Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 18, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #32,476 of 33,689
For reducing treble probably? These unique ear tips are part of the Sennheizer tuning process.
They work perfectly with their earbuds, but the question is how they would behave with other models?
Yes, I believe that's their purpose. I haven't tried them with other sets, though.

Nov 18, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #32,477 of 33,689
Hi.. I have Focal Clear and Grado GH2 and enjoy both so much. Currently I am looking for an IEM which has similar sound signature to either Focal Clear or GH2. I did some homework and find out that Tanchjim Oxygen, Tinhifi P1, BGVP DM7, Moondrop Kxxs are likely to match with my taste. (unfortunately.. never auditioned any of them) I have limited knowledge to Chinese IEM brands, and look for some advices. Any comments please?

Nov 18, 2020 at 4:20 AM Post #32,478 of 33,689
If you want an IEM for classical music the Starsea is the right IEM. I've been using the Starsea every day since the 20th October on the balanced setting. The staging, imaging, layering and resolution are exellent and the tweeter top notch. They are very much a reference IEM but with Bass. They take some time to brain burn in and empirically burn in, but are a really rewarding IEM. I have over 30 IEMs and the TRi Starsea and the TRi i3 are my favourites.
I have been testing the Starsea since Monday and I am coming to the same conclusion. The i3 is my current favourite but it is quite possible that the Starsea will equal or surpass it. With the Lark and Diamond also impressing, TRI/KBEAR is doing really well!

Nov 18, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #32,479 of 33,689
Looks like there is another Aliexpress sale coming on 23/11/2020. Probably the Chinese equivalent of Black Friday. Forecasted prices are already out, I think in general the prices and coupons ain't as good as the recent 11/11. But might be worth a consideration for folks who missed the recent 11/11 sale.

ax.PNG

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #32,481 of 33,689
Looks like there is another Aliexpress sale coming on 23/11/2020. Probably the Chinese equivalent of Black Friday. Forecasted prices are already out, I think in general the prices and coupons ain't as good as the recent 11/11. But might be worth a consideration for folks who missed the recent 11/11 sale.

ax.PNG

golden ears.PNG

PRO TIP: Best deal of Black Friday on Aliexpress: $14500 for the golden ears TRN. With an ultra generous $45 + $6 coupon gymnastics. A deal every golden ears audiophile shouldn't miss!

Seems TRN has upped production from a measly 5 pieces available on 11/11 to 20 for Black Friday! Haha they must be optimistic it will sell like hotcakes!

Nov 18, 2020 at 6:59 AM Post #32,482 of 33,689

PRO TIP: Best deal of Black Friday on Aliexpress: $14500 for the golden ears TRN. With an ultra generous $45 + $6 coupon gymnastics. A deal every golden ears audiophile shouldn't miss!

Seems TRN has upped production from a measly 5 pieces available on 11/11 to 20 for Black Friday! Haha they must be optimistic it will sell like hotcakes!

Can you imagine that they've sold exactly none? I don't understand why...

Screenshot_20201118-195839.png

Edit: Not even their CEO could bring themselves to order a pair

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #32,484 of 33,689
golden ears.PNG

Great discount. Who wants to lose their ears when using this model outside, feel free to buy them. The price is similar to a new earlobe :beerchug:

Nov 18, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #32,485 of 33,689
Going back to the conversation about impedance adapters, I very occasionally whip out my ultimate ears adaptor that I got with a super fi 3 in circa 2009. It's that long ago, I don't remember it's resistance, and have lost my multimeter. I think it's 16 ohm or possibly 32 ohm. The only real use I have, is to remove the hiss from really sensitive iems when I notice it. I only really notice it on occasion with pure ba sets, when using a cheap digital amp or straight from my phone. Most of the time the noise floor is low enough to ignore it. I only really notice that it about halves the volume from my phone, so sometimes I have to use the amp.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #32,486 of 33,689
Where are these different tips from?

Yes I meant #1 tips. Unfortunately don't have X-factor tips😆 but would like to one day.

Nov 18, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #32,490 of 33,689
Does anyone know what the experience of playing classical music is like with the Starsea as compared with the NM2+?

I don't have the NM2+ (single DD).

In general, I'll take a single DD type IEM for classical music as they give a more authentic timbre for woodwinds, percussions and brasses. Multi BA/hybrids may be better in technical performance than single DDs in general, but a few of these multi BA types have an artificial timbre for the above acoustic instruments. Maybe they can portray E strings/strings okay, but not the percs and woodwinds, at least for me. The best timbre I've heard in these multi driver BA/hybrid types will probably be the LZ A7 and maybe Audiosense DT200, but the LZ A7 in particular has a bit of a metallic timbre for the higher treble frequencies handled by the piezo drivers, so they still won't beat a well tuned single DD in timbre, but it is still one of the best timbre I've heard in a piezo. This is just nitpicking and it's just my 2 cents, I'm sure others enjoy multi driver BA/piezo type timbre, so different strokes for different folks.

For the TRI Starsea (multi driver hybrid), actually classical music sounds quite good on the lower registers handled by the DD driver, especially for percussions, but the mids/treble frequencies handled by the BAs does have a bit of metallic BA timbre for woodwinds and brass instruments. TRI Starsea though is quite "reference" like on certain tunings and has outstanding technical performance and isolation/fit and will be a good match for classical if you ain't too OCD about timbre in the higher frequencies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back