Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 1, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #27,902 of 33,689
Yes, I can understand that. I'm just surprised that it still seemed to be so highly recommended a couple of months back. Obviously general public opinion is some way behind the curve.

People tend to overhype and circlejerk on a new thingie every month. The only sane and rational approach is to wait and see if it stands the test of time (like say the T2, various moondrop, or T800 do) and wait for prices drop before buying. There's so many things coming out, it's overwhelming and fearing of missing out doesn't lead anywhere.

Good luck in the jungle :D

Nov 1, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #27,903 of 33,689
Why bother with those 2? They are already released for quite some time and currently there are so many better options. But recently the good iems are towards harman / balanced one.

Better options? What would you recommend? I have my alliexpress wish list loaded up , I just can't decide. I also dont want to spend $300 on the audiosense t800

Nov 1, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #27,904 of 33,689
Better options? What would you recommend? I have my alliexpress wish list loaded up , I just can't decide. I also dont want to spend $300 on the audiosense t800

What is your signature preferences? From your options on DM6 and IT01s seems like youre after v shaped one?

You can consider Shuoer Tape, BQEYZ Spring 1, Moondrop KXXS, LZ A6 mini, TFZ no 3 etc all around $150 or below

Or you may add BLON BL-03 in your collections for only $30 ish

Nov 1, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #27,905 of 33,689
Yes, I can understand that. I'm just surprised that it still seemed to be so highly recommended a couple of months back. Obviously general public opinion is some way behind the curve.

It’s a known fact that time erodes the objective sound quality of audio hardware from the moment you unpack the box, requiring you to buy more gear. Today’s amazingly euphonic value earphone is tomorrow’s worthless drawer clutter.

Seriously, the ATE is a good value, and if you like it, continue using it, as others surely do. Discussion though will logically move on to releases from the current year. In 2021, people will be raving about the KZ ZS24 Pro Optima, and someone will ask why no one talks about the Blon BL03. The latter didn’t suddenly suck, it’s just that there will always be just around the bend a new hype train due to arrive at the station.

Nov 1, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #27,906 of 33,689
What is your signature preferences? From your options on DM6 and IT01s seems like youre after v shaped one?

You can consider Shuoer Tape, BQEYZ Spring 1, Moondrop KXXS, LZ A6 mini, TFZ no 3 etc all around $150 or below

Trn V90 is excellent v shape for cheap too. An easy recommendation for anyone's collection.

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #27,907 of 33,689
I would say that V9O are more W shaped, much improved in the mids compare to v80. I would nominate them for the Red Dot Design Award if I was sure they didn't copy it somewhere :) Definitely great choice for $ 33 on sale!

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #27,908 of 33,689
After spending few moments with Shozy Form 1.1 im tempted to say that they might be the best budget-Shozy up to date. :)

W961UYK.jpg

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #27,909 of 33,689
I dont have KXXS only Kanas Pro
Spring 1 vs Kanas Pro
(the Spring 1 after cloth mesh removal mod) :

-SUb bass depth they are both reaching bottom end, but Kanas Pro much more bigger and rumbles, with Spring 1 a bit overshadowed by Mid bass but texture wise Spring 1 much more well textured, decay I give to Spring 1 as their bass is more agile, bass notes really sounded nice on Spring 1. Details on bass (and overall frequencies) are much better on Spring 1.
Sub bass on Kanas Pro is bigger but mid bass is very low, while good, I feel the bass isn't complete and slow. Kick drums never felt complete. Meanwhile the Spring 1 have bigger mid bass than the Sub bass, so on kick drums, they hit lighter not so deep as a very good bass on very good IEM for example EX1000. I know im being picky about bass part but Spring 1 considered very good for the price (warning : before cloth mesh removed, they sounded bloated). Overall for bass I still prefer Spring 1 even their mid bass is a little big bigger but still very tolerable and doesn't bleed into mids, just giving a nice additional warmth and thickness.

-Mids on both are buttery smooth, but detail wise Spring 1 is way above the KP. And KP vocal sounded thin compared to Spring 1. While KP have very nice tonality and clarity, tonality wise they are about the same, very natural, but clarity wise Spring 1 better than KP but by not much (KP clarity is already superb for this class).

-High mids on KP more booster, especially around 3khz, making them sounded shouty on higher volumes, with very prominent female vocal overshadowing other frequencies. Spring 1 after cloth removal become more risky to shouty and sibilance, but still very smooth and not as shouty as KP, and me myself is a treble sensitive person.

-Trebles part the piezo really have benefit here. Details on Spring 1 trumps out KP.

-Overall resolution and dynamic I prefer on Spring 1 too

-Detail retrieval : KP is very good student, and Spring 1 is the Guru. I'm not kidding.

-Soundstage although KP considered wide, Spring 1 is larger with more better imaging.

-Separation also sounds better in Spring 1

-Spring 1 is a bit harder to drive than KP

-Isolation is better in KP than Spring 1, but Spring 1 feels more airy, its about preferences, but if you're going to use in busy noisy environment, you may take notice about this. Sounds still will be heard, but sub bass part you have to focus while listening.

So at street price of $139 vs $170, I dont have to think that much even I love my KP

So, basically Spring1 modded > KPE?
Wish You could throw in some graphs to catch the context better.
I might go after Spring1 since you "hype" it with mods (I love modding :) ) but wish to see more graphs as I`m starting to finally get really good grasp what kind of FR suits my taste.

Nov 1, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #27,910 of 33,689

I thought IT01s was fairly balanced? I hate v shaped for the most part...at least i hate a muddy bass and overpowered midbass with an unnatural treble. I have a pair of 1more dual drivers, the bass is all over the place...i need to EQ it down. My main IEM was the knockoff shure SE 846's.. (EE846) i had them for 4 years until i forgot them on a flight :frowning2:. They also had 5 BA drivers, they did lack bass in general though, sub bass did not dig very deep either.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #27,911 of 33,689
I thought IT01s was fairly balanced? I hate v shaped for the most part...at least i hate a muddy bass and overpowered midbass with an unnatural treble.

I think many find the the IT01 more L-shaped than v-shaped. The bass is not muddy IMO, it’s quite nice and the IT01 is a good all-rounder. I’ve been cycling through all my IEMs lately (not that I have that many) doing comparisons and experimenting with tips, and the IT01 holds up really well as a coherent generalist. The only weak point I think is a slightly grainy(?) treble. It’s not overemphasized though.

But if what you’re looking for is a very neutral balanced tuning the IT01 probably is not that.

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #27,912 of 33,689
Lets be clear - which version you two are acutally talking about? IT01 or IT01s ?
Regular IT01 is clear V-shape signature and s version should be also.
Compared to KPE and BL-03 - regular IT01 is very clear V-shape and bass dominates overall FR.
IMHO, BL-03 and modded BIE are better than regular unmodded IT01.
YMMV

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #27,913 of 33,689
ops - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/****-mt200.24019/reviews

That's gotta be one of the worst reviews I've ever read in here. Language is not exactly easy to read, some of the things he says doesn't make any sense at all and it feels more like a commercial than a review.

On top of all that the brand is banned in here (unfortunately imo) as far as I know....

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #27,914 of 33,689
On top of all that the brand is banned in here (unfortunately imo) as far as I know....

That's a really unfortunate thing. That brand do a lot of good work and it would be nice to have more opinions from the community. It's a shame they resorted to getting people to shill when the products seem good enough to sell themselves. Hopefully one day the powers that be will consider their position (even on a probationary level)...

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #27,915 of 33,689
the original 1 is great for the price, they have details and sounds airy because of semi open back but tonality is very very wrong. If they can fix the tonality and add more sub bass, lower the mid bass bleed by little bit, even at twice the price of original one I will buy them. They are going head to head with blon bl-03 at current price

I respectfully disagree with you about the original sounding wrong, for me it's a better performer than the BL-03.

Also because something is newer doesn't mean it's better in my experience. Most of the time when I bring out my older gear I'm pleasantly surprised how well the hold up compared to todays flave of the month. I think it's easier to pick something good sounding today though as the longer between the lemons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back