Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 10, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #17,896 of 33,689
They respond well to EQ. The mids are recessed compared to lows and highs but they can brought forward as well. I don't find them comfortable for long sessions though. Something like the ED16 on the other hand fits me like a glove.
That means it's time that I buy the es100 that I was recommended because Dolby Atmos is ridiculous for iems and eq'ing.

Also I feel the detail, separation, clarity and soundstage on these perform more like the £100 price tier.

Sep 10, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #17,897 of 33,689
I don't find them comfortable for long sessions though. Something like the ED16 on the other hand fits me like a glove.

I traded away my qt2 because of fit issues. Like you, I find the fit of the ED16 perfect... with M spinfit tips. I can wear them for many hours.

Sep 10, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #17,898 of 33,689
I traded away my qt2 because of fit issues. Like you, I find the fit of the ED16 perfect... with M spinfit tips. I can wear them for many hours.

I’ve paired them spinfits as well. But my ear canal is weird ; I use M for left ear and L for the right.

I use the QT2 (with a Bluetooth cable) when I go for a run now. They stay in my ears and the bass is perfect for my running playlist.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #17,899 of 33,689
I’ve paired them spinfits as well. But my ear canal is weird ; I use M for left ear and L for the right.

I use the QT2 (with a Bluetooth cable) when I go for a run now. They stay in my ears and the bass is perfect for my running playlist.

Many people have different size ear canals. Mine are a little different but not enough to use two different sized tips on the one iem. I stick with medium for most iems. I do have large on a couple of them.. not even sure which ones now.

Sep 10, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #17,901 of 33,689
Sep 10, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #17,902 of 33,689
Somebody on the eastern side of the US got a v80 they'll loan me for a couple of weeks? I'll fund shipping. I just want to give them a fair shake and I thought I had my review done but if my sample is atypical I'd rather not publish it yet.
I have a pair that sounds good to me, if you are still looking for a pair to review send me a PM. I have plenty of other favorites to use while they are gone.

Sep 10, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #17,904 of 33,689
Omdz, Just wow! Ive received my qt2s and my first impressions i have to say that it is my most favourite iem so far. This is the best bass I've heard so far from any iem, even beats the it01s bass for me! The subbass rumble is soo addictive and you can feel the bass rather then just hearing it compared with all my other iems I've tried. It generally has a satisfying full bodied approach in the lows and mids then gets a bit thinner in the highs which creates a bit more livelyness. Vocals sound solid and clear but if there was one complaint, I would prefer them to pull the bass quantity just slightly back in order to balance the sound out more which will give mids more prescense. Overall, my first impressions are outstanding on these and do feel it is a steal at the £27 I paid for them. If the queen's are an upgrade to these (which should be coming anytime now) then I'm in for a real treat!

Yeah, they're really a handful of fun and excellent for the money. The QT3 is also really nice, not quite as bassy and more refined.

Sep 10, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #17,905 of 33,689
I like the bass in the QT2 as well (although I thought we couldn't talk about them!). However, for me, the mids and treble lack a bit of clarity and space. After using the Artiste DC1 and Elecom CB1000 with their piezo HF drivers I feel there's something missing in that area. After some experimentation I have found another one I like, that's the Whizzer A15 pro. I wear them cable down with the earpieces swapped, a 5N silver plated cable (the supplied cable is terrible) and large Trinity Kombi tips. This lifts the bass a little. The overall sound is neutral but with super detail and resolution with a huge soundstage.

Sep 10, 2018 at 1:52 PM Post #17,906 of 33,689
Yeah, they're really a handful of fun and excellent for the money. The QT3 is also really nice, not quite as bassy and more refined.
I thought I read somewhere that the 3 was a treble laser.
I like the bass in the QT2 as well (although I thought we couldn't talk about them!). However, for me, the mids and treble lack a bit of clarity and space. After using the Artiste DC1 and Elecom CB1000 with their piezo HF drivers I feel there's something missing in that area. After some experimentation I have found another one I like, that's the Whizzer A15 pro. I wear them cable down with the earpieces swapped, a 5N silver plated cable (the supplied cable is terrible) and large Trinity Kombi tips. This lifts the bass a little. The overall sound is neutral but with super detail and resolution with a huge soundstage.
Love the A15 airy treble, it's kinda similar to the Toneking 9Tail in that regard.

Sep 10, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #17,907 of 33,689

Love the A15 airy treble, it's kinda similar to the Toneking 9Tail in that regard.

It might very well have been me who said that about the treble. I got them when I was on holiday in Spain and only had the stock tips available but now at home with access to a myriad of tips they're much better. With triple flanges they're no worse in the treble than the QT2 to my ears, just a toch thinner up there.

Edit: going back and forth between the two the QT3 is a bit lighter in impact and brighter in overall signature.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #17,908 of 33,689

Speaking of the Nine Tail without forcing me to try to decipher graphs could you just tell me what each filter color means? Is one to increase bass, one for treble.. or?

The R and L are really hard to see so I had to remedy that. Did something similar to the bud in the same photo. Love red electrical tape:) Nail polish or marker would not have worked on either of these.

R0013715.JPG

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #17,909 of 33,689

Speaking of the Nine Tail without forcing me to try to decipher graphs could you just tell me what each filter color means? Is one to increase bass, one for treble.. or?

The R and L are really hard to see so I had to remedy that. Did something similar to the bud in the same photo. Love red electrical tape:) Nail polish or marker would not have worked on either of these.

Think of it as red for warmer and blue for brighter with silver being in the middle. I've been using silver front and back for ages.

Sep 10, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #17,910 of 33,689
Think of it as red for warmer and blue for brighter with silver being in the middle. I've been using silver front and back for ages.

So is it weird to have the red nozzle with the blue rear? It IS colorful...:)

I did listen the first night with silver/silver and I enjoyed it. Then I changed it to the red/blue and enjoyed that. I guess I am weird and no one should ever ask my opinion... lol.

oh, and btw, I do think of sound as colors so what you said makes total sense and was what I was kind of expecting.

edit: going to try red nozzle/silver rear tonight

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back