Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 20, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #5,131 of 33,689
Too bad no one has an appetite for 3.5 TRRS or 2 x 2.5 TS Balanced Cables.

2.5mm TRRS or 4-pin XLR are probably easier to get. Then all you need is a adapter to others, such as:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/TRRS-2-5mm-Balanced-To-3pin-3-5mm-Female-Audio-Silver-Cable-For-IRIVER-AK240-AK240ss/319162_32478243987.html

Jan 20, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #5,132 of 33,689

This one @peter123 also mentioned. But the page says "Sorry, this item is no longer available!"

I saw that after I had posted the link from my "Your Orders" page on AliExperess.
After the Chinese New Year, I'm going to see if I can contact "Lunashops", to see if they're going to be assembling any new balanced cables.
EDIT: It looks like they still have that cable, in 100-lot quantities -  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-5mm-TRRS-Balanced-Soft-OFC-Shielding-Earphone-Cable-For-Shure-se215-se315-se425-se535-Se846/32674995956.html

Take Care,
David Baldock

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #5,133 of 33,689
Magaosi K3 vs FLC8s

I hate to say it, but the FLC8s is still noticeably better to my ears.  More crisp, all-around clarity; better 3D imaging.  Bass rumbles about the same.  Several times on:
https://soundcloud.com/locirecords/the-crossroads-a-loci-records-mix-by-edamame
I could hear the FLC's bringing out upper-lows and synths noticeably more clear.  I do think that the Mids are a little more pronounced than the FLC8's and more clear.  Of course, I'm not using the Mids boost FLC8 filters either, so maybe they aren't better.
The K3 is surprisingly more warm, so some may find it less fatiguing, as the FLC can make some fatigued; depending on the filters used, of course.  The K3, however, does stand up to the challenge and fights respectfully. But, at the end of the day, the K3 is a College track athlete, while the FLC8s is going to the Olympics.  The K3 is over half the price, so what do you expect; I guess...  But, with the FLC8s having such effective filter options, the K3 doesn't have a chance sound-wise.
The K3 also has the much, much better MMCX connector, so I can use it with my Westone bluetooth cable if on the go, as well as some other great cables with Mic.  The FLC8s is unfortunately bound to its stock cable, as not even the TF10 connectors will work with them.  I may have to pay someone to make them into the CIEM 2-pin.  So, that is definitely a huge plus with the K3 over the TF10, and it will continue to be a big plus for most my other comparisons; but its worth something; at least to me.  

I was really hoping to find a Giant Killer with a less-marketed, obscure brand.  But, so far, I've found just some really, really good value headphones with fun, enjoyable sound.  

I will continue to post comparisons as I make my way through the comparisons.  I started with one of my all-time favorites, so I suppose there could be some bias here. However, I REALLY, really wanted the K3's to win; so there was bias there too at the same time.  K3's better at some things, while the FLC8s is better at a lot of things.  Is it really worth the $150 cost difference?  I say YES; for us audiophiles.  For the average person; get the K3 and you'll be very happy.

Worth noting: I was not listening to my FLAC files at this time.  I was on the FiiO E7K.  I suspect some differences with FLAC and with the amp, and perhaps there will be an affect on the sound enough that the K3 will be better at additional things than the FLC8s.

Jan 20, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #5,134 of 33,689
Hi, was just wondering if somebody could help me out. I'm a huge rock zircon fan due to their incredible bass and sound signature. But I'm into my 4th pair due to them constantly breaking.. Was just wondering if somebody could reccommend anything with same amount or even more bass and similar sound signature but more durable? Thanks

Jan 20, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #5,136 of 33,689
Hi, was just wondering if somebody could help me out. I'm a huge rock zircon fan due to their incredible bass and sound signature. But I'm into my 4th pair due to them constantly breaking.. Was just wondering if somebody could reccommend anything with same amount or even more bass and similar sound signature but more durable? Thanks

If you want bass I'd recommend the following; Somic V4, YINJW S1, Music Maker TKY1, Crazy Cello (these aren't as bassy as all the previous but still produce a good amount of bass)

Jan 20, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #5,139 of 33,689
AptX Bluetooth MMCX. Nice.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2017-New-NiceHCK-HB1-Wireless-Bluetooth-4-1-Earphone-Upgrade-Cable-MMCX-Cable-Support-For-Aptx/1825606_32789274984.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.OLPyk5

I don't know if I'd bite at $40, but great to see some aptX options finally. Could use my A4 and K3 at the gym finally without issue.

Jan 20, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #5,140 of 33,689

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2017-New-NiceHCK-HB1-Wireless-Bluetooth-4-1-Earphone-Upgrade-Cable-MMCX-Cable-Support-For-Aptx/1825606_32789274984.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.OLPyk5

I don't know if I'd bite at $40, but great to see some aptX options finally. Could use my A4 and K3 at the gym finally without issue.

That's night identical to the ADVANCED Model 3 module...

If it's the same internally, it's good. Very good.

Jan 20, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #5,141 of 33,689
Thanks for the reply, do the iems you've mentioned have more bass than the zircons and which is the basiest and most durable?

Ok so I just gave them all a listen.

I couldn't find my yinjw s1 so I used the tennmak pro instead.

I used this song Wiz Khalifa - On My Level. To my ears it goes like this in terms of bass quantity and quality:
Tennmak Pro > Somic v4 > Tenmmak Crazy Cello > Music Maker TKY1 > Rock Zircon

In terms of durability any of them are a better choice than the zircon.

Jan 20, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #5,143 of 33,689
Decided to bring out the MusicMaker TW1 for a listen today. Forgot how good these were when amped and paired with some quality EDM. Treble was also a lot more prominent than I remembered. Micro-drivers are the best :3

glad you are still enjoying it like I do. Try use a dap and amp providing it more juice

Jan 20, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #5,145 of 33,689

That's night identical to the ADVANCED Model 3 module...

If it's the same internally, it's good. Very good.

Looking forward to M5:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BO-m4hoBTdg/

I've got the Trinity Audio Bluetooth Lanyard (MMCX & aptX), but it appears that the focus of these manufacturers is to make small units, sacrificing battery size, and thus - run time.  I'd really like a Bluetooth Receiver that can play music all day at work, i.e.- 8 to 10 hours, rather than having to take it off and recharge it after only 5 or 6 hours.  That mean swapping over to a set of wired earphones, or buying two of the Bluetooth units.  
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back