Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 4, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #21,796 of 33,689
Coming soon…but man is Wordpress a cumbersome affair…

Disclaimer: I won't be reviewing/writing stuff as ToasterBob342, Bangstergride, or Otto Motor...no, it will be under my real name: Jürgen Kraus ("JK"). The blog will also offer information on modding, sound science, measurements, subversive stuff, etc.). And I will ask for return envelopes...wonder whether any respectable company can afford a review without a free "sample" :) -- and I even measure their stuff for free!

That`s cool!
Do You take in modded IEMs? For example like my IT01 ? :D

Feb 4, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #21,797 of 33,689
Finally, done the review of both: Hidizs Mermaid MS4 and MS1 IEMs.
Just to remind: both would be started on KS campaign soon and both would have the same connectivity options like 3.5mm cable, 2.5mm/4.4mm balanced cable, USB DAC cable, bluetooth 5.0 cable. Prices are already listed there and seem to be quite a bargain during the campaign.

Thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hid...ew-approach-to-iems-and-compatibility.898917/

Review:

My website: https://wp.me/P7aCJQ-4Xo
MS4 on HeadFi: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hidizs-mermaid-ms4.23564/reviews
MS1 on HEadFi: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hidizs-mermaid-ms1.23565/reviews

_DSC9879.jpg

Feb 4, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #21,798 of 33,689
I wonder if the 300 ish bucks 12BAs nicehck fr12, nicehck nk10, ctz are indeed a safe bet.

We have the moondrop blessing for 350$ on last sale, and more importantly, the new JVC FD-01 with almost the same FR graph of sony ex1000 is said to be a great benchmark for people who tried it.

Feb 4, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #21,799 of 33,689
Now... Talking about the new brand that showed up at linsoul and the Hawaiian crazy guy channel. Fearless audio, it intrigued me because of some things...

First, the exact same cable as my moondrop kanas, wich is a brand that have been reaching fastly a good reputation and, at least to me, seems like something different in the mkt.

Exact same cable as moondrop kanas and blessing.
SmartSelect_20190204-170714_Samsung Internet.jpg

Now, look at the internals and the attention to detail.

Here we see S4 - the model, written on the BA - and a dumpening filter on the tube
SmartSelect_20190204-170823_Samsung Internet.jpg
SmartSelect_20190204-170733_Samsung Internet.jpg

Here you see "s6 rui" written on the BA of the 6 ba model

SmartSelect_20190204-171546_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 way crossover and Sonion and knowles BAs

Well... Let's watch out.

Edit: Found the website, it's nice but it's Japanese or Chinese.

http://www.fearlessaudio.com/Intro.aspx?bid=162

Here are a brief description of the models.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #21,800 of 33,689
I wonder if the 300 ish bucks 12BAs nicehck fr12, nicehck nk10, ctz are indeed a safe bet.

We have the moondrop blessing for 350$ on last sale, and more importantly, the new JVC FD-01 with almost the same FR graph of sony ex1000 is said to be a great benchmark for people who tried it.
what is good about the sony ex1000 graph?

Feb 4, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #21,801 of 33,689
what is good about the sony ex1000 graph?

It's not because you don't like the sonys that the statement lose it's value, the ex1000 is a common place for benchmarking.

I am just passing a information about one new iem from a trustable brand with a lot of backup of people who tried it And thinking with myself the risks of going blindly on whatever other option.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #21,802 of 33,689
Feb 4, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #21,805 of 33,689
Sure, but as you say, your statement applies to higher-quality drivers. I was talking of low-quality drivers.

But then again, a good earphone is one that reproduces sound accurately and naturally...which is independent of preference...any colouring will taint a natural sound such as produced by a symphony orchestra. If one needs a different earphone for each genre, then marketing has worked...

Here my latest Japanese earphone...and a good one...without a pronounced upper-midrange hump (see also JVC FD01).

LehNTYim.jpg

Finally, some information on the Pioneer CH3, I saw a few mentions of it...I thought @B9Scrambler was going to review them at some point. That is interesting, it's like a reverse midrange hump compared to lots of chi-fi offerings. Any more details on it or do I need to wait for your blog to take root?

Feb 5, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #21,806 of 33,689
Feb 5, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #21,808 of 33,689
The CCA C16...I have never heard anything like it. The notes are so thick and defined (especially on well recorded sparser recordings). Little bells, vocal clarity and nuance, the sound of the room, intangibles like being able to identify guitar amps that are being used. Orchestral music, violin tone and strength. In a quiet room and really listening, just amazing.
Is it the 8 driver per side? There is something to it, I will say. Like using a twin or 4x guitar cab vs. a 1x , the notes have girth and focus and weight. The C16 sounds nothing like the iems I've recently bought (DM6, Whizzer Kylin, Kanas Pro) all of which are enjoyable and all of which I would consider, in some some ways, different but equal. This one is kind of blowing my mind right now.
It didn't start out that way, as a caution. It started out like a mid/high juggernaut. So much focused energy in those regions with some sibilance. Thankfully, they calmed down a bit and shows more bass presence and no more sibilant notes. I'm excited to see where it goes from here. I'm about 40 hrs. in....

Feb 5, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #21,809 of 33,689
The CCA C16...I have never heard anything like it. The notes are so thick and defined (especially on well recorded sparser recordings). Little bells, vocal clarity and nuance, the sound of the room, intangibles like being able to identify guitar amps that are being used. Orchestral music, violin tone and strength. In a quiet room and really listening, just amazing.
Is it the 8 driver per side? There is something to it, I will say. Like using a twin or 4x guitar cab vs. a 1x , the notes have girth and focus and weight. The C16 sounds nothing like the iems I've recently bought (DM6, Whizzer Kylin, Kanas Pro) all of which are enjoyable and all of which I would consider, in some some ways, different but equal. This one is kind of blowing my mind right now.
It didn't start out that way, as a caution. It started out like a mid/high juggernaut. So much focused energy in those regions with some sibilance. Thankfully, they calmed down a bit and shows more bass presence and no more sibilant notes. I'm excited to see where it goes from here. I'm about 40 hrs. in....
I am receiving my CCA C16 soon (C10 as well). I am so hyped because of your comment) We'll see if we match in our impressions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back