Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 6, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #33,451 of 33,689
Check out my review of Musehifi Power.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/muse-hifi-power.25812/reviews
20220415_172045.jpg

Jun 6, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #33,452 of 33,689
Currently I am having a casual listen to the Red Sparrow OST, composed by the reverred James Newton Howard. I chose the Hiby Lasya as I was looking for a rather laid back listen. But oh well, does the analytical side of me ever rest? Nope, it doesn't, and hence I started to pick up bits and pieces, and the itching to pen them down begun. So here goes:

The track I was listneing to was this:

And I must say I wasn't expecting the surprise Lasya gave me! Honestly, it seems that either this iem was made for this type of orchestral music, or it found a perfect pair with L&P W2. Either way, the way it produces thunderous bass drums and deep rumbling bass and double bass (I'm guessing here, have no idea what the actual instruments were, but the notes were too heavy to be from cello), recreates both the forward, sharp & sometimes slightly grating violins, as well as the delicate background violins effortlessly, while projecting an immaculate depth perception with beautiful imaging was simply exhilarating! And in doing all of these never once it made me feel that the notes do not have satisfactory body, have wrong/dull tonality and uncomfortable peaks. I was thoroughly overwhelmed.

From memory, it trumps the BQEYZ Autumn in almost every way, apart from a bit of clarity in the midrange, may be, which the Autumn achieved in expense of the bass slam. Autumn was a smooth sounding iem that was a bit too laid back and was missing the dynamic nature, which made it fail to incite the spark of life in the music. Lasya, despite being a smooth iem itself, never once made me feel that it's lacking any of that much craved dynamic character, and it surely makes the tracks come alive. The bass slams hard, is textured, digs deep. Midrange is clean, precise, devoid of sharp peaks. Treble sparkles well, with may be the upper treble extension a bit controlled. This is smooth iem done right. I was not expecting such a quality in around $200 ($209 is the current price.)

20220605_202620.jpg

(Sorry for the crappy image quality, don't have a better phone. The tips here are BGVP W01 tips, M size. Not stock tips.)

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #33,453 of 33,689
This looks to have a rather long nozzle. Is it longer than other semi custom IEMs you've worn? Also, I saw that the nozzle tip is 6mm wide. So both long and thick. How is the comfort with tips on? The IEMs themselves are beautiful.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #33,454 of 33,689
Currently I am having a casual listen to the Red Sparrow OST, composed by the reverred James Newton Howard. I chose the Hiby Lasya as I was looking for a rather laid back listen. But oh well, does the analytical side of me ever rest? Nope, it doesn't, and hence I started to pick up bits and pieces, and the itching to pen them down begun. So here goes:

The track I was listneing to was this:

And I must say I wasn't expecting the surprise Lasya gave me! Honestly, it seems that either this iem was made for this type of orchestral music, or it found a perfect pair with L&P W2. Either way, the way it produces thunderous bass drums and deep rumbling bass and double bass (I'm guessing here, have no idea what the actual instruments were, but the notes were too heavy to be from cello), recreates both the forward, sharp & sometimes slightly grating violins, as well as the delicate background violins effortlessly, while projecting an immaculate depth perception with beautiful imaging was simply exhilarating! And in doing all of these never once it made me feel that the notes do not have satisfactory body, have wrong/dull tonality and uncomfortable peaks. I was thoroughly overwhelmed.

From memory, it trumps the BQEYZ Autumn in almost every way, apart from a bit of clarity in the midrange, may be, which the Autumn achieved in expense of the bass slam. Autumn was a smooth sounding iem that was a bit too laid back and was missing the dynamic nature, which made it fail to incite the spark of life in the music. Lasya, despite being a smooth iem itself, never once made me feel that it's lacking any of that much craved dynamic character, and it surely makes the tracks come alive. The bass slams hard, is textured, digs deep. Midrange is clean, precise, devoid of sharp peaks. Treble sparkles well, with may be the upper treble extension a bit controlled. This is smooth iem done right. I was not expecting such a quality in around $200 ($209 is the current price.)

20220605_202620.jpg

(Sorry for the crappy image quality, don't have a better phone. The tips here are BGVP W01 tips, M size. Not stock tips.)

This is quite a looker. Links?

Jun 6, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #33,455 of 33,689
Jun 6, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #33,456 of 33,689
This looks to have a rather long nozzle. Is it longer than other semi custom IEMs you've worn? Also, I saw that the nozzle tip is 6mm wide. So both long and thick. How is the comfort with tips on? The IEMs themselves are beautiful.
One of the most comfortable iems I have ever had. They disappear in the ears in such a way I have to check sometimes to confirm they are still attached properly. Despite the dimensions the shell itself is so deftly designed that it sits snugly and super comfortably. And no, it's not longer, probably the same as T800, the last semi custom I remember wearing. Similar to...no, slightly longer than Penon Orb.

Jun 11, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #33,461 of 33,689

First off, great review! You’re kinder to them than I am. Maybe I’ll revisit them soon and see if I find them better this time.

Second, there’s a rumor on Reddit that Muse HiFi is doing a silent 1.5 update on these with better tuning and a smaller shell… while continuing to sell through the old stock.

Now, this is a RUMOR. So I can’t vouch for any part of it. It’s interesting but I’ll wait to see some evidence that it’s true.

Jun 11, 2022 at 10:17 PM Post #33,462 of 33,689
First off, great review! You’re kinder to them than I am. Maybe I’ll revisit them soon and see if I find them better this time.

Second, there’s a rumor on Reddit that Muse HiFi is doing a silent 1.5 update on these with better tuning and a smaller shell… while continuing to sell through the old stock.

Now, this is a RUMOR. So I can’t vouch for any part of it. It’s interesting but I’ll wait to see some evidence that it’s true.
Well, if I tested other current planar IEMs, maybe I will be more critical but since I've only tested few ones so thats it.

Jun 12, 2022 at 12:36 AM Post #33,463 of 33,689
CCA CRA+

A pretty fun and well tuned budget gem. Against the current crop of low cost iems I'd say the CRA+ fares well.
Here is my take on this highly anticipated budget set. The CRA+ is the successor to the original CRA and I'd say does well in what it was intended to do. Below is my review of the CRA+
https://www.mobileaudiophile.com/cca-cra/

PROS

-Fun but balanced tuning
-Price
-Tonality through much of the mix
-Easy to drive

CONS

-High expectations and big hype
-Sub-par accessories (I know, I know…these are $30)
-Not the most polished treble
-Slight metallic tizz on some vocals
-Honestly, no serious cons at this price, just enjoy

20220608_180307.jpg20220608_175859.jpg20220608_175019.jpg

Jun 12, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #33,464 of 33,689
CRA+ - Newest daily beater. I can't find much fault for $30. Put it on the KZ AZ09 Pro and you have a highly competent gym IEM you don't mind destroying with sweat compared to your $199 Galaxy Buds Pro.

KZ ESX - on it's way

TRN Kirin - I was lucky enough to purchase a Linsoul Gift Card so this should be my next purchase very soon.

Jun 12, 2022 at 1:38 AM Post #33,465 of 33,689
CRA+ - Newest daily beater. I can't find much fault for $30. Put it on the KZ AZ09 Pro and you have a highly competent gym IEM you don't mind destroying with sweat compared to your $199 Galaxy Buds Pro.

KZ ESX - on it's way

TRN Kirin - I was lucky enough to purchase a Linsoul Gift Card so this should be my next purchase very soon.
Looks like a nice set (TRN Kirin). TRN has been doing good things lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back