi market but still like to follow it.

I've had plenty of ChiFi gear in the $80-$200 range and none have came close to the CH9T. The LZA4 was closest and very good but still then Pioneer has a wider stage, better resolution and separation. The A4 has plenty of filter combos but to me it got tiresome bc I could never settle on a filter combo bc I had both the option to swap them and also the overall sound just stopped appeasing me.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 10:49 AM Post #10,249 of 33,689
Mine took 4 days to the UK from nicehck.

Still can't believe how quickly they came!

They're a nice alternative to the usual v shaped sound you get at this price point, and the build quality is fantastic for the price.

Thanks for the heads up, unfortunately I don't like that seller so used another one. Normal shipping time from China is 2-4 weeks so I'm prepared to wait :wink:

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #10,250 of 33,689
Quite honestly, on recommendation of @jant71 I got a pair of the Pioneer CH9T, they retail for $130 USD. I was able to snag a pair off eBay for $70 brand new. I would gladly pay $200+ for them, highly recommend them. They are comparable SQ wise to my AKG N40 which retail for near $400 (snagged slightly used for $270). I grew out of the ChiFi market but still like to follow it.

I've had plenty of ChiFi gear in the $80-$200 range and none have came close to the CH9T. The LZA4 was closest and very good but still then Pioneer has a wider stage, better resolution and separation. The A4 has plenty of filter combos but to me it got tiresome bc I could never settle on a filter combo bc I had both the option to swap them and also the overall sound just stopped appeasing me.

I've been scheming for a deal on the N40 since you first mentioned that deal you got way back when. Either so few people buy them, or everyone that does keeps them forever (or both). Used are impossible to find, and there's no deals (like open box) on any of them.

Glad to know the Pioneer is a (considerably) cheaper alternative! I'll keep my eyes out for a pair.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #10,252 of 33,689
Now I am debating if I should cancel my pinnacle PX and save all that money and buy some more KZ/chi fi headphones. Kinda tight on money right now but the p1 sounded so good don't know what to do.

Jul 25, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #10,253 of 33,689
During my weekly aliexpress check I noticed a few interesting iems.
Probably been posted already but anyway

DD + 2BA

1DD + 2BA

1DD + 1BA
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1Q7nJSpXXXXakXVXXq6xXFXXXp/****-New-SGZ-DN1-Hybrid-Balance-Armature-With-Dynamic-IEM-HI-FI-Bass-In-Ear-Earphones.jpg

Silver TFZ Kings

3BA

You buying them all?

Jul 25, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #10,254 of 33,689
Now I am debating if I should cancel my pinnacle PX and save all that money and buy some more KZ/chi fi headphones. Kinda tight on money right now but the p1 sounded so good don't know what to do.

Have you considered the Massdrop Nuforce EDC? The reviews seem to be pretty great on those and about half the cost of the PX. If you do go with KZ, the ZS5 is a lot of bang for the buck.

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #10,256 of 33,689
Waiting for FiiO F9 SE to be released and the new KZ (not ZSE) to be announced first

I had no intention of getting the ZSE but when I saw the price I could not resist. I am a weak, weak man.

weak and old.gif

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #10,257 of 33,689
During my weekly aliexpress check I noticed a few interesting iems.
Probably been posted already but anyway

DD + 2BA

That's the Magaosi K3 Pro aluminum shell. Nice!

You got a link to those?

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #10,258 of 33,689
Waiting for FiiO F9 SE to be released and the new KZ (not ZSE) to be announced first

It's unknown when the ZSR Pro will be released. Could be 3 more months; could be 3 more years!

Jul 25, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #10,259 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back