Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 10, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #25,339 of 33,689
I'm happy got my Rose Mini 6 Pro's today (replacing the Rose Mini 6). They now have a reinforced nozzle.

20190810_132845[1].jpg

Aug 10, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #25,340 of 33,689
So: Any ideas for a neutral IEM that has significantly better isolation? I'm mostly looking at the Shure lookalikes, since isolation with the SE215/315/425/535 were always fantastic every time I used them (before I discovered ChiFi a week or two ago I was about to buy an SE535).

Any other suggestions for neutral Chi-Fi IEMs with good over-the-ear comfort, a low profile inside the ear and good isolation?

For on-stage and isolation, all-BA is a good bet. CCA C10 is indeed pretty neutral and good for mids. You could also do a lot worse than the AS10 (though a bit bulky) or the BGVP DM6.

Aug 10, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #25,341 of 33,689
For on-stage and isolation, all-BA is a good bet. CCA C10 is indeed pretty neutral and good for mids. You could also do a lot worse than the AS10 (though a bit bulky) or the BGVP DM6.
C10 is far from neutral but more power to you if it floats your boat.

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #25,342 of 33,689
C10 is far from neutral but more power to you if it floats your boat.

To my ears the C10 is not the boomy bass V signature that is so typical from KZ and its sister company; thank you so much for supporting my boat-floating!

Aug 10, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #25,344 of 33,689
C10 has pretty colored sound to me but its not necessarily a bad thing, definitely more balanced sounding than many others. It doesnt always have to be flat-out-flat.

Have anyone bought Tanchjim Blues yet? I decided to take a risk and ordered them today, there is no single review available yet... Tanchjims budget in-ears seem to be on the dark and bassy side but model name "Blues" suggests more balanced sound signature. It would be interesting to hear thoughts about them.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #25,345 of 33,689
C10 has pretty colored sound signature to me but its not necessarily a bad thing, definitely more balanced sounding than many others. It doesnt always have to be flat-out-flat.

Have anyone bought Tanchjim Blues yet? I decided to take a risk and ordered them today, there is no single review available yet... It would be interesting to hear thoughts about them.
Never said the C10 sounds bad. But I really dislike people spreading misinformation around. The C10 might have a 'balanced' sound but it is so far from 'neutral' it's not even funny.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #25,347 of 33,689
Never said the C10 sounds bad. But I really dislike people spreading misinformation around. The C10 might have a 'balanced' sound but it is so far from 'neutral' it's not even funny.

Yeah I got it. Maybe C10 is more neutral than what SoundChoice is used to hear. People are coming from different in-ears/headphones and have different amount of experience of them and you cant really always know what someone exactly means with the word. :p I agree that its misleading for people.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #25,348 of 33,689
@1clearhead do you know if the magaosi dq4 are easy to drive from weak sources? its stated that its 50 ohms .. can you verify that? are they hard to drive?
Even though they state 50 ohms, I can honestly say that they are easy to drive! I've tried them on my DAC, MP3 player, digital and analog AMP's, and my phone and they can easily sound loud and clear with very little effort to volume. Personally, with the premium sound and features, including the built in selective tuning modes, they are my personal best!

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #25,349 of 33,689
Have anyone bought Tanchjim Blues yet? I decided to take a risk and ordered them today, there is no single review available yet... Tanchjims budget in-ears seem to be on the dark and bassy side but model name "Blues" suggests more balanced sound signature. It would be interesting to hear thoughts about them.

There are some impressions on Twitter by Asian users. Apparently, it's tuned for blues music hence the name. A bit unfortunate that they don't put a detachable option for their budget lineup, it seems to be really good.

Btw, checking their twitter there's a CIEM Oxygen option and a weeb special edition now:

lol

Aug 10, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #25,350 of 33,689
There are some impressions on Twitter by Asian users.

Could you link them? I guess they need to be (Google) translated though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back