Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 17, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #32,461 of 33,689
Great comparison :) It turns out that you are like a "Sultan" with many beautiful women, with a different "personality", in his "harem" :beerchug:
I have always liked the concept and uniqueness of the Ninetails model.

Ninetails is a keeper, I think I bought it at $86 USD last year, it is sadly being phased out, so only a few shops are still stocking it, and they are asking sometimes $130 - 150 for it. The tuning filters really work and ain't gimmicks (cough cough looking at your NiceHCK M6), so can be anything from neutralish to V shaped to basshead. With amping it can really give jawrattling headache inducing bass haha. It also has a very organic timbre as per its DD roots and a big soundstage as per the open backed design.

The negatives are that the isolation is poor though, due to the open backed design, and the technicalities (other than soundstage) are also below average for that price range. I think a lot of folks didn't consider it cause of the weird looking fit, but it is comfortable, once u know how to place it inside the ear.

Nov 17, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #32,462 of 33,689
Ninetails is a keeper, I think I bought it at $86 USD last year, it is sadly being phased out, so only a few shops are still stocking it, and they are asking sometimes $130 - 150 for it. The tuning filters really work and ain't gimmicks (cough cough looking at your NiceHCK M6), so can be anything from neutralish to V shaped to basshead. With amping it can really give jawrattling headache inducing bass haha. It also has a very organic timbre as per its DD roots and a big soundstage as per the open backed design.

The negatives are that the isolation is poor though, due to the open backed design, and the technicalities (other than soundstage) are also below average for that price range. I think a lot of folks didn't consider it cause of the weird looking fit, but it is comfortable, once u know how to place it inside the ear.
The concept is good, for sure, it just needs new "makeup". Come on Toneking take the "lady" to the beauty salon :)
Today, there are so many good drivers that could really fit in nicely and revert this "beauty" into the PRO

Nov 17, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #32,463 of 33,689
Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #32,464 of 33,689
Nov 17, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #32,465 of 33,689
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Nov 17, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #32,466 of 33,689
Actually I also thought the Tin T2 plus was a bit too undynamic and boring for me. The tuning is very safe and inoffensive though. I think the timbre is good, quite hard to find good timbre/tonality at this price point, as most CHIFI go for driver nuclear race counts or copious technicalities or even driver material hype eg beryllium. It's commoner to find a highly technical multi driver CHIFI at the sub $50 price bracket with V shaped/harmanish tuning then something like the Tin T2 Plus, but I think most folks will find the Tin T2 Plus safe at least.
Just that the poor isolation and MMCX issues on my set put the final nail in the coffin for it, it has not been used for a long time, maybe I only take it out now and then for A/B testing for comparisons with other single DD.

Haha if u want a more zany/eccentric girlfriend IEM as per your analogy, let me introduce you to some "crazy" girls IEMs that are way more vanilla than your Tin T2 Plus:

1) BLON BL-05S -> radioactive green coloured shells AKA the rock punk girl with dyed green hair and golden metal studs in the nose. I brought the BLON BL-05S once on the subway and got stares from a lot of folks. Okay, it will not be used outdoors again. Ever.

2) HZSound Heart Mirror -> the vain girl that looks in a mirror every day 24/7. Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all? The shells are really mirror like and u can see your reflection and fingerprints on it yeah. Be careful of putting photos of the Heart Mirror online, your fingerprints might be used for some criminal activity!

3) Toneking Ninetails -> the girl with 9 different split personalities (9 tuning signatures). Can be anything from mild and demure (neutralish) to more extroverted (V shaped) to even a crazy drunk life of the party (basshead). Probably the girl with the most varying personalities!!! Can suit different moods for sure!

4) TRN VX - > the shouty sibilant loud girl. Be careful, may be a too hot wildchild to handle! I needed hearing protection with this one!

If possible try T2+ with Sennheiser tips the ones come with CX 3.00 and that series if available handily. I'm attaching a reference as well. These tips really add the necessary excitement and bite to T2+. With stock tips they sound good but lack that X-factor. Sound signature remains the same but it just sounds more fun tantalizing if we're still keeping on with girlfriend analogy 😅

Attachments

• 61DJkPwQ+0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61DJkPwQ+0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
Nov 17, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #32,467 of 33,689
I thought the X-factor was because of this "X". :smiley: Did you mean #1 tips?
xfactor.jpg

Nov 17, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #32,469 of 33,689
Nov 17, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #32,470 of 33,689
Actually I also thought the Tin T2 plus was a bit too undynamic and boring for me. The tuning is very safe and inoffensive though. I think the timbre is good, quite hard to find good timbre/tonality at this price point, as most CHIFI go for driver nuclear race counts or copious technicalities or even driver material hype eg beryllium. It's commoner to find a highly technical multi driver CHIFI at the sub $50 price bracket with V shaped/harmanish tuning then something like the Tin T2 Plus, but I think most folks will find the Tin T2 Plus safe at least.
Just that the poor isolation and MMCX issues on my set put the final nail in the coffin for it, it has not been used for a long time, maybe I only take it out now and then for A/B testing for comparisons with other single DD.

Haha if u want a more zany/eccentric girlfriend IEM as per your analogy, let me introduce you to some "crazy" girls IEMs that are way more vanilla than your Tin T2 Plus:

1) BLON BL-05S -> radioactive green coloured shells AKA the rock punk girl with dyed green hair and golden metal studs in the nose. I brought the BLON BL-05S once on the subway and got stares from a lot of folks. Okay, it will not be used outdoors again. Ever.
frontis-1-795x445.jpg

2) HZSound Heart Mirror -> the vain girl that looks in a mirror every day 24/7. Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all? The shells are really mirror like and u can see your reflection and fingerprints on it yeah. Be careful of putting photos of the Heart Mirror online, your fingerprints might be used for some criminal activity!
d8RAhrM.jpg

3) Toneking Ninetails -> the girl with 9 different split personalities (9 tuning signatures). Can be anything from mild and demure (neutralish) to more extroverted (V shaped) to even a crazy drunk life of the party (basshead). Probably the girl with the most varying personalities!!! Can suit different moods for sure!
WhatsApp_Image_2019-07-29_at_23.24.32.jpeg

4) TRN VX - > the shouty sibilant loud girl. Be careful, may be a too hot wildchild to handle! I needed hearing protection with this one!
11244032.jpg
I would classify:
No.1 as the DUF (Designated Ugly Friend); they will make your other IEMs look good
No.3 as the one that got away; as your odds of finding one is slim to none.
No. 4 as the 2am call. Way too loud and only as a last resort

Nov 17, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #32,471 of 33,689
Where are these different tips from?
No. 3 comes with Sennheiser IE 40 Pro. The "x" keeps the foam inside the tip.

Nov 17, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #32,472 of 33,689
No. 3 comes with Sennheiser IE 40 Pro. The "x" keeps the foam inside the tip.
For reducing treble probably? These unique ear tips are part of the Sennheizer tuning process.
They work perfectly with their earbuds, but the question is how they would behave with other models?

Nov 17, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #32,473 of 33,689
This metal L-shaped impedance adapter is more precise,we made both 3.5mm audio and 2.5mm balanced version .

Impedance35X4.jpg
Impedance2.5X4.jpg

PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
Nov 18, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #32,474 of 33,689
You even used to be able to smoke on a plane. Everyone was smoking like a chimney during flights lol
Gawd. I miss those glory days. Stopped flying 25 years ago ( not so much because of smoking restrictions, more because of security issues I felt were a pita). Stopped going to bars about 15 years ago. All because they outlawed smoking. Now, I drink and smoke at home (albeit outside...landlord won't let me smoke inside my apartment). It's OK. I've adjusted. Sadly though, even before COVID19, I stopped going out to listen to live bands. I'm old school and come from a time when smoking was acceptable and you could do so anywhere. When government banned it in bars and restaurants...I stopped going to those places. I smoke, and when I drink, I DEFINITELY smoke more. Used to like to go to bars/concerts/venues, but if I can't enjoy a few smokes and some drinks while enjoying the music/vibe; I'm out. Some of the best music ever made or performed; came from a smokey bar venue. Many bands ( like Allman brothers and many others) recorded albums in these smokey pubs; like the Filmore East, for example). Jazz performances (everything from Miles Davis to Benny Goodman) was a great sounding experience because people just went to these venues to have a good time and listen to live music. You went to the gigs knowing that the experience was going to involve smoking and drinking. For me, going to live gigs lost it's appeal when they didn't let me smoke at the venues anymore. Btw, back in the day; they used to let you smoke in your hospital room too. My mom didn't smoke when she was pregnant with me...but as soon as she popped me out...she lit up a smoke! Wish the world was more like the old days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back