Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 14, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #29,162 of 33,689
Hi everybody,

I wanted to upgrade my KZ ZS5 and KZ ZST, and I sold my KZ ZS5. The thing is, there are too many choices today rather than before. Or at least, I find out more choices there days.

Mostly I listen to rock and metal musics like Megadeth, Metallica, Babymetal, Evanescense, Opeth, and occasionally stuff like Skrillex or Gregorio Allegri. I may use IEMs for playing retro games too. Some example songs are Burn My Dread (Persona 3), At Doom's Gate (I can say original MIDI record and Nestalgica), Shoot Em Up (Thomas Vent Remix), Tourniquet (Evanescence) and Harlequin Forest (Opeth).

What I am looking for on an iem is how accurate it is to an original record. Details, details, details... I mean, how each instruments textured accurately. I don't like too much bass or screaming vocals. Also I hated KZ ES3's sound, it was damn too bright.

I use IEMs in indoors as well as outdoors too.

Mostly I use my own dac and amplifier (2*PCM54P -> Hybrid Amp (JRC 4558D + Telefunken ECC83)) or OnePlus 6.

I am totally confused now. I am trying to read reviews about KZ ZST and KZ ZS5 and comparing these with recent models, like Fiio EA5, KZ ZSX, CCA C12, Tin T4, Tin T3, Tin T2, TRN BA5, TFZ Galaxy T2, Blon BL-03 etc. My budget is up to around $75 and I can't buy each of them.

Which IEM would you suggest for my taste?
Based on your preferences I would suggest the TRN BA5 or the Tin T3. Both of these are accurate, dig up lots of detail and have a more linear bass output, and also have well behaved treble. These are two of my current favourites.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #29,163 of 33,689
Hi everybody,

I wanted to upgrade my KZ ZS5 and KZ ZST, and I sold my KZ ZS5. The thing is, there are too many choices today rather than before. Or at least, I find out more choices there days.

Mostly I listen to rock and metal musics like Megadeth, Metallica, Babymetal, Evanescense, Opeth, and occasionally stuff like Skrillex

What I am looking for on an iem is how accurate it is to an original record. Details, details, details... I mean, how each instruments textured accurately. I don't like too much bass or screaming vocals. Also I hated KZ ES3's sound, it was damn too bright.

Mostly I use my own dac and amplifier (2*PCM54P -> Hybrid Amp (JRC 4558D + Telefunken ECC83)) or OnePlus 6.

I am totally confused now. I am trying to read reviews about KZ ZST and KZ ZS5 and comparing these with recent models, like Fiio EA5, KZ ZSX, CCA C12, Tin T4, Tin T3, Tin T2, TRN BA5, TFZ Galaxy T2, Blon BL-03 etc. My budget is up to around $75 and I can't buy each of them.

I own the kz zst and the blon bl03, but none of the others. My personal recommendation is the zs10 pro as they are very a comfortable fit for me, although they are quite bright in the 2 to 4k region. They are slightly more detailed sounding, than the blon but can be slightly tiring to listen to at more than about 40% volume straight out of my phone, if listening to genres such as rock, goth and indie. They have decent bass however. Slightly cleaner than the zst in the bass department. And less peaky in the treble.

The blons have better timbre overall, sometimes the zs10 pro can sound tiny bit too artificial in the upper treble, especially with lots of snare drums and high hats. The isolation on the blons isn't great though as they are a variable fit. I only mention this as you say you use them outside.

I can't comment on the others, as I don't own them, but I quite like the trn v60s. I use these as a more relaxed listen, as the highs are slightly lower, and they have more isolation, but quite a lot of driver flex, as they have no vents to release the pressure when you insert them into your ears. This does not bother me though. I imagine these won't be an upgrade over your kz zs5 though. Edit. These have quite a lot of bass though, so might not be to your liking.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #29,164 of 33,689
Hi everybody,

Mostly I listen to rock and metal musics like Megadeth, Metallica, Babymetal, Evanescense, Opeth, and occasionally stuff like Skrillex or Gregorio Allegri. I may use IEMs for playing retro games too. Some example songs are Burn My Dread (Persona 3), At Doom's Gate (I can say original MIDI record and Nestalgica), Shoot Em Up (Thomas Vent Remix), Tourniquet (Evanescence) and Harlequin Forest (Opeth).

If you have $75 try to get yourself an LZ A6 mini. You will literally schiit yourself. It was $180 and sounds like a $180 iem. But now its under $80. I got mine for $67, but I had a $15 off coupon. There are varying prices and deals on it depending on the day it seems.

Dec 14, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #29,165 of 33,689
Thanks a lot for your replies.
Based on your preferences I would suggest the TRN BA5 or the Tin T3. Both of these are accurate, dig up lots of detail and have a more linear bass output, and also have well behaved treble. These are two of my current favourites.

It looks like TRN BA5 is really good. My only concern is TRN's QC issues. If that is not a severe issue I may go with BA5. Tin T3 looks great too.

I own the kz zst and the blon bl03, but none of the others. My personal recommendation is the zs10 pro as they are very a comfortable fit for me, although they are quite bright in the 2 to 4k region. They are slightly more detailed sounding, than the blon but can be slightly tiring to listen to at more than about 40% volume straight out of my phone, if listening to genres such as rock, goth and indie. They have decent bass however. Slightly cleaner than the zst in the bass department. And less peaky in the treble.

The blons have better timbre overall, sometimes the zs10 pro can sound tiny bit too artificial in the upper treble, especially with lots of snare drums and high hats. The isolation on the blons isn't great though as they are a variable fit. I only mention this as you say you use them outside.

I can't comment on the others, as I don't own them, but I quite like the trn v60s. I use these as a more relaxed listen, as the highs are slightly lower, and they have more isolation, but quite a lot of driver flex, as they have no vents to release the pressure when you insert them into your ears. This does not bother me though. I imagine these won't be an upgrade over your kz zs5 though. Edit. These have quite a lot of bass though, so might not be to your liking.

This reply means a lot. I couldn't find any comparison between KZ ZS5 and recent models, so now I can see differences much better. Appreciated.

If you have $75 try to get yourself an LZ A6 mini. You will literally schiit yourself. It was $180 and sounds like a $180 iem. But now its under $80. I got mine for $67, but I had a $15 off coupon. There are varying prices and deals on it depending on the day it seems.

I have never seen this iem. Looks really interesting. I will check reviews about this iem.

Dec 14, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #29,166 of 33,689
Thanks a lot for your replies.

It looks like TRN BA5 is really good. My only concern is TRN's QC issues. If that is not a severe issue I may go with BA5. Tin T3 looks great too.

This reply means a lot. I couldn't find any comparison between KZ ZS5 and recent models, so now I can see differences much better. Appreciated.

I have never seen this iem. Looks really interesting. I will check reviews about this iem.

Yes, Sebulr is accurate about the ZS-10 Pro. I was just listening to it for hours yesterday, for that kind of music, and would recommend it. It does get bright in those regions, though, and somewhat peaky (though not terribly so). There's a little fatigue, but it really brings out this kind of music successfully.

As I stated 10 times in the last 2-days, the ZSX is out now, so you might want to consider it over the ZS-10 Pro: ZSX is less steely, which is important in representing acoustic instruments, it might even be less peaky than the ZS-10 Pro. Overall SQ is probably 10% better. But ZS-10 Pro fit is easy, I can confirm.

Coincidentally, I also have a TRN BA5 and LZ A6 Mini on the way, but I bought them intending to use them as treble performers.

Dec 14, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #29,167 of 33,689
I second this. Getting the A6 Mini for around $70 is an absolute steal. I think it's on par with the BQEYZ Spring 1 (I actually like it better due to its tighter and better textured bass and the tuning being more to my preference), which is around twice the price and already a very impressive IEM in its price category and above.

Dec 14, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #29,168 of 33,689
Buying the tape from AE instead of Amazon : biggest 2019 chi-fi mistake.

Well I would've bought it from Amazon if the price different weren't so huge. Besides, AE has their own "15 day free return" policy, so I think I'm covered. If anything, I can just open a dispute and pray that AE will be on my side.

Dec 14, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #29,169 of 33,689
Hey, so I’m looking to upgrade from my KZ AS10’s to something with a little more balance and a better midrange and thicker highs. I also play electric guitar in a band and we use IEM’s live, and the AS10’s clip and distort when I put too many instruments in my ears, so I’m hoping to get something that handles that better.

I’m looking to stay under $400

Any advice would be great!

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #29,170 of 33,689
Hey, so I’m looking to upgrade from my KZ AS10’s to something with a little more balance and a better midrange and thicker highs. I also play electric guitar in a band and we use IEM’s live, and the AS10’s clip and distort when I put too many instruments in my ears, so I’m hoping to get something that handles that better.

I would recommend the Audiosense T800. 8 knowles BA, $298 USD. It has about 30 db isolation, i use it for stage monitoring as I'm next to a full kit drum and subwoofer amps to protect my hearing. Also great for general music listening, excellent details, clarity, instrument separation and imaging.

U shaped but mids are very clear and not too recessed. Treble is a bit bright if you are treble sensitive. But this can be tamed with knowles filters, tip or cable change.

Despite BA bass, it sounds like a DD bass with good subbass extension and quantity due to its vented subwoofer and tuning.

Maybe check out some reviews about it, it makes one hell of a good stage monitor and all rounder set.

Dec 15, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #29,171 of 33,689

I would recommend the Fearless S6RUI. It has a similar warmth in the lower mids as the AS10 with better separation, cleaner mids and superior treble timbre.

Dec 15, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #29,173 of 33,689
What's an affordable USB DAC/AMP for powering all this Chi-Fi stuff, up to and including the T800. I'm talking something you just plug into a computer, and then plug your IEM into.

Also related to your question lol

IT01S is made in china, isn't it? :)

I finished writing my in-depth review of the iBasso IT01S. The review also includes reviews of the Balanced 4.4mm CB12S Cable, CA04 2.5 to 4.4mm adapter and DC01 Type-C 384khz/32bit / DSD256 DAC/AMP. With IT01S priced at 200 USD, and everything else below it, this is a review that's going to be both about good products, but also about pocket-friendly stuff! :)

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2019/12/upgrading-classic-ibasso-it01s-iems-review.html

iBasso-IT-01S-IT01S-IEMs-Earphones-In-Ears-Graphene-Drivers-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-47.jpg

Dec 15, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #29,174 of 33,689
Dec 15, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #29,175 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back