Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 23, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #7,126 of 33,689
  Would somebody be as kind as to clearly compare/state differences with the K3 Pro vs. the M1221, I tried the search to no avail :p

At my profile this is what I got, my mini impression of both....

SENDIY M1221 (Beryllium driver & BA hybrid with true tri-band performance with 3-tuning nozzles) -these are more on a professional level and are easily the best I have with ultimately the best texture and coherency I've heard by far with basically no harshness or unwanted peaks. With a choice of three tuning nozzles that works flawlessly -Balance, Neutral, and Flat. They sound brilliant and epic in every way with some of the widest soundstage and frontal head stage possible with clean and effortless detail, micro-details, and transparency from top to bottom. And finally, resolution on these are some of the best to be had for its price!

MaGaosi K3 (and *K3 PRO with 2-tuning nozzles) (Graphene drivers & dual Knowles 30017 BA hybrid) -similar tuning to the original K3003i, but better and more accurate bass and cleaner sounding midrange! ...with the *K3 PRO, the Dark Gray tuning nozzles "down-plays" the harsh and sibilant brightness you get on certain songs or genre's, while with the Silver tuning nozzles plays on the warmer side with excellent treble and refinement!

These are both my top toys! 
cool.gif

My Profile link.....
http://www.head-fi.org/u/363120/1clearhead

Mar 23, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #7,128 of 33,689
Guys, I was able to sample some new products by MEMT: --> The new X7, X9, X6 and the revamped X5.

And all I can say is that the MEMT earphones are really picking up speed as a favorite choice here in China for such a low price. Is night time here in China, so I'll show picks maybe during the weekend.
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #7,130 of 33,689
@1clearhead, yeah, I noticed the mini-impressions, although they're nice, and better than nothing, they lack a reference point from my view - they're basically marketing pep talks. As the K3 Pro has been lauded here, a direct comparison might be more insightful.

Planning to dab myself with a chi-fi IEM due to the Aliexpress sale, with a budget of 300€, any suggestions are welcome.

Mar 23, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #7,131 of 33,689
  Guys, I was able to sample some new products by MEMT: --> The new X7, X9, X6 and the revamped X5.

And all I can say is that the MEMT earphones are really picking up speed as a favorite choice here in China for such a low price. Is night time here in China, so I'll show picks maybe during the weekend.
ksc75smile.gif

Any info on prices or release dates? I'm just about to order the current MEMT x5 or vivo xe800.  Wonder if its worth the wait.

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #7,134 of 33,689
I'm looking to replace stock headphones with something better. I'm thinking of spending about $30/$35. Reading through this thread, it seems like the best option might be the UrbanFun. But, is there anything better in that price range?

Thanks for the help!

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #7,135 of 33,689
Don't you get the best of both worlds with the SW III? Big bass and bass detail?

cool.gif
Absolutely. The MAJOR problem I find with the SWIII isn't the apparent brightness. It is the Massive assault on your hearing and brain trying to process THAT MUCH audio information at one time. I kid you not. You cannot process unless you focus on one particular thing, lets say soundstage width. In the Case of the SWIII it is infinite and through some magic actually appears to surround you in a 360 degree field of sound. I know it's impossible to do with only 2 Channels but your ears will tell you different. SO WHILE you are processing this 360 Degree phenomenum , JUST TRY and get a Fix on Separate instrument Placement and Layering WITHIN that circular sound stage. It just goes on ad infinum.....

Lets go to the Brightness..... IS it actually bright or are you hearing superior resolution and Clarity? OH wait a Minute HOW LOW DID THAT SUB BASS JUST EXTEND?

You get my point, the SWIII isn't a relaxed listen but unless you have heard it, it becomes almost impossible to explain. It has multiple crossover points that I haven't heard in other Earphones or Headphones for that matter.

Just my take on them. I still don't have them figured out.

blink.gif
blink.gif
TWIN

Mar 23, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #7,136 of 33,689
:cool: Absolutely. The MAJOR problem I find with the SWIII isn't the apparent brightness. It is the Massive assault on your hearing and brain trying to process THAT MUCH audio information at one time. I kid you not. You cannot process unless you focus on one particular thing, lets say soundstage width. In the Case of the SWIII it is infinite and through some magic actually appears to surround you in a 360 degree field of sound. I know it's impossible to do with only 2 Channels but your ears will tell you different. SO WHILE you are processing this 360 Degree phenomenum , JUST TRY and get a Fix on Separate instrument Placement and Layering WITHIN that circular sound stage. It just goes on ad infinum.....

Lets go to the Brightness..... IS it actually bright or are you hearing superior resolution and Clarity? OH wait a Minute HOW LOW DID THAT SUB BASS JUST EXTEND?

You get my point, the SWIII isn't a relaxed listen but unless you have heard it, it becomes almost impossible to explain. It has multiple crossover points that I haven't heard in other Earphones or Headphones for that matter.

Just my take on them. I still don't have them figured out.

:blink: :blink: TWIN
This +10000000000000

Mar 23, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #7,137 of 33,689

And all I can say is that the MEMT earphones are really picking up speed as a favorite choice here in China for such a low price. Is night time here in China, so I'll show picks maybe during the weekend. :ksc75smile:

How did they revamp the X5? I hope with replaceable cables..

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #7,138 of 33,689
How did they revamp the X5? I hope with replaceable cables..

That would be nice, but if you consider the volume taken up by a connector, there's no way that the X5 could remain so small, and have a removable cable.

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #7,140 of 33,689

If they pulled a SUR and had it stick awkwardly out of the housing it could work :D

True, for regular listening, that would probably work.
But they may not fit as comfortably in the ear, when wearing them to sleep, as they do now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back