Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 20, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #3,241 of 33,689
Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent bass-oriented IEM in the $100-200 range?  Not entirely sure if I want to pick one up, but I'm tempted.
tfz series 5

Nov 20, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #3,242 of 33,689
Moni One. Bass can be on the lighter side but has beautiful texture and control. Treble can lean bright but is highly detailed. Rock music sound brilliant on them. Im preferring them over the unmentionables

Thanks Lurk. Wasn't it you that made those wooden HLSX (I think was the 808's) a few months back with those grey tips (that I have yet to buy)? How do you think those Moni One's would compare to the Sendiy M1221? I don't know jack about either of them but have been ferociously trying to keep up with this thread by just now reading like the last 44 pages.

Not sure if this is a real original price, but the M1221 is on sale from $298 down to $149. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sendiy-M1221-Dynamic-and-Armature-Double-unit-metal-Earbuds-HIFI-In-Ear-Earphone-Headset/32757009502.html

I need to talk to @1clearhead. He's never steered  wrong. I should say he has always steered me more than right.

Nov 20, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #3,243 of 33,689
Thanks Lurk. Wasn't it you that made those wooden HLSX (I think was the 808's) a few months back with those grey tips (that I have yet to buy)? How do you think those Moni One's would compare to the Sendiy M1221? I don't know jack about either of them but have been ferociously trying to keep up with this thread by just now reading like the last 44 pages.

Not sure if this is a real original price, but the M1221 is on sale from $298 down to $149. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sendiy-M1221-Dynamic-and-Armature-Double-unit-metal-Earbuds-HIFI-In-Ear-Earphone-Headset/32757009502.html

I need to talk to @1clearhead
. He's never steered  wrong. I should say he has always steered me more than right.

Nope haven't heard the 808. Not sure about the Sendiy either, looks like the upcoming Trinity Audio Atlas Delta.

That's another one to look at, the Trinity Audio Phantom Master 4 just started shipping

Nov 20, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #3,244 of 33,689
Geez my UEs just got sent out. a good week after 11.11. but well, they must be really busy huhh

Nov 20, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #3,245 of 33,689
Nope haven't heard the 808. Not sure about the Sendiy either, looks like the upcoming Trinity Audio Atlas Delta.

That's another one to look at, the Trinity Audio Phantom Master 4 just started shipping

Maybe it was @CoiL that did that mod. Had my eye on the Trinity when they had the pre-order sale. Wonder how they sound. I think they were 4BA earphones going from memory.

Nov 20, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #3,251 of 33,689

Holy Cow! You can't jump from 2 or 3 drivers to 10, you have to go step by step!

cool.gif
Their 2 Driver Hybrid was not impressive. Now their going to try 10?????

This should either be amusing or sad. I'm not sure which.....

I'll give them one thing, They're ambitious.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Nov 20, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #3,252 of 33,689
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for the dual hybrid.

Although not the best hybrid I've ever heard, the ZST sounded damn good for the price and better than the piston hybrid IMHO.

I just think it's fricken awesome what KZ is doing. They're pushing the limits of budget audio, that's awesome for us cheapos, lol

Nov 20, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #3,254 of 33,689
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for the dual hybrid.

Although not the best hybrid I've ever heard, the ZST sounded damn good for the price and better than the piston hybrid IMHO.

I just think it's fricken awesome what KZ is doing. They're pushing the limits of budget audio, that's awesome for us cheapos, lol

I would say the ZST bass is more controlled than the hybrids but still booms when not necessary, combined with being much louder than the mids/treble.

Nov 20, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #3,255 of 33,689
some more raw measures, inaccurate and not compensated, just for tonal rough comparison..

**** UEs, new & not burnt-in vs "old", burnt-in:

the new ones shows very slight more bass, less upper-mids, and highs roll-off.
i'll measure them again when burnt-in, but don't expect significant tonal differences.

Urbanfun, shallow vs deep (and higher isolation) insertion, not burnt-in:

quite big bass difference.

**** UEs (old one) vs Urbanfun (not burnt-in, averaged from shallow and deep insertion):

Urbanfun has considerably more emphasized bass (sub-bass?), and less (more relaxed) highs. about upper-mids, i think female voices sound a bit forwarded in Urbanfun than in UEs, with different timbre (maybe that +2.5dB difference in 3-3.5KHz?). They match their hip-hop looking.

i prefer the UEs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back