Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 22, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #7,067 of 33,689

Clearly seems he is chosing P1.

cool.gif
I didn't mention the SWIII specifically. It is in a complete different League than any of the current FOTMS. (IMHO) The problem with the SWIII is that is not a relaxed listen for a long duration. It is much more comparable performance wise to the TOTL CIEMs than it is to the others on the list. I also understand that the newer ones may have some changes to their Drivers as some newer owners are complaining about Siblance, which the originals have NONE. The comparison is like going from a pair of Senn. HD650 which are quite veiled to a Pair of AKG K701 Which are revealing and quite clinical by comparison. If this makes any sense.

Going back to your list though.....

They are all VERY good earphones I just am finding although I love a Good strong Bass, it seems that a lot of Detail in music are being hidden with an exaggerated low Frequency. Maybe it's just me.  You wouldn't go wrong with any of those on your list. Most will find nirvana with the A4, simply because of their versatility.

Comfort and Bass goes to the K3

Exceptional sound presentation goes to the P1. You need a TON of power to get optimum performance However.

JMHO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 22, 2017 at 9:19 AM Post #7,068 of 33,689
Someone willing to do a straight swap for listening purposes of a MMCX version for a non-MMCX version?

I have an MMCX and keen to listen to the original that has no sibilance. I don't necessarily mean a trade, but just a swap for a week or so.

Mar 22, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #7,069 of 33,689
  Ok,  it is so interesting ,  can you tell us which one is superstar now,  
SW3 
P1 
K3PRO 
A4. .  

I'm sure the Twin would agree that all 4 of these can be superstars in their respective categories
wink_face.gif

SWIII is a trebles heads dream.
P-1 is smooth and balanced with just about the right amount of everything across the board. (Excellent power and files really elevate this one)
K3Pro is the low end genius of the group.
A4 is the master of versatility.

With the right player and files all of these can be simply fantastic, just my $.02 YMMV
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 22, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #7,070 of 33,689
:grinning: Pod nailed it.

Pick your poison. One isn't necessarily better than the other depending on your use and preference.

1 5 driver
2 3 drivers
1 single driver

Absolutely amazing performance from all...

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp: TWIN

Mar 22, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #7,071 of 33,689
Ok. I am continuing to be impressed with the Pinnacle P1 by MEE Audio. I have spent a couple of hours and am just entranced by the sharpness and detail and also the perfect balance of frequecies.

Ever the semi bass head, I keep hoping for a little more. Up until now my most 2 recent go to's have been the LZ A4 and Magaosi K3. Both earphone with prestigious amounts of low end. Well after my listen to the P1 I tried both the A4 and K3. Sorry but neither of them sound correct after listening to the P1. The exaggerated low ends of these simply mask the sound and nuances.

I can't believe the P 1 in contrast. It is just SO detailed ,balanced and NATURAL.

It punches far above it's price.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Dr. Fang Bian of Hifiman, when his products was not popular, he kept doing his own products and ever said, he wanted to change people's view of hearing (from headphones). Many people actually didn't have a correct view of hearing from headphones.
However, on the other hand, sound preference vaires from man to man. The most important is that someone can happy. That's why some brands like Beat, LZ can exist, even prosper.

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #7,072 of 33,689
I'm sure the Twin would agree that all 4 of these can be superstars in their respective categories:wink_face:

SWIII is a trebles heads dream.
P-1 is smooth and balanced with just about the right amount of everything across the board. (Excellent power and files really elevate this one)
K3Pro is the low end genius of the group.
A4 is the master of versatility.

With the right player and files all of these can be simply fantastic, just my $.02 YMMV:bigsmile_face:

K3 Pro has better low end than SWIII?

Mar 22, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #7,073 of 33,689

I'll let @TwinACStacks elaborate on these two as my remarks are based on his findings on the two. (I'll also say that it is the K3 which according to him are the bass masters of the four) I personally can only attest to the P-1 and A4's but I pretty much over the years know Keith's pref and have no doubt his take on both the K3 and SWIII are spot on. You did not ask me if I had owned and heard all four of these and my post was strictly referring to all of them as "Can Be" Superstars
wink_face.gif

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #7,074 of 33,689

cool.gif
The K3 pro has prestigious amounts of Bass, kept Tightly under control with very good Sub bass extension. It is Present all the time Just like the TK12 (the SWIII's little brother). What IS rather peculiar here, (since I've been listening to the P1), is That the Bass response on the A4 and K3 listened to directly after listening to the Bass on the P1, sound positively Bloated and Loose, and I know Stand-alone they are not. It's just the effect I'm trying to point out about the P1 overall precision. It's uncanny in it's price range, and ONLY a single Driver????

The Bass on the SWIII is only present when called upon. The Sub Bass extension however is EASILY the lowest I have heard from any IEM that I personally have had the pleasure to listen to.

There are Many, Many I haven't heard as well.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #7,075 of 33,689
Well I see now, I found the same IEM from another seller (AK), I hope this one hasn't done anything dreadful yet :)
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-AK-Light-In-Ear-Earphone-5mm-Mini-Dynamic-Noise-Cancelling-Sleep-Headset-With-Sleeping-Earplugs/119089_32752459434.html
In any case, it seems to me that both IEMs have not been a bestseller here :)

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #7,076 of 33,689

I just received a pair of these the other day and will be reviewing them...eventually. I don't know why they mark them as the **** brand as they're actually from ToneKing. Only put a couple songs into them to ensure they worked but they seems pretty balanced with a light treble tilt. Great detail retrieval. Bass is somewhat customizable due to the dual style nozzle (brilliant design imo) that can accommodate tip-mounted micro-driver earphone tips (like those used on the JVC FXD60/70/80) or more standard tips (thankfully both types are included). Midrange is clean and crisp. I paid around 20 CAD for mine and they're well worth that. Full disclosure: I reached out and arranged a discount so I could get a pair in for review. Wasn't willing to pay full price for an unknown.

They're much smaller than the MEMT X5 and sit more flush with your head. Better fit and finish too, though the X5 is no slouch. It's a solid product. The MusicMaker TW1 (same awesome cable as the Light) or KZ HDS1 would be good options if you simply want something cheap and tiny to sleep on, though (scrap that, they fit like the E107) I personally would recommend something with a flatter profile like the QKZ W1 Pro (not necessarily that model, just something in that style).

I just had to wait a couple of minutes :)
So, tiny is great, I really think I'm gonna try them if they are at least decent. 22$ won't be too much in this case
QKZ also are on my list, they seem similar to the X800 which I don't use only because of the cable. And the QKZ have a nice cable so they should work just fine.
Thank you very much for you imput, it's just what I hoped to hear!

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #7,077 of 33,689
  I just had to wait a couple of minutes :)
So, tiny is great, I really think I'm gonna try them if they are at least decent. 22$ won't be too much in this case
QKZ also are on my list, they seem similar to the X800 which I don't use only because of the cable. And the QKZ have a nice cable so they should work just fine.
Thank you very much for you imput, it's just what I hoped to hear!

That's how flush they fit me, btw. My ear canals turn early so they might sit deeper/more flush for you.

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #7,078 of 33,689
  Much has happened since I came here for the last time...
Well I see now, I found the same IEM from another seller (AK), I hope this one hasn't done anything dreadful yet :)
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-AK-Light-In-Ear-Earphone-5mm-Mini-Dynamic-Noise-Cancelling-Sleep-Headset-With-Sleeping-Earplugs/119089_32752459434.html
In any case, it seems to me that both IEMs have not been a bestseller here :)

​Just to put in another good word for them. Very pleasant sound, fairly good clarity and slightly warm sound. Comfort is stellar - have no other IEMs as comfortable as these. The included tips even worked great (it's a rare occurrence when I end up using the included tips). I think the version I have is the first one though, cosmetically they look slightly different (it's fully rounded at the back, and the red/blue is only a narrow ring). Only criticism I have with mine is that they seem to need a bit of power to perform the best, but perhaps that has been improved on.

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #7,079 of 33,689
  Sleep IEMs
In my neverending quest for comfortable IEMs to sleep on, I stumbled upon these "**** Light 5mm" which are advertised as "sleeping earphone". 
They do seem pretty small, but before going for them I'd like to know if anyone of you tried them. 
I'd buy them on the birthday sale, but at 22$ they still cost a bit too much to be bought without any review.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/****-Light-5mm-Mini-Dynamic-Super-Bass-HIFI-Sleeping-In-Ear-Headset-Totally-In-Ear-Sleep/519064_32752459315.html 

Have you tried the Phillips she3580/3590 for sleeping? I had decent success with them when I needed something to plug my ears so I could sleep while camping at a music festival.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/561951/philips-she3580-iem-review-how-can-something-sound-so-good-for-10

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #7,080 of 33,689
:cool: The K3 pro has prestigious amounts of Bass, kept Tightly under control with very good Sub bass extension. It is Present all the time Just like the TK12 (the SWIII's little brother). What IS rather peculiar here, (since I've been listening to the P1), is That the Bass response on the A4 and K3 listened to directly after listening to the Bass on the P1, sound positively Bloated and Loose, and I know Stand-alone they are not. It's just the effect I'm trying to point out about the P1 overall precision. It's uncanny in it's price range, and ONLY a single Driver????

The Bass on the SWIII is only present when called upon. The Sub Bass extension however is EASILY the lowest I have heard from any IEM that I personally have had the pleasure to listen to.

There are Many, Many I haven't heard as well.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

say 5 is neutral
how do gauge A4/ K3 pro / P1 in terms of bass and sub bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back