Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 8, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #21,196 of 33,689
It's all good. I have many different IEM's in my possession and do post excitement on certain good ones that come around that are a rare commodity.
I don't get nothing in return...just a side hobby. :beerchug:

Got it, I’m sorry for calling you out, it just bothered me a bit and had to say something about it. You do your thing :beerchug:

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #21,197 of 33,689
Since there is some discussion / recommendation of the TRN BT20:
I've got me two pairs of them (one 0.75 and one MMCX) and the first IEM I've tried was the TRN V80. I was shocked about the bad sound quality (static / background noise, hissing).
I thought I've got a defective BT20 at first, but then I've tried other IEM's (TRN V20, BQEYZ BQ3) and they work perfectly.
So it is very strange that just the V80, which is used for the product photos of the BT20, does not work for me.
The MMCX type I have currently paired with the Nicehck P3 (11.11 fukubukuro).

My experience with TWS IEMs so far is that it does not just depend on sound and runtime.
With my first pair (QCY Q29), the seat in the box and thus the connection to the charging contacts was very unstable.
In addition, they have turned on by themselves and the power bank function of the box has quickly failed.

The next pair (Chinese Noname) discharge themselves and the box very quickly by itself, you have to constantly recharge without having used them.

My last purchase, "Anker Soundcore Liberty Air" is much better, but also much more expensive.

Out of curiosity, I recently ordered an "X6 Aurora Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Headset" from AliExpress. It has 2 dynamic drivers per side and the design is similar to the BT20, which should give a good runtime. In addition, I found the colour really cool...

So far my two cents to TWS, there is indeed a separate thread to it.

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #21,198 of 33,689
Since there is some discussion / recommendation of the TRN BT20:
I've got me two pairs of them (one 0.75 and one MMCX) and the first IEM I've tried was the TRN V80. I was shocked about the bad sound quality (static / background noise, hissing).
I thought I've got a defective BT20 at first, but then I've tried other IEM's (TRN V20, BQEYZ BQ3) and they work perfectly.
So it is very strange that just the V80, which is used for the product photos of the BT20, does not work for me.
The MMCX type I have currently paired with the Nicehck P3 (11.11 fukubukuro).

My experience with TWS IEMs so far is that it does not just depend on sound and runtime.
With my first pair (QCY Q29), the seat in the box and thus the connection to the charging contacts was very unstable.
In addition, they have turned on by themselves and the power bank function of the box has quickly failed.

The next pair (Chinese Noname) discharge themselves and the box very quickly by itself, you have to constantly recharge without having used them.

My last purchase, "Anker Soundcore Liberty Air" is much better, but also much more expensive.

Out of curiosity, I recently ordered an "X6 Aurora Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Headset" from AliExpress. It has 2 dynamic drivers per side and the design is similar to the BT20, which should give a good runtime. In addition, I found the colour really cool...

So far my two cents to TWS, there is indeed a separate thread to it.

My guess is the v80 has some electrical or circuit design issue, most likely with the ground.

I mean, it shocks some people’s ear canals when they use it, and that is using it from a wired source.

So it’s no surprise to me that it has problems with the BT20, but other IEMs work perfectly with it.

Jan 9, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #21,199 of 33,689
Just received a text on my phone about a package...:yum:
Hopefully, when I get home tonight I've received the **** **** :raised_hand::smile::raised_back_of_hand:

Definitely, these are gonna' go head-on against my personal favorite piezo-dynamic driver ARTISTE DC1!
cat-humor-funny-karate-cat-5.jpg

Jan 9, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #21,200 of 33,689
My only issue with TRN BT20 is that double press of button doesn’t skip to next track,which was confirmed by other members as well.
And off lately after around 100 hours of usage few connection dropout happened too in the right earpiece.
Was gonna order another pair but now thinking of waiting for next similar design iteration by trn or some other company.

Jan 9, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #21,201 of 33,689
Just received a text on my phone about a package...:yum:
Hopefully, when I get home tonight I've received the **** **** :raised_hand::smile::raised_back_of_hand:

Definitely, these are gonna' go head-on against my personal favorite piezo-dynamic driver ARTISTE DC1!
Impressions please! I have, and enjoy very much, the Artiste DC1 so will be very interested to see what you think of them.

Jan 9, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #21,203 of 33,689
So I've decided to finally bite the bullet and buy a high end around $200 pair of Chi-Fi iems and was wondering if someone could recommend me a pair. I've been looking at the DM6, The iBasso IT01s, the Kanas Pro and the newest hot iem the TANSIO MIRAI TSMR-3. I know that's a lot of different ones but so many good ones and I can't make a decision. I like bass but not a ton and no super bright treble.

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #21,204 of 33,689
So I've decided to finally bite the bullet and buy a high end around $200 pair of Chi-Fi iems and was wondering if someone could recommend me a pair. I've been looking at the DM6, The iBasso IT01s, the Kanas Pro and the newest hot iem the TANSIO MIRAI TSMR-3. I know that's a lot of different ones but so many good ones and I can't make a decision. I like bass but not a ton and no super bright treble.
They are all very good, you won't be disappointing with any of them.

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #21,205 of 33,689
Impressions please! I have, and enjoy very much, the Artiste DC1 so will be very interested to see what you think of them.
I will be giving some impressions maybe by next week, since sadly the right earphone of the **** came out to be defective. So, **** is sending me another right side earphone. I guess, the waiting time needs to be a little longer.

:smirk: Bummer!

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #21,206 of 33,689
I will be giving some impressions maybe by next week, since sadly the right earphone of the **** came out to be defective. So, **** is sending me another right side earphone. I guess, the waiting time needs to be a little longer.

:smirk: Bummer!

lol, I went straight to Alie having read your previous post further up this page and immediately bought them. Then came back and saw this one. Ach, only £17. If they sound anything lie the DC1 i'll be happy.

Jan 10, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #21,207 of 33,689

I had the DM6 and own the TSMR-3. I'll suggest the TSMR-3 over the DM6 since I didn't like the 6-8kHz boost in the DM6 which made it sibilant and made me return them. So as per your stated preference where you don't like bright treble, you might like the TSMR-3 over the DM6 too. Also, TSMR-3 has an added advantage of tuning switches, which do work, and has one of the best build qualities in the the price range.

You can read my, Animagus and Audio123's review of the TSMR-3 to get a better idea, https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tansio-mirai-tsmr-3.23486/reviews

If you want a single dynamic driver, you should be good with either of the two. I'm contemplating which one to get too. Haha :)

Jan 10, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #21,208 of 33,689
I had the DM6 and own the TSMR-3. I'll suggest the TSMR-3 over the DM6 since I didn't like the 6-8kHz boost in the DM6 which made it sibilant and made me return them. So as per your stated preference where you don't like bright treble, you might like the TSMR-3 over the DM6 too. Also, TSMR-3 has an added advantage of tuning switches, which do work, and has one of the best build qualities in the the price range.

You can read my, Animagus and Audio123's review of the TSMR-3 to get a better idea, https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tansio-mirai-tsmr-3.23486/reviews

If you want a single dynamic driver, you should be good with either of the two. I'm contemplating which one to get too. Haha :)
The TSMR-3 is definitely at the top of my list because if the tuning switches so I can make it sound how I like:)

Jan 10, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #21,209 of 33,689

not sure if its the same model, but @crabdog also reviewed a 3BA Tansio

https://primeaudio.org/tsmr-7-star-review/

Jan 10, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #21,210 of 33,689
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back