Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 13, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #21,271 of 33,689
I'm not sure this is the right place for this question, but here goes anyway.
I'm looking for a neckband bluetooth IEM with a good microphone for use in my car (with only one ear plugged in) primarily for phone calls. My car's bluetooth is terrible and constantly dropping connections. Does anyone know of better price/performance earphones for this purpose than the Meizu EP52? I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks.

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #21,272 of 33,689
I'm not sure this is the right place for this question, but here goes anyway.
I'm looking for a neckband bluetooth IEM with a good microphone for use in my car (with only one ear plugged in) primarily for phone calls. My car's bluetooth is terrible and constantly dropping connections. Does anyone know of better price/performance earphones for this purpose than the Meizu EP52? I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks.
How about getting a decent bluetooth adapter and connect it to car stereo's AUX input instead? I personally don't want to cover my ears when driving.

Jan 14, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #21,274 of 33,689
How about getting a decent bluetooth adapter and connect it to car stereo's AUX input instead? I personally don't want to cover my ears when driving.
I think driving with IEMs covering up the sounds around you would be dangerous. Earbuds should do the trick too. Buying a better Bluetooth adapter is a great solution too, cheap ones can be better than integrated stuff.

Jan 14, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #21,275 of 33,689
A cheap pair of earphones with mics can be enough
For example the earphones that are bundled with your phone can be easily a good mate for car calls
Don't wear IEMs moreover if they have a closed back design, that could be very dangerous

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #21,276 of 33,689
Well... so I reported earlier on the TRN BT20, and it's sound quality (good) and fit with the TRN V80 (very poor) and BQEYEZ BQ3 (very good)... but I actually, besides brief testing, had never actually used them in a real world situation.

I used them this morning for the first time and for 40 minutes of my workout, they were great, and I was very pleased.

Then suddenly, I heard a beep and it turned off or unpaired (can't remember which now, sadly). No amount of powering off and powering back on both earpieces got both of them working, sadly. The right earpiece sometimes would work and had mono (right-side) audio, but the left would repeatedly say "pairing" and then play some sad tones (probably pairing failure) and needless to say, I was quite annoyed since I'm in the middle of sweating on the elliptical machine, lol. I finally gave up and just finished my workout with the earpieces randomly powering on and off and saying "pairing" and making those sad tones.

So... this is the second TRN Bluetooth device I've had that has had quality problems (the TRN BT10 came out of the box with a background squeal before making it through 2 workouts then completely turning into a static-producing, non-working pile of trash), so I've been burned twice and definitely will not be buying any more TRN Bluetooth devices. The TRN V80 itself, however, I love! They just don't know how to make reliable, working Bluetooth devices. :frowning2:

I've opened a dispute on AliExpress but I fully expect to get nothing for it since I didn't upload any evidence because I frankly don't find it worth my time to try to reproduce the problem as they are sitting in my gym bag probably still blinking, in my car, and the garage here at the office is far away. I just want to be able to leave a 1-star review and I can't do that until I "confirm received" (confirming they are GOOD, which they are not) or opening a dispute.

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #21,278 of 33,689
You can try resetting the pair.

Press the button on both for 15 seconds. Then power off. Then restart / re-pair as per normal.

I may try that later, but frankly, that’s a lot of hassle given I don’t even have pairing instructions to begin with (they didn’t come with pairing instructions), so “pairing as normal” has no meaning to me. I literally lucked into somehow pairing them and have no idea how they paired in the first place.

Secondly, I honestly won’t be using them in the future anyway because the only reason I ever even find any advantage to “true wireless” is for workouts, and I am not going to interrupt a high intensity workout to go through all that process.

I don’t have these hassles with my EarStudio ES100 and earphones, which I’ve used about 40 times working out, nor have I had this problem with the Jaybird X3, or with two different Sony wireless earphones that I’ve worked out with multiple times.

Heck, I’ve had better reliability with my $12 wireless earbuds that I got from Gearbest- they’ve been rock solid reliable. :)

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #21,279 of 33,689
The re-pairing process is simply just powering-on both modules on at the same time and let go of the buttons once you see a BLUE blinking light the 2 modules. The modules should auto-pair and you will see that only one module is left with a blinking blue light after a few seconds.
Its the re-setting part that gets most people stuck if the initial pairing wasn't done correctly.

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #21,280 of 33,689
The re-pairing process is simply just powering-on both modules on at the same time and let go of the buttons once you see a BLUE blinking light the 2 modules. The modules should auto-pair and you will see that only one module is left with a blinking blue light after a few seconds.
Its the re-setting part that gets most people stuck if the initial pairing wasn't done correctly.

I’m pretty sure the initial pairing was done correctly since it worked, uninterrupted, and sounded great, for about 40 minutes. I’m not sure how an unsuccessful pairing would end in it working for that long! :D

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #21,281 of 33,689
Jan 14, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #21,282 of 33,689
Moondrop Kanas Pro can be had for 126,79€ atm from AE (121€ for new AE user). This is insane bang for buck! O_o

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #21,283 of 33,689
Zs7 review is up. It resets the bar for KZ.
Interesting, I look forward to hearing it.

At the same time, I have to admit that the CCA-C10 seems quite promising out of the box. It feels a lot more premium in the hand than it looks in photos too. In the pics, the faceplates look like plastic but they are actually aluminium and have some heft to them. The shells are transparent like the ZSN and look pretty sweet.

CCA-C10 profile.jpg

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #21,284 of 33,689
KZ has clearly decided to up their game with the latest rounds. I'm duly impressed. Got the CCA-16 on pre-order at the moment - high hopes but suspect phase issues will be the problem with that many drivers.

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #21,285 of 33,689
Moondrop Kanas Pro can be had for 126,79€ atm from AE (121€ for new AE user). This is insane bang for buck! O_o

who was it that was saving for the Kanas the other day? Time to buy my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back