Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 19, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #23,162 of 33,689
Auglamour is preparing another flagship for the early 2018, RT-3. Apparently tuning is finished and it is a multi driver, probably a hybrid like RT-1 with additional BA driver or something along those lines.

9e44865bly1fl01x9sxyaj20qo0qo0y3.jpg
It took a while but seems like they have been turned into this https://penonaudio.com/auglamour-rt-3.html. It’s a hybrid and the BA is a Knowles BA.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #23,168 of 33,689
@DocHoliday do you know if they are responsive to eq? and do they have big soundstage? what do you think?

they respond well to EQ but not super sensitive, and yes above average soundstage on their class with superb imaging that better than their competitors

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #23,169 of 33,689
One of my favourite albums.

With earphones that have nice mids, J Mascis' guitar sings.

My favorite Album from him. Track 2 is an all time favorite track.

Anyway. The Sony NW-A45 is not a great pairing. **** is just ok here. 30mw @16ohm doesn't push anything here. On my Cayin N5, which is 235mw @32 there is quite a lot of synergy. Bass is deep, fast and high quality. Piezo wakes up quite a bit and puts a good bite into the top end. Whole spectrum is fast and snappy. I feel like manufacturer possibly made a deal with Satan as these things are ridiculously good when paired with a powerful source.

Apr 20, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #23,170 of 33,689
hey, I really love that you really, really like your CCA C16s. Its great that you enjoy the AS10s as a casual pair of IEMs. but I own a pair of KZ AS10s. I couldn't stand the weird treble resonance happening inside the IEMs, so I pulled out the grills and voila, they were instantly singing far and wide. And so I switch back and forth between them as the KZs were a gift from my beloved wife. For the past three days, I couldn't seem to be bothered to locate the Moondrop Kanas Pros I so-dearly love but hate sometime. So I spend the 3 days with the AS10s. I run my audio out of an LG G7 One with UAPP's Bit Perfect and MQA decoder (Hence Tidal MQA unfolds are 4x. 44.1k tracks get output as 176.4k, lol) and I am kind of okay with the way AS10s sound, y'know? They're fine and the imaging is pretty sweet.

Today I decide to take the Kanas Pros to work and I JUST COULDN'T wait to listen to them when I had the chance. That's because the sound was improved from every single aspect. Maybe the soundstage wasn't as wide, but the depth combined with the imaging was very, very good. And then after paying a little bit of attention I start to notice the puny little details that got lost when I was listening to the AS10s. End result? I take back the Kanas Pro as my faithful servant, and I don't plan on looking back.

Okay, maybe I'll look forward to better IEMs!!! Maybe the FH5s or even Moondrop flagships. Don't look at me funny!!!

My point being, of course you'll find your ceiling. But here's the magic spell that will break your peace : "Your gears have a better counterpart hundreds of dollars away. " and that'll ruin everything.
If I say .. your earphones are imbalanced!!

But hey, if you decide to seek the ultimate nirvana, the only advice I could offer you is, don't buy into the snake-oil hype that targets people who don't know any better. Be the well aware consumer, and spend that money behind a proper TOTL. That's why I stay up nights, with my perfect earphones in my ears and keep researching awesome new tech for my next upgrade. I think this is one of the important parts of this hobby, as frustrating as it may be. But it keeps me happy, just like your listening experience keeps YOU happy, man. :)
It would be astonishing if the $50'ish KZ AS10 would come out ahead of the $160'ish KPE, that most people love. I have the former, but not the latter and really like my AS10. You helped me by confirming that I had also removed the grilles on them. Someone here recommended that and I must have done it soon after I got them. I later tried to find a picture of a stock AS10 with the grills to confirm that I had removed them, but with no luck.

I just upgraded my AS10 with a balanced NiceHCK cable to use with my Pioneer XDP-30R. To my ears that was a clear upgrade in sound.

Apr 20, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #23,171 of 33,689
Several pics of Tanchjim Oxygen with Tanchjim Oxygen Upgrade Cable

My personal best IEMs have got upgraded with the appropriate native cable by Tanchjim. Not that didn't like the audio with the stock one... It is just that I wanted the best for my favorite IEMs, especially the durability and build quality: thick and twisted 4 shares 5N single crystal copper wire in soft nylon braid, very durable 2pin, 0.78mm connectors and 3.5mm jack in aluminum housings. No mic effect. This would last long... Sound quality improvement is also here if your ears are trained enough to spot the changes.

Review of Tanchjim Oxygen was HERE Long time passed, many IEMs reviewed but I still like Oxygens

_DSC1270.jpg _DSC1280.jpg _DSC1288.jpg _DSC1289.jpg

Apr 20, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #23,172 of 33,689
Several pics of Tanchjim Oxygen with Tanchjim Oxygen Upgrade Cable

My personal best IEMs have got upgraded with the appropriate native cable by Tanchjim. Not that didn't like the audio with the stock one... It is just that I wanted the best for my favorite IEMs, especially the durability and build quality: thick and twisted 4 shares 5N single crystal copper wire in soft nylon braid, very durable 2pin, 0.78mm connectors and 3.5mm jack in aluminum housings. No mic effect. This would last long... Sound quality improvement is also here if your ears are trained enough to spot the changes.

Review of Tanchjim Oxygen was HERE Long time passed, many IEMs reviewed but I still like Oxygens

I for one don't much like the Oxygen stock cable as I find it too thin and tangle prone after the separator.

Apr 20, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #23,174 of 33,689
I for one don't much like the Oxygen stock cable as I find it too thin and tangle prone after the separator.

yep, this upgrade cable is much better. at least it matches the build quality of IEMs. Soundwise - very personal and I am not going to persuade that it is much better. Someone might hear the difference and someone might not...

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #23,175 of 33,689
yep, this upgrade cable is much better. at least it matches the build quality of IEMs. Soundwise - very personal and I am not going to persuade that it is much better. Someone might hear the difference and someone might not...

I find it a bit pricey tbh, I think I am just going to use the Lyre cable from my spare Kanas Pro (I have two of those) on the Oxygen as I am getting fed up with the tangling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back