Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 25, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #30,556 of 33,689
I don't think it's as relative as that. Materialism and consumerism has tangible and direct impact on the environment and the amount of finite resources extracted from the planet. Per capita resource extraction and energy extraction in the West is not currently sustainable if extended to the entire world population. Our individual choices have collective repercussions and all choices are not uniformly equal.

I collect and study meteorites as a hobby, which are not originally of this world.

Therefore, they have no impact on the Earth’s finite natural resources. My whole collection also takes up less room than a shoebox, so no problem there.

And it gives me great personal enjoyment, expands and enriches my knowledge of the subject, and allows an appreciation for my place in this vast universe. It is also relaxing and mentally stimulating, which has a positive impact on my mental health and overall well-being.

So how is that wrong again?

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #30,557 of 33,689
Sun loses its energy, multiple types of flowers on meadow too. World is wealh. You need only to be honest.

Apr 26, 2020 at 1:36 AM Post #30,558 of 33,689
I collect and study meteorites as a hobby, which are not originally of this world.

Therefore, they have no impact on the Earth’s finite natural resources. My whole collection also takes up less room than a shoebox, so no problem there.

And it gives me great personal enjoyment, expands and enriches my knowledge of the subject, and allows an appreciation for my place in this vast universe. It is also relaxing and mentally stimulating, which has a positive impact on my mental health and overall well-being.

So how is that wrong again?
Nothing wrong, but not quite relevant either. My response was to your assertion that consumerism, hoarding is no better or worse than minimalism and making do with less. All choices carry costs and opportunity costs.

Apr 26, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #30,561 of 33,689
Apr 26, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #30,562 of 33,689
The thing that helps me forget about the clutter of the IEMs I've acquired is to purchase a new one.

Apr 27, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #30,563 of 33,689
Fonge T01 is also good for the extreme budget price range ($2ish range).
But fit is realllly bad for me... IKKO OH1 would be same. IEMs with such design is no-go for me.

Apr 27, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #30,564 of 33,689
But fit is realllly bad for me... IKKO OH1 would be same. IEMs with such design is no-go for me.

Very true; without a proper fit, NO earphone will sound good!

Apr 27, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #30,565 of 33,689
Just ordered the Blon BL03 from AliExpress and am looking forward to hearing them.

Currently using KZ ED9, Yinjw P8, Rock Zircon and KS ZS5.

Apr 28, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #30,567 of 33,689
Hisenior U4 - first impressions

I just got U4 two days ago and thought to share my first positive impressions here.

(Disclaimer: I paid a full price of ~200 $ plus two pins minus the cable)

Hisenior offers several models, U4 is their non-custom version of T4, a 4-BA model: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hisenior-t4.23591/

I started my order with A6, but the customer service, Gareth, was so great that I ended up with U4 (I was offered several nice options, U4 indeed suited my needs best for what I opted to pay).

Again, the customer service is really superb in all aspects (tangible and intsngible) and it matters.

For the option of custom colours for the shell and the top I was lost even in blue shades, finally ordering a frankenstein combination of four different blues - well, the end result is totally subtly unique and still simple blue :)

Unboxing: I really loved it, no boxes, just a nice case with a decent selection of tips and few tiny extras.

Build: no any problems the 0.75 2-pin connectors were tight for my common (0.78) 2-pin cables, but everything worked.

Fit: very nice small shell; spiral dots (or similar tips) worked well for me; used them comfortably for 3+ hours.

The sound is great so far.

Bass: is more or similar to AS16, a bit less than in C16, I could not perceive much difference with KZ/CCA here.

Mids: definitely a mid-centric IEM with ED and TWFK Knowles working together. "Smooth ambience" comes to mind.

Treble: I asked for the "most unleashed" trebles (at least in terms of not putting any dampers). I still can take a bit more. Violins sound closer to nice recordings rather than up close. Definitely, for most people it will sound very pleasing; for me - it is still more than I expected from Knowles, quite happy here.

Finally, in terms of the cost to performance, was it worth? For me - yes, definitely, since I got what I was looking for, but~200 $ is definitely a very competitive category with many other offerings of multi-BA IEMs.

I would be curious to know if someone can offer a comparison with similar Audiosense and BGVP models

Here is a picture of them:
15881117077172455569664736900671.jpg

Apr 28, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #30,568 of 33,689
Hisenior U4 - first impressions

I just got U4 two days ago and thought to share my first positive impressions here.

(Disclaimer: I paid a full price of ~200 $ plus two pins minus the cable)

Hisenior offers several models, U4 is their non-custom version of T4, a 4-BA model: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hisenior-t4.23591/

I started my order with A6, but the customer service, Gareth, was so great that I ended up with U4 (I was offered several nice options, U4 indeed suited my needs best for what I opted to pay).

Again, the customer service is really superb in all aspects (tangible and intsngible) and it matters.

For the option of custom colours for the shell and the top I was lost even in blue shades, finally ordering a frankenstein combination of four different blues - well, the end result is totally subtly unique and still simple blue :)

Unboxing: I really loved it, no boxes, just a nice case with a decent selection of tips and few tiny extras.

Build: no any problems the 0.75 2-pin connectors were tight for my common (0.78) 2-pin cables, but everything worked.

Fit: very nice small shell; spiral dots (or similar tips) worked well for me; used them comfortably for 3+ hours.

The sound is great so far.

Bass: is more or similar to AS16, a bit less than in C16, I could not perceive much difference with KZ/CCA here.

Mids: definitely a mid-centric IEM with ED and TWFK Knowles working together. "Smooth ambience" comes to mind.

Treble: I asked for the "most unleashed" trebles (at least in terms of not putting any dampers). I still can take a bit more. Violins sound closer to nice recordings rather than up close. Definitely, for most people it will sound very pleasing; for me - it is still more than I expected from Knowles, quite happy here.

Finally, in terms of the cost to performance, was it worth? For me - yes, definitely, since I got what I was looking for, but~200 $ is definitely a very competitive category with many other offerings of multi-BA IEMs.

I would be curious to know if someone can offer a comparison with similar Audiosense and BGVP models

Here is a picture of them:

Nice review!

How is the subbass rumble and extension on this set?
I've not been able to find a BA bass that rumbles well (which is felt rather than heard) for the subbass (20 - 60 kHz) so far, though perhaps there are some in the TOTL pricing which I haven't tried. So the basshead in me usually prefers DD bass any day, though we all have subjective preferences.

As for comparing Hisenior gear with Audiosense, I don't have this U4, but the Hisenior B5+ (5 knowles BA) vs Audiosense T800 (8 knowles BA) is very different in tuning and technical abilities. B5+ is midcentric vs U shaped T800, and T800 wins in soundstage, details, clarity, imaging and instrument separation. T800 for a BA bass also extends to almost 20 Hz, with a vented subwoofer that makes it have a moderate decay that sounds almost like a DD bass in decay. But the T800 may be fatiguing after a while due to the bright tuning whereas B5+ is super non fatiguing.

Apr 28, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #30,569 of 33,689
Nice review!

How is the subbass rumble and extension on this set?
I've not been able to find a BA bass that rumbles well (which is felt rather than heard) for the subbass (20 - 60 kHz) so far, though perhaps there are some in the TOTL pricing which I haven't tried. So the basshead in me usually prefers DD bass any day, though we all have subjective preferences.

As for comparing Hisenior gear with Audiosense, I don't have this U4, but the Hisenior B5+ (5 knowles BA) vs Audiosense T800 (8 knowles BA) is very different in tuning and technical abilities. B5+ is midcentric vs U shaped T800, and T800 wins in soundstage, details, clarity, imaging and instrument separation. T800 for a BA bass also extends to almost 20 Hz, with a vented subwoofer that makes it have a moderate decay that sounds almost like a DD bass in decay. But the T800 may be fatiguing after a while due to the bright tuning whereas B5+ is super non fatiguing.
Thank you, I just thought to put together few words to share my positive experience.

U4 have single Knowles CI for the bass - very decent, but not much subbass, plus still sharing Hisenior mid-centric genes.

2 adapted HODTECKs in T800, definitely a great IEM to have, are a much stronger bass force.

I read that Sonion 3800 are one of the largest bass BAs, but no personal experience.

To move the air for the rumble, a big membrane of a large DD is the most physically suitable.
A design with the DD employed just exclusively below 60 Hz with a set of BAs is my dream concept :)

Apr 28, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #30,570 of 33,689
anyone know a hybrid that has BAs for bass, but uses dynamic driver for treble? because i always prefer fast decay on bass, but warmer and softer attack on treble

Users who are viewing this thread

Back