Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 14, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #20,596 of 33,689
did anyone try "specific brand" **** the one with piezoelectric driver?
I'm interested in this one as well, it's a triple driver 1DD+1BA+piezo. I have the Elecom CB1000 and the Artiste DC1 which are 1DD+ piezo hybrids and like them a lot. I'd like some idea of how these sound as well.

Dec 14, 2018 at 4:58 AM Post #20,598 of 33,689
are there any chi-fi that sounds similar to HD600? something that is not V ? i really like good extensions

Are you saying V-shaped signatures implies no extension? :D
Joking
I follow-up

Dec 14, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #20,600 of 33,689
I've only listened to both in isolation so I can't really assess their technical prowess with respect to each other. They are very different in sound signature though, with the Semkarch being an energetic v-shape and the Kanas Pro neutralish. I don't think stacking them against each other is very useful as they clearly are in such different categories.

What I can say about the Kanas Pro however is that although I haven't spent much time with them yet, it's extremely likely they are going to displace the Simgot EN700 Pro from my best/top/fav spot. I love my EN700 Pro to bits but when I use it my QP1R DAP it doesn't really sound better than when I listen to it through my goto Audiotrak Prodigy Cube Black Edition with Burson v5i opamp DAC/Amp. In fact I like the EN700 Pro better on the Cube than on the QP1R as the Cube has a more engaging and dynamic sound than the QP1R to my ears. With the Kanas Pro it's another story altogether it seems and whereas it appears to just about edge the EN700 Pro on the Cube in technicality, when I use it on the QP1R it's like I clearly enter in another, superior, dimension of sound. In other words, the Kanas Pro scales up to the better source whereas the EN700 Pro doesn't. I did burst into spontaneous laughter out of joy and incredulity a couple of times at how good they sounded on the QP1R. Arguably I don't know what a good TOTL may sound like but this is really very very good. Someone on Ali rated the Kanas Pro higher than the EX-1000 (which is S- in Crinacle's ratings) and I am not surprised as I also have the EX-1000 (which I think is a bit overrated). How do the Semkarch stack up to that, frankly I don't know as I haven't tried it on the QP1R and I don't really care either, It's a very good sounding pair for "fun" listening and they won't touch the Kanas Pro for "serious" listening, that's for sure.

Well this is it, all I can say for now, it's early days with both, all to be taken with a grain of salt, new toy syndrome oblige...

Could you compare Kanas Pro vs Haydn? I really liked the sound of A15 Pro - Haydn, however I had problems with fit. Tonally Haydn sounds 90% like my modded Evos, so I´m not missing on that sound that much.
BUT, I would love to find an over-ear iem with a touch more bass and isolation for commuting and I have a feeling the Kanas Pro could be the one for me.. What do you think? :)

Dec 14, 2018 at 7:22 AM Post #20,601 of 33,689
The A15 Pro and original A15 cables were rubbish because of the memory wire and angle of the connectors. I'm happy to say they nailed the fit (and cable) with the Kylin. I haven't spent enough time listening to have a conclusive opinion on the sound but here's a measurement for anyone who wants to see it.
Ouch, the thicccc bass again :/ Was hoping for somethin closer to A15 Pro.
Tonally it actuaally seems pretty close to DMG and OSV3
Have you measured P4 Pro?

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #20,602 of 33,689
I'm interested in this one as well, it's a triple driver 1DD+1BA+piezo. I have the Elecom CB1000 and the Artiste DC1 which are 1DD+ piezo hybrids and like them a lot. I'd like some idea of how these sound as well.
I have the Artiste DC1 and they are awesome! ...Which one would you crab first between the Elecom CB1000 and the Artiste DC1? Or, do you happen to like them equally?

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #20,603 of 33,689
Sure if it's only mentioned passingly and not have an entire page or two of essay dedicated to it (though imo it's ultimately kinda moot, the sound and fitting are what ultimately matter imho). I don't mean that every reviews have to be super concise though, just that it'd be nice to have one or two like that inbetween all the sometimes super long philosophical dissertations on how stuff sound.

Anyway, just got Vsonic GR09 for $150 discounted on tmall. It's the black version which is apparently not ceramic? Sounds good but kinda safe, still exploring. Hopefully my last chi-fi purchase this year, been crazy lately.

you mean the tmall link here?

GR07 build quality was balls though, so despite the GR09 also highly regarded, quite wary to jump on any Vsonic now (they've also gone quiet for some reason?)

survived 12.12 without getting any new gear, so I'm quite happy, lol.

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #20,604 of 33,689
I have the Artiste DC1 and they are awesome! ...Which one would you crab first between the Elecom CB1000 and the Artiste DC1? Or, do you happen to like them equally?
The DC1 have a great bass response and a lively exciting presentation. They were excellent value at 29 GBP. The CB1000 are more neutral, but I had to cover the vents with transpore tape as I found them a little bass-light. Once I had done this they sounded great, especially good for classical music. I like both. The Elecom is good value if you can get them at a good price. I paid 49 GBP on eBay.

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #20,605 of 33,689
Could you compare Kanas Pro vs Haydn? I really liked the sound of A15 Pro - Haydn, however I had problems with fit. Tonally Haydn sounds 90% like my modded Evos, so I´m not missing on that sound that much.
BUT, I would love to find an over-ear iem with a touch more bass and isolation for commuting and I have a feeling the Kanas Pro could be the one for me.. What do you think? :)
Yes, I had problems with fit on the A15 Haydn as well. I changed the cable (terrible design) and none of the supplied tips worked for me. I'm using KZ Starline tips now, the fit is better than the Spiral Dots. I also covered the vents with transpore tape which helped to improve the bass.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #20,606 of 33,689
you mean the tmall link here?

GR07 build quality was balls though, so despite the GR09 also highly regarded, quite wary to jump on any Vsonic now (they've also gone quiet for some reason?)

survived 12.12 without getting any new gear, so I'm quite happy, lol.
Yeah that. The thing feels solid so far, haven't seen anyone complaining about build quality of GR09 as well and since they're supposed to be worth $300+, they should be built much better than their lesser offering, hopefully, at least. Not sure if I'd recommend them at this point, they sound weirdly competent yet rather really safe and kinda boring lol.

Vsonic is gearing up for the release of a new range of phones iirc (saw a thread here), and according to my friend GR09 is getting discontinued, hence the crazy price slash.

Dec 14, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #20,607 of 33,689
Nor sure but somewhy I removed P4 Pro from my 100-200$ list. I think it had something to do with soundstage or highs. Must read through different reviews once again.
The highs are delicious IMO and have a very nice timbre. Soundstage is fairly intimate but very stable
Ouch, the thicccc bass again :/ Was hoping for somethin closer to A15 Pro.
Tonally it actuaally seems pretty close to DMG and OSV3
Have you measured P4 Pro?
Yes, the Kylin's bass is indeed quite thick. It is definitely nothing like the A15 Pro. It is closer to the DMG in tonality - perhaps less resolving but vocals are not as recessed.

I have measured the P4 Pro but my graph looks very different from others I've seen (and what I'm hearing) so I want to investigate it a bit more before I share anything as I don't want to give the wrong impression.

Dec 14, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #20,608 of 33,689
The highs are delicious IMO and have a very nice timbre. Soundstage is fairly intimate but very stable
Ah! Now I remeber, yes. That was the reason. My personal subjective taste/sound perception just don`t like intimate "in your face" & intruding-into-headspace sounds. Rather slight distance to music from every direction.

Dec 14, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #20,609 of 33,689
The DC1 have a great bass response and a lively exciting presentation. They were excellent value at 29 GBP. The CB1000 are more neutral, but I had to cover the vents with transpore tape as I found them a little bass-light. Once I had done this they sounded great, especially good for classical music. I like both. The Elecom is good value if you can get them at a good price. I paid 49 GBP on eBay.

I have the CB2000 and the bass is great!

Dec 14, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #20,610 of 33,689
Thanks for your impressions...! :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back