Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 21, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #196 of 33,689
Couldn't get mine comfortable, I think I must have really deep ears as I find a lot of earphones like the Pistons don't sit right. Is there any difference internally between the Youth, Colourful and normal versions?

Youth's sound signature and fit is exactly the same, build quality is worse and sound quality are better on Piston 3 just a little bit. I've never heard colourful and other versions.

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #198 of 33,689
:cool: I just ordered the New KZ Hybrid from Jim and it was very clearly written that these were a pre-order and that they should ship 9/16. Mine shipped Yesterday. I think maybe they should ALL post info about availability in the same fashion.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

From what I read he was marking them shipped but didn't actually have stock

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #199 of 33,689
No strong preference for sound sig.  Just looking for something versatile.  I listen to music, podcasts, gaming, sort of everything on headphones.  I would probably want to keep the budget within 40 USD or so.  I'm really enjoying the monks, but the Z0A3s are good, but never quite did it for me.  I just think the fit is off for me.

I believe I'm the only one who has the MusicMaker TKH1. I love them but I may also be a bit bias bc I love MM. I'll check in them tonight as far as versatility

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #200 of 33,689
I'm pretty much convinced any of the Chinese models are Shure copies. I know I've seen SE215's, 846's and these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-YHC-S600-bass-earphone-sports-headphones-dynamic-Headset-with-mic-for-iPhone-xiaomi-samsung-smartphones/32717330843.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.330.SWB2cu Which strangely resemble the Shure E2's!

I'm thinking you can find any Shure shell rebuilt buy some Chinese builder:rolleyes:

Question is do they perform like the Shures:blink:
The shell I don't really care about, if there are any performance clones, that would be nice.

Sep 21, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #201 of 33,689
Here's my biggest dilemma when discussing this product...

Are you sure you didn't get a knockoff version? Sad thing about Xiaomi earphones is many order from unreliable sources who sell fakes.

What you are describing sounds nothing like how I hear the Piston 3.

My good friend Charliemotta will attest to this.

Right Charlie?

I have the legit Piston 3 . I use the QR scanner on every Xiaomi product that I've bought. I didn't have to use the word "lacks" because Pistón 3 is excellent in this price bracket. That I wanted to say is Xiaomi Hybrid is better with details and soundstage but I prefer Piston's sound signature. like I said Piston 3 is very good earphone maybe the best sub $15 for me. Sorry for the misunderstood, english is not my mother language and sometimes is hard to find the right words to express my opinion (even in my native language lol).

Sep 21, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #202 of 33,689
I have the legit Piston 3 . I use the QR scanner on every Xiaomi product that I've bought. I didn't have to use the word "lacks" because Pistón 3 is excellent in this price bracket. That I wanted to say is Xiaomi Hybrid is better with details and soundstage but I prefer Piston's sound signature. like I said Piston 3 is very good earphone maybe the best sub $15 for me. Sorry for the misunderstood, english is not my mother language and sometimes is hard to find the right words to express my opinion (even in my native language lol).
All good my friend. I just want to make sure we are hearing the same earphone. There are many people who bought fake piston earphones, both the 2nd and 3rd versions

Sep 21, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #203 of 33,689

Nobody seems to like the Piston 3, personally for my tastes I put it over KZ IEMs (Ate, ED9) and Piston 2.1.
I feel a dark and hollow sound with sometimes harsh treble on KZ and too bass on Piston 2.1 (some people love it), while Pistón 3 lacks on soundstage, detail and micro-details compared with Xiaomi Hybrid but for a $12 earphone is very good (even that I still prefer Piston 3's sound signature) .

Here's my biggest dilemma when discussing this product...

Are you sure you didn't get a knockoff version? Sad thing about Xiaomi earphones is many order from unreliable sources who sell fakes.

What you are describing sounds nothing like how I hear the Piston 3.

My good friend @Charliemotta will attest to this.

Right Charlie?

That's right.  I bought Vince's after I got burned by a knockoff and pretty much wrote them off,  till I got his. Very nice indeed Vince!    ♫

Sep 21, 2016 at 5:28 PM Post #204 of 33,689
So whos next in line to test another high end chinese headphone? Someone get the 12BA eternal for $721 and report back 
wink.gif

I am really tempted to get it, especially since I am in the market for a high end iem, but I am not sure if I want to be the first to take the dip.

Might do it for science, of course.

Sep 21, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #205 of 33,689
I recommend not to do business with Blucoil. Bought some headphone extension cables cause they looked awesome. 8 days later, tracking was still on "pre-shipment, awaiting arrival at USPS"

so i asked for a full refund and to cancel the order

and they did so within 3 hours.

They can certainly check their emails but apparently packing up a box for me was too much work.

Sep 21, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #206 of 33,689
My shopping experience has been terrible with HotFi on AE. When there is nothing wrong with the product, he is alright, shipping and communication are fast. But when there is something wrong with the product, he offers terrible service, doesn't reply for very long and lies about shipping the replacement later in the day.

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #207 of 33,689
Anyone ever bought from China Hifi Online?

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #208 of 33,689
This new magaosi will be great. Some may disagree, but in many auditions I prefer more BK35 than TK13 . BK35 not have the same soundstage than TK13 , but the medium and bass I consider very good. In addition, the TK13 needs a lot of audition to get used to the sound , and the BK35 everything happens naturally ... My BK35 this with over 400 hours of burning.

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #209 of 33,689
  My shopping experience has been terrible with HotFi on AE. When there is nothing wrong with the product, he is alright, shipping and communication are fast. But when there is something wrong with the product, he offers terrible service, doesn't reply for very long and lies about shipping the replacement later in the day.

That seems to be the dice-roll with AE.  Anytime I'm tempted to order a more expensive IEM (over $100), it's the knowledge that there's no warranty or ability to correct problems that prevents me from doing it. 

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #210 of 33,689

Search Hot-Fi in this thread and you will find not just one buy many reports (and even screenshots!) of HotFi verbally abusing and threatening customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back