Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 21, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #211 of 33,689
For a more relevant impression on the **** 4in1, I've using for some weeks and I can say that the hype is still real! Very good technical performance, speed, detail, soundstage, only the tonality could be a tiny bit more neutral but would probably lose a bit of it's wow factor. A+ for me. Let's keep boarding on this train.

Sep 21, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #212 of 33,689
New one from AK store
MaGaosi Hybrid In Ear Earphone 2BA with 1DD HIFI Bass Metal In Ear Headset
Look what I found on AliExpress
http://s.aliexpress.com/UjmeYn6r

Nice find!.....Wow! MaGaosi pulling a rabbit out of his hat? Surprise!
  Wow, didn`t expect that! They look really nice (black)! 
But I`m going to wait some serious impressions and comparison on those (especially vs. **** 4in1) before jumping on them.

Same here....still tempting though!
I saw the Magaosi K1 2BA+1DD hybrid on Taobao selling at just 499RMB, such a competitive pricing. Just some info, according to the seller they're using TWFK-30017 BA this time unlike the HLSX time which they use AFX BA. The FR given was using the Grey filter (the middle/neutral 1). I'm very much interested though hope to hear some impressions.

Looks tempting comparing to the **** 4in1's.....

How does the ZST compare to the ZS3? My only other experience with IEMs is the ATE and ZS1.

Remembering my first listen to the ZS3, I would say? I like the ZS3 better. The ZST are just too grainy sounding for me so far.

Sep 21, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #213 of 33,689
Couldn't get mine comfortable, I think I must have really deep ears as I find a lot of earphones like the Pistons don't sit right.

This exactly what stops me from using Piston 3, regularly. Getting a secure fit for my ears is PITA. Have tried variety of tips and settled with triple flange silicone tips. Still never felt these to have a secure fit for my ears.

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #214 of 33,689
From what I read he was marking them shipped but didn't actually have stock

After not having a tracking number on two orders got about ten days I contacted Jim and he stated they would ship out the next day and would have taking numbers. The next day the status upgraded to shipped with tracking numbers. Two weeks after the tracking numbers did not pull up any info and when I contacted him yesterday he stated "sorry, the orders have not left my warehouse because 4 in 1 is a hot item and out of stock. So that means when he told me they had shipped he straight out Lied! Meanwhile the purchase protection time is running down because he had the status as shipped!! Now he tells me I can cancel the order for 4 in 1 but I can't do that because of the"shipped" status. Also said he would be getting a orderbig stock of ZST in so don't worry about the other order...Right, don't worry....

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #215 of 33,689
This new magaosi will be great. Some may disagree, but in many auditions I prefer more BK35 than TK13 . BK35 not have the same soundstage than TK13 , but the medium and bass I consider very good. In addition, the TK13 needs a lot of audition to get used to the sound , and the BK35 everything happens naturally ... My BK35 this with over 400 hours of burning.

How many hours on TK13?

Search Hot-Fi in this thread and you will find not just one buy many reports (and even screenshots!) of HotFi verbally abusing and threatening customers.

Umm no. This is a new thread. The original was shut down the other day.

Also side note, another member showed me a screenshot of a convo with AK Store and they asked him not to review the 3+1 if he wasn't gonna like it. Lol they got some nerve

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #216 of 33,689

Nice find!.....Wow! MaGaosi pulling a rabbit out of his hat? Surprise!

Same here....still tempting though!

Looks tempting comparing to the **** 4in1's.....

Remembering my first listen to the ZS3, I would say? I like the ZS3 better. The ZST are just too grainy sounding for me so far.

Those graph cannot be compared until we know they were made with the same tools and procedure...
Also I don't trust the **** 4in1 graph being representative of the **** 4in1 sound sig because so far most user of the 4in1 claim they have big bass, relatively warm sound sig and treble brightness so V shapped...

Again for all of you guys don't jump to conclusions, less speculations and more facts and critical minds will give this thread a bit more if credibility.

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #217 of 33,689
I just pulled the trigger on some kz ate. Are the stock tips ok, or do you guys recommend better tips? Thanks.  

Sep 22, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #219 of 33,689
  Too many Chinese IE800s.
Which one comes closest to Sennheiser's crown jewels?

Or, better go DD+BA route?

Get **** 4in1.

This new magaosi will be great. Some may disagree, but in many auditions I prefer more BK35 than TK13 . BK35 not have the same soundstage than TK13 , but the medium and bass I consider very good. In addition, the TK13 needs a lot of audition to get used to the sound , and the BK35 everything happens naturally ... My BK35 this with over 400 hours of burning.

Agree. Firstly, TK13(TO12) require some tip-rolling to get highs right (they sounded littlebit artificial to me). Secondly, I also preferred BK35 smoother warmer signature and large soundstage (depth was imo better than TK13). BK35 just sounded natural right OOTB.

Sep 22, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #220 of 33,689
SuperLuigi, got my TKH1 plugged into my phone, LG V10, and listening. Played a Matimio Rainbow Six Siege video and it sounded great with his talking and the game sounds then played a Good Mythical Morning video for podcast like audio and it was crystal clear vocals. These are non fatiguing earphones. Solid choice though I do believe full size is best for gaming.

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:08 AM Post #221 of 33,689
Wondering if the **** 4in1's sound anything like the EX1's from Fiio. Anybody knows?

BTW, bought my first item after subscribing to this thread: the Monk+. Hope the hype with this one is real.

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #222 of 33,689
How many hours on TK13?
Umm no. This is a new thread. The original was shut down the other day.

Also side note, another member showed me a screenshot of a convo with AK Store and they asked him not to review the 3+1 if he wasn't gonna like it. Lol they got some nerve

That's not entirely true. After reading what you wrote, I was really concerned IF they were really trying to interfere with people expressing their opinions (nothing in this hobby upsets me more than stores trying to interfere) and so I contacted them asking if they were asking people to not post negative reviews.

It turns out thats not what happened at all in this case. In fact they never said to not review it, but only to hold off on passing judgement until they receive the returned unit to see if its defective or not. Kind of unfair to malign a product or store if the product has a defect, no? They provided evidence to back that up what they say, so your last sentence is quite inaccurate and off base. Not fair to leave in something like that now is it?

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #224 of 33,689

Those graph cannot be compared until we know they were made with the same tools and procedure...
Also I don't trust the **** 4in1 graph being representative of the **** 4in1 sound sig because so far most user of the 4in1 claim they have big bass, relatively warm sound sig and treble brightness so V shapped...

Again for all of you guys don't jump to conclusions, less speculations and more facts and critical minds will give this thread a bit more if credibility.

Unless you own them, you can't comment on your own conclusions or speculations either. At least, I'm the only one that wrote a long review on them, unless you're willing to write the long awaited second review.....I'm all for it. 

They are only a mild V-shape and with other wider-bored tips becomes pretty balance. They are definitely no bass monsters, if you talk quantity, but they are very much punchy and detailed with plenty of quality.

.....I believe, one of the guideless of writing about your own opinion is that you at least have tried the earphone, or own it. .....just my 2 cents.
wink.gif

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #225 of 33,689
That's not entirely true. After reading what you wrote, I was really concerned IF they were really trying to interfere with people expressing their opinions (nothing in this hobby upsets me more than stores trying to interfere) and so I contacted them asking if they were asking people to not post negative reviews.

It turns out thats not what happened at all in this case. In fact they never said to not review it, but only to hold off on passing judgement until they receive the returned unit to see if its defective or not. Kind of unfair to malign a product or store if the product has a defect, no? They provided evidence to back that up what they say, so your last sentence is quite inaccurate and off base. Not fair to leave in something like that now is it?

Member who had the convo cleared up the issue after and I was not aware. My mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back