Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 5, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #21,811 of 33,692
The CCA C16...I have never heard anything like it. The notes are so thick and defined (especially on well recorded sparser recordings). Little bells, vocal clarity and nuance, the sound of the room, intangibles like being able to identify guitar amps that are being used. Orchestral music, violin tone and strength. In a quiet room and really listening, just amazing.
Is it the 8 driver per side? There is something to it, I will say. Like using a twin or 4x guitar cab vs. a 1x , the notes have girth and focus and weight. The C16 sounds nothing like the iems I've recently bought (DM6, Whizzer Kylin, Kanas Pro) all of which are enjoyable and all of which I would consider, in some some ways, different but equal. This one is kind of blowing my mind right now.
It didn't start out that way, as a caution. It started out like a mid/high juggernaut. So much focused energy in those regions with some sibilance. Thankfully, they calmed down a bit and shows more bass presence and no more sibilant notes. I'm excited to see where it goes from here. I'm about 40 hrs. in....

So they are on par with DMG? isnt that DMG also bright and treble boosted? how about its clarity compared to DMG / kanas pro and the soundstage. So at their price, you can say its better value then? this is interesting, and tin audio t3 coming up soon

Feb 5, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #21,812 of 33,692
The CCA C16...I have never heard anything like it. The notes are so thick and defined (especially on well recorded sparser recordings). Little bells, vocal clarity and nuance, the sound of the room, intangibles like being able to identify guitar amps that are being used. Orchestral music, violin tone and strength. In a quiet room and really listening, just amazing.
Is it the 8 driver per side? There is something to it, I will say. Like using a twin or 4x guitar cab vs. a 1x , the notes have girth and focus and weight. The C16 sounds nothing like the iems I've recently bought (DM6, Whizzer Kylin, Kanas Pro) all of which are enjoyable and all of which I would consider, in some some ways, different but equal. This one is kind of blowing my mind right now.
It didn't start out that way, as a caution. It started out like a mid/high juggernaut. So much focused energy in those regions with some sibilance. Thankfully, they calmed down a bit and shows more bass presence and no more sibilant notes. I'm excited to see where it goes from here. I'm about 40 hrs. in....
This is interesting. How does it react to amping?
If this is not sibilant and overly bright signature, could be real step-up-gamer along with soon released Tin T3.

Feb 5, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #21,813 of 33,692
seeing how i loved the T2 (shame about the "uncooked" treble... otherwise i would hold on to it forever), the T3 sounds promising. i might swipe one up if it's released

Feb 5, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #21,814 of 33,692
seeing how i loved the T2 (shame about the "uncooked" treble... otherwise i would hold on to it forever), the T3 sounds promising. i might swipe one up if it's released
A little birdy told me it's dropping on the 11th :wink:

Feb 5, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #21,815 of 33,692
Yeah I went a bit nuts and ordered another 5 pair after my initial 3 pair were so good incase they stop making them.

Also ordered some mmcx connectors so will try to mod them.

Please provide some instructions with photos when you get around to adding MMCX connectors.
I would love to recable the MH755 and unfortunately no idea where to begin. I bought these in particular to use as pick and go with BTR3 Bluetooth receiver because of short cable. If I can recable them
to standard length with MMCX than they will have more scope.

My pair arrived today and the Numbers match up if that is any real indication of being genuine. Seller accepts returns and gives warranty which is also a good indicator.
eBay link is :

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/202218346275

Initial impressions indicate they have very nice warm likeable audio signature. Bass was strong for my liking and so I have left them to burn in 24hrs before checking again.

C3D3C9DD-0E9A-4EB0-B435-0A14CA165583.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #21,816 of 33,692
Looks like CCA C16 hype is slowly following C10's footstep. Guess it's probably a matter of time before i'll get it.
So far, driver numbers aside, the descriptions the C10 and C16 get remind me of the ZSN all the time. Not very willing to spend 110 dollar to compare them all, so if somebody has all three of them... :p

Feb 5, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #21,817 of 33,692
Please provide some instructions with photos when you get around to adding MMCX connectors.
I would love to recable the MH755 and unfortunately no idea where to begin. I bought these in particular to use as pick and go with BTR3 Bluetooth receiver because of short cable. If I can recable them

My pair arrived today and the Numbers match up if that is any real indication of being genuine. Seller accepts returns and gives warranty which is also a good indicator.
eBay link is :

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/202218346275

Initial impressions indicate they have very nice warm likeable audio signature. Bass was strong for my liking and so I have left them to burn in 24hrs before checking again.

I think this one's from reddit. I forgot where exactly, but I downloaded it for future reference. Credit to the owner, of course.

9io6eEy.png

Feb 5, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #21,818 of 33,692

eBay link is :

Yeah, that's where I got my pair as well. Although they're not my cup of tea (too warm and too much midbass) I'm quite sure they're genuine and I still find them good for their price. That being said already at $17 the ZSN perform on a totally different level imo (I'd easily also pick the ED9 over them but that's more due to personal preference).

I honestly don't see the Sony's getting much usage from me but like I said, still nice for their low cost.

Feb 5, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #21,819 of 33,692
Finally, some information on the Pioneer CH3, I saw a few mentions of it...I thought @B9Scrambler was going to review them at some point. That is interesting, it's like a reverse midrange hump compared to lots of chi-fi offerings. Any more details on it or do I need to wait for your blog to take root?

I'm still planning to review them but gear I've purchased for review is a secondary priority. Have a number of partially written reviews done up waiting to be completed for stuff like the CH3, Skullcandy Jib 2, A-Audio Legacy, EM-I CI880, and the VSonic VSD3P. Also want to cover the Audiofly AF120, Macaw RT-10 (which I think has been criminally overlooked), and the ADV S2000.

Time and inspiration to write are the major limiting factors. Tried writing scaled down reviews so I could get them out, but was never really happy with the results so I scrapped them. If enough people actually want to read about the CH3 I'll dig back into the review, but interest seems relatively low for a cheap micro-driver iem with a fixed cable from a well-known brand.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #21,820 of 33,692
Yeah, that's where I got my pair as well. Although they're not my cup of tea (too warm and too much midbass) I'm quite sure they're genuine and I still find them good for their price. That being said already at $17 the ZSN perform on a totally different level imo (I'd easily also pick the ED9 over them but that's more due to personal preference).

I honestly don't see the Sony's getting much usage from me but like I said, still nice for their low cost.
I get the hype for these Sony's all of a sudden - I mean; Clavinetjunkie is a trend setter appearantly - but I'd rather have the total package with good cables and wearing comfort too. Thus I like the KZ ATE - which sounds to me like a Sony MH1c with boosted bass - way better than the MH1C itsself with its terrible cable.

Feb 5, 2019 at 9:04 AM Post #21,821 of 33,692
I get the hype for these Sony's all of a sudden - I mean; Clavinetjunkie is a trend setter appearantly - but I'd rather have the total package with good cables and wearing comfort too. Thus I like the KZ ATE - which sounds to me like a Sony MH1c with boosted bass - way better than the MH1C itsself with its terrible cable.
Yeah, I`m also thinking same but will reply when I get my MH755. I still think ATE for about 8$ (occasionally 4$) is best money I have spent in low-budget hi-fi, ever.

HTB1ng7JaDHuK1RkSndVq6xVwpXal.jpg

I wonder how true that FR graph is. If it is true, then 3 - 4kHz seems too much raised and that what probably gives them "wow" effect but will probably cause fatigue.

Feb 5, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #21,823 of 33,692
I'm still planning to review them but gear I've purchased for review is a secondary priority. Have a number of partially written reviews done up waiting to be completed for stuff like the CH3, Skullcandy Jib 2, A-Audio Legacy, EM-I CI880, and the VSonic VSD3P. Also want to cover the Audiofly AF180, Macaw RT-10 (which I think has been criminally overlooked), and the ADV S2000.

Time and inspiration to write are the major limiting factors. Tried writing scaled down reviews so I could get them out, but was never really happy with the results so I scrapped them. If enough people actually want to read about the CH3 I'll dig back into the review, but interest seems relatively low for a cheap micro-driver iem with a fixed cable from a well-known brand.

I kind of feel the same way about the $40 Macaw GT600S that ran on Massdrop, IMHO they can keep up with pretty much anything else I've heard in this segment and maybe even a little richer:wink: For a 1 + 1 Hybie I think it's a great little unit for it's price, lovely sound, well balanced, nice cable and build is also great along with filter options this little gem goes a long way for $40:grin:

Macaw GT600S.JPG

My take on the MH755 is they would make great Christmas or any gift giving occasion where one wants to turn friends and loved ones onto better sound from whatever device they may listen to their music on:thumbsup:

Feb 5, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #21,824 of 33,692
Yeah, I`m also thinking same but will reply when I get my MH755. I still think ATE for about 8$ (occasionally 4$) is best money I have spent in low-budget hi-fi, ever.

HTB1ng7JaDHuK1RkSndVq6xVwpXal.jpg

I wonder how true that FR graph is. If it is true, then 3 - 4kHz seems too much raised and that what probably gives them "wow" effect but will probably cause fatigue.
I already ordered c16, but after I see that graph I am asking myself what have I done:frowning2:

Feb 5, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #21,825 of 33,692
The HSE-A2000 from Japan. $30-40 shipped (I paid $51 CAD). A highly moddable single DD.
OOTB it has a dry, punchy bass, and a natural timbre (hard to achieve with BAs), but it is overly bright with a piercing treble.

box.jpg HSE A2000.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back