Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 4, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #7,861 of 33,689

They definitely do not suck! They are however, very tip dependent (annoying as it has a small nozzle so limits tip selection), for example with triple flanges they just did not sound right at all for me, far too dark. I am sure you will like them, they are fun to listen to! 

One irritating thing is that non-stock tips slide off too easily. If MEMT had only made the flared at the end of the flange a tad wider, it would have been able to retain tips better.

One person said they had to glue on their tips to get them to stay.

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:00 AM Post #7,863 of 33,689

Save your money, buy a pair of Einsear T2 or Urbanfun Hifi and see how they suit you.

If you do feel the need to upgrade you'll have only spent $10 - $15 and would have a decent sounding back up pair.

+1 on Urbanfun Hifi.

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #7,866 of 33,689

One irritating thing is that non-stock tips slide off too easily. If MEMT had only made the flared at the end of the flange a tad wider, it would have been able to retain tips better.

One person said they had to glue on their tips to get them to stay.

Spinfits sit perfectly on the X5. 
smile.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #7,871 of 33,689
Urbanfuns are simply amazing

No, they are not, they are just about decent IMO and then that's only if you can cope with the contrast between the DD and the BA driver. I am fed up listening to them after about a song and a half. :p

Apr 4, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #7,873 of 33,689
No, they are not, they are just about decent IMO and then that's only if you can cope with the contrast between the DD and the BA driver. I am fed up listening to them after about a song and a half. :p

Maybe it is a matter of tips, I don't use the stock ones, just KZ blue turbo tips and my impressions are exactly opposite, the contrast between the DD and the BA is nonexistent to my ears, they both work in a great harmony, the contrast is more audible in case of KZ ZST for example.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #7,874 of 33,689
Maybe it is a matter of tips, I don't use the stock ones, just KZ blue turbo tips and my impressions are exactly opposite, the contrast between the DD and the BA is nonexistent to my ears, they both work in a great harmony, the contrast is more audible in case of KZ ZST for example.

Doubt it's the tips, more likely differing tastes. CM recommended the LG Quads and some HTC earphones both of which I found to be dull and lifeless whereas I find the Urbanfuns to be excellent. 

There is some v.good reviews of these earphones if you take the time to look.

I read, I think in this thread or it's predecessor, that the Urbs share drivers with the K3s or similar earphones of standing. Not sure if that's true but wouldn't surprise me.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #7,875 of 33,689
found some more seahf, these are dual drivers, cost about 20 USD, with or without mic, and removable mmcx cables

link

Users who are viewing this thread

Back