Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 23, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #7,141 of 33,689
Hey guys, anyone know if there's any difference between the Musicmaker TK13 (T012) and the TK13S other than the detachable cable? Do your recommend getting an IEM this affordable with a detachable cable? 

This is the TK13

And this is the TK13S

other than the detachable cable, the rest of the specs seem the same. Apologies if this was already anwered, I either couldn't find it or I'm blind.

Also, I still can't choose between TK12 and TK13. I value bass and soundstage the most; is there a really big difference in bass level of TK12 and TK13 or is it pretty close? For example, I love the sound of the RHA MA750s and the bass on that is pretty great. Anyone tried both the RHAs and some of the Musicmakers to compare the levels? Any other IEM I should be looking for in this ~$100 price range that offers a great combo of bass and soundstage?

Mar 23, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #7,142 of 33,689
Hey guys, here's my review of the K3 Pro.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/hilisening-magaosi-newest-high-end-detachable-design-k3-in-ear-hifi-earphone-1-dynamic-and-2-ba-3-way-hybrid-earbud-sport-detach-earhooks-headset-headphones/reviews/18280

Mar 23, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #7,144 of 33,689
:cool: Absolutely. The MAJOR problem I find with the SWIII isn't the apparent brightness. It is the Massive assault on your hearing and brain trying to process THAT MUCH audio information at one time. I kid you not. You cannot process unless you focus on one particular thing, lets say soundstage width. In the Case of the SWIII it is infinite and through some magic actually appears to surround you in a 360 degree field of sound. I know it's impossible to do with only 2 Channels but your ears will tell you different. SO WHILE you are processing this 360 Degree phenomenum , JUST TRY and get a Fix on Separate instrument Placement and Layering WITHIN that circular sound stage. It just goes on ad infinum.....

Lets go to the Brightness..... IS it actually bright or are you hearing superior resolution and Clarity? OH wait a Minute HOW LOW DID THAT SUB BASS JUST EXTEND?

You get my point, the SWIII isn't a relaxed listen but unless you have heard it, it becomes almost impossible to explain. It has multiple crossover points that I haven't heard in other Earphones or Headphones for that matter.

Just my take on them. I still don't have them figured out.

:blink: :blink: TWIN

I may have to borrow them again to test on the Opus and Burson now. Should have asked for the last package lol

Mar 23, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #7,145 of 33,689
Hey guys, anyone know if there's any difference between the Musicmaker TK13 (T012) and the TK13S other than the detachable cable? Do your recommend getting an IEM this affordable with a detachable cable? 

This is the TK13

And this is the TK13S

other than the detachable cable, the rest of the specs seem the same. Apologies if this was already anwered, I either couldn't find it or I'm blind.

Also, I still can't choose between TK12 and TK13. I value bass and soundstage the most; is there a really big difference in bass level of TK12 and TK13 or is it pretty close? For example, I love the sound of the RHA MA750s and the bass on that is pretty great. Anyone tried both the RHAs and some of the Musicmakers to compare the levels? Any other IEM I should be looking for in this ~$100 price range that offers a great combo of bass and soundstage?

I've had both, sold the 12 to upgrade to the 13. Ended up trading my 13 for the 12 back from the guy I sold it to. Neither are honestly soundstage greats. I love both. FWIW the K3 Pro I believe is going to be around $50-90 during the AE special in a few days and I'd honestly go with that.

Mar 23, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #7,147 of 33,689
I've had both, sold the 12 to upgrade to the 13. Ended up trading my 13 for the 12 back from the guy I sold it to. Neither are honestly soundstage greats. I love both. FWIW the K3 Pro I believe is going to be around $50-90 during the AE special in a few days and I'd honestly go with that.

LOL. If only I didn't buy $200.00 worth of budget earbuds (15), then I could buy those... :frowning2:

Mar 23, 2017 at 7:21 PM Post #7,148 of 33,689
Any info on prices or release dates? I'm just about to order the current MEMT x5 or vivo xe800.  Wonder if its worth the wait.

Received my Memt X5 today. Really nice treble and mids but I can confirm the L signature. Unfortunately for me too much bass. Bassheads should consider this nice peace of earphones.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #7,149 of 33,689
  LOL. If only I didn't buy $200.00 worth of budget earbuds (15), then I could buy those... :frowning2:

Don't worry. You'll justify a reason to purchase them. It's the Head-fi way 
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #7,150 of 33,689
:grinning: Lemme know Justin. I will pop them off to you.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #7,151 of 33,689

Thanks for the reply mate. Thing is, I'm eyeing the K3 Pros indeed but by what I hear they're a bit too "neutral" for me; I expect quite a punch from the low end, and that's why I'm eyeing the TK13/TK12. Is TK12 bass worth it over the 13? My references for great IEM bass are MA750s and Sennheiser Momentum in-ears, never tried chinese hybrids so I can't compare with those..that's the least bass I really want my IEMs to have, so not exactly basshead but very present. Strange that you say that about TK soundstage, they're most often praised for having a huge one, with good 3D effect too.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #7,152 of 33,689
  Hey guys, here's my review of the K3 Pro.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/hilisening-magaosi-newest-high-end-detachable-design-k3-in-ear-hifi-earphone-1-dynamic-and-2-ba-3-way-hybrid-earbud-sport-detach-earhooks-headset-headphones/reviews/18280

Sorry, you miss a lot of things: soundstage, imaging, seperation, details/micro details, etc.

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #7,153 of 33,689

Sorry, you miss a lot of things: soundstage, imaging, seperation, details/micro details, etc.

Maybe you miss a lot of things:

able to hear the creak in the beginning of the song, meaning that the K3 Pro also has some very good detail retrieval in the mids

I found essentially every audio cue I was looking for

What really gets me is the instrumental separation and sense of air the K3 brings to the table

Did you even read my review? 

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #7,155 of 33,689
:grinning: Lemme know Justin. I will pop them off to you.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Sent back the A2 Pro and K1 yesterday, you should receive them Saturday. I'm ready, maybe the X5 can make their way into the package as well? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back