Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 13, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #20,581 of 33,689
Not sure why the P4 Pro hasn't been discussed more. I find it very enjoyable, nicely built and supremely comfortable with stellar isolation. It sounds very similar to the more expensive TSMR albeit without the switches.

Yeah, I really enjoy them as well. Interesting to hear your comments about them compared to the TSMR

Dec 13, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #20,582 of 33,689
All this discussion of the p4 pro reminded me I bought a new cable for them on 11/11 that I never put on. 20181213_143112.jpgThe trn cable feels really premium and makes the p4 pro look much nicer. It gives them the look to go along with the premium sound. I never hated the cable they came with but I didn't like it either. I saw the new trn cable showup and bought it because it looked nice. It definitely is for the $7 I paid it's great.

Dec 13, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #20,584 of 33,689
All this discussion of the p4 pro reminded me I bought a new cable for them on 11/11 that I never put on. The trn cable feels really premium and makes the p4 pro look much nicer. It gives them the look to go along with the premium sound. I never hated the cable they came with but I didn't like it either. I saw the new trn cable showup and bought it because it looked nice. It definitely is for the $7 I paid it's great.

Ha ha, I've got the exact same cable on my pair. My P4 is the carbon fiber look though.

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #20,585 of 33,689
What tips are you using on KC2

Too be honest I've got freakishly large diameter ear canals. I've got literally bags of tips but very few fit great. I bought some large foam rips on 11:11 and even they are too small. I do have some very large ones from a set of Xiaomi pistons and a few sets of very large kz black red tips from a few years back.

The largest tips that came with the KC2 are also usable for me

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #20,587 of 33,689
LOL, 123 is the only reviewer I've ever seen doing a review of a pair of IEM's with a filtering system (the SEMKARCH CNT1) without even mentioning the filters. Haven't read anything else from him since but needless to say I didn't get the impression of him being very detailed in his work......
I read a review of a DD iem where except from the fact that it was a dynamic driver, nothing else related to the driver was mentioned. Forget build material, the size of the dd was also not mentioned. I wonder what these reviews want to achieve?

Dec 13, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #20,588 of 33,689
I wonder what these reviews want to achieve?

Some ‘shill’ reviewers do it for the free product (which they keep or resell), or they make money on referral and/or affiliate links, YouTube views, etc. Some even get flat out paid by a manufacturer to do a positive ‘review’.

That’s just a general statement though; not aimed at anyone in particular.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #20,589 of 33,689
Too be honest I've got freakishly large diameter ear canals. I've got literally bags of tips but very few fit great. I bought some large foam rips on 11:11 and even they are too small. I do have some very large ones from a set of Xiaomi pistons and a few sets of very large kz black red tips from a few years back.

I was having a hell of a time keeping the KC2 in my ears until I finally realized shallow fit IEMs need one size larger than normal deeper ones. Mediums usually work most of the time for me, but I had to use the large size for the KC2. Tried the large ones that came with it, worked good but then dug out the large KZ starlines and that was the ticket for me.

Dec 14, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #20,590 of 33,689
I read a review of a DD iem where except from the fact that it was a dynamic driver, nothing else related to the driver was mentioned. Forget build material, the size of the dd was also not mentioned. I wonder what these reviews want to achieve?
On the other hand, I usually just skip over all the fluff stuff like that and go straight to the sound details. I'll go to manufacturer's page if I want to read about specs.

Honestly miss ljokerl reviews.

Dec 14, 2018 at 1:11 AM Post #20,591 of 33,689
On the other hand, I usually just skip over all the fluff stuff like that and go straight to the sound details. I'll go to manufacturer's page if I want to read about specs.

Honestly miss ljokerl reviews.
I myself am not one to even look at the fluff... however, DD size and build material are essential in a review i would say rather than perhaps describing the packaged box etc.

Dec 14, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #20,592 of 33,689
I myself am not one to even look at the fluff... however, DD size and build material are essential in a review i would say rather than perhaps describing the packaged box etc.
Sure if it's only mentioned passingly and not have an entire page or two of essay dedicated to it (though imo it's ultimately kinda moot, the sound and fitting are what ultimately matter imho). I don't mean that every reviews have to be super concise though, just that it'd be nice to have one or two like that inbetween all the sometimes super long philosophical dissertations on how stuff sound.

Anyway, just got Vsonic GR09 for $150 discounted on tmall. It's the black version which is apparently not ceramic? Sounds good but kinda safe, still exploring. Hopefully my last chi-fi purchase this year, been crazy lately.

Dec 14, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #20,593 of 33,689
So, I just did more research on the CCA-C10 and found out that this vendor gives a bit more specific and critical insight on the CCA and KZ relationship! :princess::prince:

55df26b368cf9de722b5c28b208aa3cf.jpg

This article is according to "Hill Audio" at the Shoppee website...

:writing_hand:
"While KZ has claimed its title as the cheapest 5 driver hybrid IEM with their popular ZS10 model, another brand was secretly in the making to dethrone KZ from this title. CCA - an unfamiliar name in the international audiophile community was actually a sister company to KZ thus it's no surprise they're able to make 5-driver hybrid IEM at a price that's even cheaper than KZ. Will it be the best sounding budget 5-driver hybrid IEM on the market right now ? It's your ears to judge. We all know by now that more driver doesn't equals better sound, but surely it's an interesting iem that any budget audiophiles shouldn't overlook..."

"...As you may know by now that CCA is actually a subsidiary / a sister company of KZ, their product tuning has a strong resemblance to KZ products and mostly are produced / ODM by KZ factory themselves. The design may look a bit more appealing with metallic faceplate and somewhat more ergonomically looking shell all at slightly cheaper price therefore it will be very much interesting to see how this perform compared to the revolutionary ZS10. It could very well sound the same with just a slight tweak. All in all, it's definitely a worth buy with such specs and design."

Link to their store and sellers statement above...:point_left:
https://shopee.com.my/CCA-C10-5-driver-Hybrid-In-Ear-Earphone-i.6548893.1723038023

Hope this gives a little more clarity to the brother and sister team...

-Clear :wink::thumbsup:

Dec 14, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #20,594 of 33,689

I can't seem to get the good seal I'm looking for to Bring out the bass on these. I got large ear holes too...Will keep trying they sound fantastic otherwise

Dec 14, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #20,595 of 33,689
Yeah real step up from my rather large collection of KZs but reviewers talk about their great bass and I don't get that. I've tried sealing the vents holes with tape and that changes the sound but seems to detrimental to the treble for me. Sound very good on my Xduoo X3 but pretty thin on my DSD. I've got more tips coming so hopefully that will work.

Very nice earphones but as always for is an issue for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back