Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 19, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #33,481 of 33,689
Tripowen HBB Mele or for a little more Tripowin HBB Olina.

Mele is good choice at $50, so is the TRN TA1 Max. I think Aria is on sale for $72 on AliExpress
Stretching to around $100 opens up a bewildering range of options
: TTipsy TTROMSO, GS Audio GD3C, Tangzu Yuan Li, the new Snow Aria with the Kanas Pro DLC driver, Starfield, Meteor...

To be honest, if $70 is your budget then tips, case and cable, can balloon out the price pretty quickly too.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #33,483 of 33,689
Jun 21, 2022 at 2:41 AM Post #33,484 of 33,689
I currently own the chus and letshuoer s12, main genres are j-pop and city-pop. I find that the vocals on the s12 are not as forward as I liked, I like vocals but I also don't want to sacrifice too much bass. I've demo'd the b2's in the past and I find that the bass on it was very lacking. Please do recommend me some potential upgrades, I've heard great things from penon and yanyin but never got the chance to demo them and I don't have a particular budget range in mind but anything that's around or less than 1000 usd should suffice. Thanks in advance!

Jun 21, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #33,485 of 33,689
I currently own the chus and letshuoer s12, main genres are j-pop and city-pop. I find that the vocals on the s12 are not as forward as I liked, I like vocals but I also don't want to sacrifice too much bass. I've demo'd the b2's in the past and I find that the bass on it was very lacking. Please do recommend me some potential upgrades, I've heard great things from penon and yanyin but never got the chance to demo them and I don't have a particular budget range in mind but anything that's around or less than 1000 usd should suffice. Thanks in advance!
If you like 'Good' Bass, with great quality the IMR Splash of Gold, from IMR Acoustics sorts that out completely. I have the S12 too. The Splash of Gold has bass as it should be....and vocals are more part of it's show. It's VERY tuneable too.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #33,486 of 33,689
If you like 'Good' Bass, with great quality the IMR Splash of Gold, from IMR Acoustics sorts that out completely. I have the S12 too. The Splash of Gold has bass as it should be....and vocals are more part of it's show. It's VERY tuneable too.
Thanks for the recommendation, never heard of it before, but I will definitely check them out!

Jun 22, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #33,488 of 33,689
Thanks for the recommendation, never heard of it before, but I will definitely check them out!

Just FYI - IMR are a UK brand, rather than being Chinese / Asian. And they tend to produce small lots of IEMs, for fairly short periods of time.

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #33,490 of 33,689
Yeah I was very bumped out when I saw that all of their stuffs are sold out, not to mention how much the shipping might cost :frowning2:
There are still Bass Cannon Units available. They are trying to get a couple more for the run. May be worth checking. If you like bass they might be special.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2022 at 9:31 AM Post #33,491 of 33,689
Yanyin Canons are fantastic imo. 3 tuning switches for your taste, can adjust the bass, mids and treble with noticeable changes. I currently have it with mid switch on and there’s plenty of bass. If I want a more fun sound, I switch bass and mid on. Exceptional iem for around 300-350 usd

Jun 22, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #33,492 of 33,689
Yanyin Canons are fantastic imo. 3 tuning switches for your taste, can adjust the bass, mids and treble with noticeable changes. I currently have it with mid switch on and there’s plenty of bass. If I want a more fun sound, I switch bass and mid on. Exceptional iem for around 300-350 usd
Been very curious about chinese brands like Yanyin and Penon, now that you've said that I think I will aim for the Canons. Quick question, how big are the canons? Are they as big as b2? I demo'd the b2 before and they irritate my ears to no end as they are big as hell. Also, I can't even get the oracle to fit my ears, since there are no places near me that allows me to demo the Canons, I'm afraid that the Canons my not fit my ears well. If the housing is smaller than the b2, oracle, raptgo-hookx, then I will definitely go for it.

Jun 22, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #33,493 of 33,689
Been very curious about chinese brands like Yanyin and Penon, now that you've said that I think I will aim for the Canons. Quick question, how big are the canons? Are they as big as b2? I demo'd the b2 before and they irritate my ears to no end as they are big as hell. Also, I can't even get the oracle to fit my ears, since there are no places near me that allows me to demo the Canons, I'm afraid that the Canons my not fit my ears well. If the housing is smaller than the b2, oracle, raptgo-hookx, then I will definitely go for it.
I wouldn’t say they are big in size. They fit me just fine but I’m not sure how big they are in relationship to the other ones you mentioned. Sorry I can’t advise

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #33,494 of 33,689
Jun 23, 2022 at 3:57 AM Post #33,495 of 33,689
I wouldn’t say they are big in size. They fit me just fine but I’m not sure how big they are in relationship to the other ones you mentioned. Sorry I can’t advise
It's ok, you've helped me plenty, appreciate it. I guess I'll take your word for it hahaha.
Here's a listing, from a couple of years ago, for some IMR earphones being sold in Singapore - https://www.carousell.sg/p/imr-r1-zenith-for-sale-1015145944/
There's no info shown, on whether they sold, or are still for sale.
The listings has no reviews and the overall listing looks kinda sketchy. I don't feel safe buying from that seller, but thanks for helping, appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back