Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 24, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #33,541 of 33,689
Quite happy with the SHURE SE535LTD in terms of isolation and comfort, but not really happy if you compare them to the Astell&Kern Layla AION or 64 Audio tia Trio. Can't take your advice as quite a lot of the "garbage" discussed here on the forum is definitely not for me.
If you're considering which TOTL audio gear you want to purchase, then the best new $20 IEM for someone upgrading from the earbuds with their phone is of little interest. But the reverse also applies. Not everything posted will be interesting to everyone. But no-one is having their arm twisted to force them to read anything. I find it amusing to read other peoples opinions on things I may never listen to. Some are over enthusiastic. Some are overcritical and dismissive. Everyone is listening to their own preferred music through their own ears. It's hardly surprising to read different conclusions about the same thing. Other than a perverse obsession with technology, I assume most people here just enjoy listening to music.

Aug 24, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #33,542 of 33,689
Can't take your advice as quite a lot of the "garbage" discussed here on the forum is definitely not for me.
Most people here are very careful to point out that their reviews and comments are relative to their own taste and to similarly priced sets. A four star $20 set is not the same thing as a four star $500 set.

Aug 25, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #33,543 of 33,689
Coming here, commenting after someone who seems to be interested in sub 50$ IEM and pointing out another brand which is not even an Asian and not even on the same price range. 50$ vs 500$?

Mentioning isolation and comfort even wasn't asked for? Isn't it the fit factor subjective as every person has a different shaped ear?

Later talking about the other's suggestions as garbage just because they try to give relative suggestions to the price range.

Very nice logic going on very nice...

I like when people randomly throws sth out there even though it's not entirely related and get pissed when you point them out their logic. Later everyone else's suggestions are just garbage...

I like chocolate cake a lot. If you happen to like anything else than that, your opinion is just garbage?

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #33,544 of 33,689
Coming here, commenting after someone who seems to be interested in sub 50$ IEM and pointing out another brand which is not even an Asian and not even on the same price range. 50$ vs 500$?

Mentioning isolation and comfort even wasn't asked for? Isn't it the fit factor subjective as every person has a different shaped ear?

Later talking about the other's suggestions as garbage just because they try to give relative suggestions to the price range.

Very nice logic going on very nice...

I like when people randomly throws sth out there even though it's not entirely related and get pissed when you point them out their logic. Later everyone else's suggestions are just garbage...

I like chocolate cake a lot. If you happen to like anything else than that, your opinion is just garbage?
I don't like generalising or making false assumptions / accustations but please note location and join date of the account you are replying to.

Aug 25, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #33,546 of 33,689
Last edited:
Aug 25, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #33,547 of 33,689
The stark difference in price 😯
1661479069216.png

Aug 27, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #33,548 of 33,689
SuperTFZ Force1 $79

https://www.mobileaudiophile.com/supertfz-force1/

20220826_155309.jpgI had a good time reviewing this new set from TFZ's sister company SuperTFZ. I know the name is ridiculous. Lol. It's a V-shaped dynamic budget set which is really well made and great to look at. It has its faults which is to be expected but all in all the Force1 is a nice new iem in the TFZ lineup.

Sep 8, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #33,552 of 33,689
Gotten back here recently and havent been on much since COVID. It seems most BRAND Chi-fi is the way to go. With so many options, some tried and doneover, while others "new unique" or untested can be hard to say. Reading and watching vids along with graphs can only get so far. Audtioning is a No-Go for 99.9999% of us, but hey the truth is not to expect end-game level sound for anything less than $250...or maybe $500...or $1000??... If you can get that sound for less, good for you. And also dont forget, you have many different sources, cables, eartips and sound preferences (configuration/comfort/brand). Underwhelmed by a $50 IEM? A quick fix would try EQ or maybe have a sit in front of your AC. One thing for sure though is there are more IEM options than ever has been and all should be thankful of that. :)

Sep 11, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #33,554 of 33,689
KZ AS16 Pro
20220904_131256.jpg

Here is my review (link below) of a set which does many things very well (my opinion of course). I suppose it can be a bit polarizing in the community. However I ended up enjoying the As16 Pro quite a lot. It has its issues, no doubt about it, but it also has some very redeeming qualities and for $55 I think the As16 Pro easily lives up to the asking price. Anyways, if you are in the market for such a thing please have a read. Also, take care everyone.

20220905_095937.jpg

Full Review:
https://www.mobileaudiophile.com/kz-as16-pro-review/

20220904_130132.jpg20220904_131507.jpg20220905_100250.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back