Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 4, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #27,136 of 33,689
You're talking about cables, right? How were you able to hear such differences for separation and spaciousness? Are you a wizard or what? Never ever could not find such difference.

As I said it is very subjective. But if you cannot hear differences maybe others can. People have different sensitivities. As for a Wizard, go tell someone healed of a serious illness by a Shaman it's just 'Wizardry'.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #27,137 of 33,689
As I said it is very subjective. But if you cannot hear differnces maybe others can. People have different sensitivities. As for a Wizard, go tell someone healed of a serious illness by a Shaman it's just 'Wizardry'.

It's called Placebo effect, lol. Healed by serious illness by a shaman - coincidence.

Don't want to argue, believe in whatever you want, man. If that makes you happy.

Oct 4, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #27,138 of 33,689
It's called Placebo effect, lol. Healed by serious illness by a shaman - coincidence.

Don't want to argue, believe in whatever you want, man. If that makes you happy.

I feel for you. We live in different worlds.

Oct 4, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #27,139 of 33,689
I suspect the bigger difference in this particular case may be balanced Vs single ended.

I have had cases where cables make a difference - for example stock interconnects and bellwire are absolutely rubbish in a hifi system and swapping them out WILL bring an improvement. I've had the same effect in a couple of cases with IEMs where the stock cable was so bad as to render the IEM virtually unlistenable (though my Semkarch cable was definitely faulty). I'm not however convinced that I'd be able to tell the difference swapping and changing between aftermarket cables. Certainly in a hifi system I can hear the difference between a stock interconnect and a £20 one, but not a £20 and a £200 one.

Oct 4, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #27,140 of 33,689
Straight out of the box mine were rubbish too. Changed cable and tip, let them burn in a few hours and definitely some magic. Hope yours open up as others have had. Good luck.
Is there an upgrade cable for the Blon that doesn't cost more than the unit itself? Have a BL-03 on the way! :)

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #27,141 of 33,689
Is there an upgrade cable for the Blon that doesn't cost more than the unit itself? Have a BL-03 on the way! :)

I generically use a two pin .78mm ISN audio, balanced, S16 cable, that I swap around with different IEM's and Buds. I got it from penon. I did get a really nice 16 core cable from Nicehck though. I do like Nicehck cables and buds. It's subjective...but to me cables make a difference.

Oct 4, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #27,142 of 33,689

It's the belief that makes things happen, my friend.

Oct 4, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #27,143 of 33,689
I generically use a two pin .78mm ISN audio, balanced, S16 cable, that I swap around with different IEM's and Buds. I got it from penon. I did get a really nice 16 core cable from Nicehck though. I do like Nicehck cables and buds. It's subjective...but to me cables make a difference.
I believe they do...and lo, for me they do too.

Oct 4, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #27,144 of 33,689
If anyone's looking for a cable with the specific square-qdc-type plug, that would fit the Blon 03, there's a wide selection available at the Nicehck store on Ali. They do cost more than the IEMs, though.
Just type "NX7 QDC CABLE" in the AliExpress browser.

do cables that work with KZ Zs10Pro work with the blon 03?

I'm still waiting for my Blons to arrive, so I can't put the QDC cable on it, but looking at the shape of the plug my guess is no. ZS10 Pro uses a more cylindrical plug, while the plugs on the 03 are rectangular shaped.
That's why I wrote about the cable being available at Nicehck.

Nicehck NX7-style connectors fit the Blon BL-03, but leave a little bit of plastic showing. QDC/KZ C-type connectors do not.

Oct 4, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #27,146 of 33,689

In meditation one can train the mind to notice the most subtle of mental and physical arisings. Even of a sound through a cable. To notice subtle differences is not unusual. We are all different. I remember hearing a piece of music, a recording of a young Yehudi Menuhin, of Elgar's violin concerto recorded in 1932 (I think). It made it clear how with training how astonishing our capabilities can become. It's training in noticing subtle things, like in meditation.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #27,147 of 33,689
I'm using a TRN T2 with .78 termination on my Blon. Only just got it so can't comment on sound. It fits great but leaves the plastic showing. Definitely doesn't sound any worse than the standard cable and I really don't think I'll bother swapping cables to do a comparitive.

In other news my CCA C12 is now here. First impressions (using a phone as a source, no amp or DAC, stock cables and stock tips as on the IEM in the box) is that it's good. Less steely and horrible than the ZS10 for sure. A bit lacking in bass compared to the BL-03. Timbre is close enough to be acceptable. Loads of detail. I bought it to be different to the Blon, not better. And it seems to fulfil that task well. I definitely think it is towards the upper end of the IEMs I own.

Oct 4, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #27,148 of 33,689

I have been vocal about burn-in and cables and not believing however...

nihms-990713-f0001.jpg

This is from U.S. National Institute of Health site.

Placebo, power of suggestion and influence is real. This is pain sufferers. Imagine how easy it is to repeat the uttering of a reviewer that "A" sucks or "B" is awesome...and folks believe it....so it is.
And since perception is reality, it will likely suck or be awesome cuz....someone said so. Doctors to patients. Reviewers to buyers

Oct 4, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #27,149 of 33,689
In meditation one can train the mind to notice the most subtle of mental and physical arisings. Even of a sound through a cable. To notice subtle differences is not unusual. We are all different. I remember hearing a piece of music, a recording of a young Yehudi Menuhin, of Elgar's violin concerto recorded in 1932 (I think). It made it clear how with training how astonishing our capabilities can become. It's training in noticing subtle things, like in meditation.
I often come back to the same music, the same iem, cable and all, and the sound can appear different to last time. I think mood and expectation have their role to play in influencing our senses and how we process and interpret the sounds. People can put things like this down as placebo effect, but it doesn't make it any less real...

Oct 4, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #27,150 of 33,689
I didn't believe in burn in at all. Then one day my hitherto acceptable AKG K702 suddenly started sounding amazing. I still make no effort to burn in for a set period of time before listening or anything like that but I do try to at least get some listening in before dismissing a headphone as cack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back