Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 27, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #17,431 of 33,689
For me, the V80 doesn't sound bright but every now and then (very track/instrument dependent) a sound will leap out and stab your ears with glass shards. It's the one weakness that makes the V80 "very good" instead of "great" (IMO).
Could you measure the impedance with your rig...that may give answers.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #17,432 of 33,689
In response to Larry P.'s Head-Fi review I was just asked to let people know that he had received a BETA unit for testing, that his criticism of the overemphasized treble is 100% correct, and that the production units sound different. So, maybe not all of us received the same tuning.

Which review is this?

Kind of BS that review units would be sent out with 1 tuning, yet everyone else would receive differently tuned units. How can we trust any reviews then?

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #17,433 of 33,689
Hey guys,

I'm stuffed with great IEM's now - I can't even decide if I like the QT2, T2, V80 or DC1 the best. Now, in this AliExpress sale, I'm looking for the best wireless headphones for a maximum of 50 dollar. Who has experience in this price range? What are the top picks?

Aug 27, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #17,434 of 33,689
Aug 27, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #17,435 of 33,689
I was scratching my head about the general brightness reports on the V80...which I cannot confirm...and I am really treble sensitive and have issues with the ZS6 and the SEAHF AWK-009. One possibility is that I am near deaf, the other is that I am ignorant - I put my full trust into B9's ears. In response to Larry P.'s Head-Fi review I was just asked to let people know that he had received a BETA unit for testing, that his criticism of the overemphasized treble is 100% correct, and that the production units sound different. So, maybe not all of us received the same tuning.

Also, the bass texture on mine is outright amazing.

I wrote the first Head-Fi review of the V80 and mentioned the Dunu Falcon C ripoff. I also mentioned the Andromeda ripoff in my PHB EM-023 review...and I praised BQEYZ for their "in-house design" in comparison to the other two...fair treatment of all of them. KZ have been leading the pack since their ZS5, though :).

I personally like the V80's excessive treble. Lines up with my preferences. But even for me, at times it can be too much. The ZS6's peak is lower which a lot of people seem to have issues with. My JVC fanboyism enjoys that style of treble. And yes, the V80's bass kicks @ss. Like a BGVP DM5 without the messed up imaging.

You've rightfully pointed out the and condemned them and others for ripping off the designs. That comment was more directed to those that hopped on the hate train bandwagon for the ZS5/ZS6 and continue to ride it strongly without any consistency when it comes to other brands doing the exact same thing.

Aug 27, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #17,436 of 33,689
Hey guys,

I'm stuffed with great IEM's now - I can't even decide if I like the QT2, T2, V80 or DC1 the best. Now, in this AliExpress sale, I'm looking for the best wireless headphones for a maximum of 50 dollar. Who has experience in this price range? What are the top picks?
If you can manage $99, get the Earstudio ES100 and then all your IEMs can be wireless. Alternatively, if you don't need or care about balanced output, the FiiO BTR3 is about $60. But, if you really want wireless earphones, I found the iDeaUSA V205 to be really good.

Aug 27, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #17,437 of 33,689
Oh yeah, and the V80 has seen some revision, at least visually. Gone is the glossy paint job, replaced by a matte one. No idea if they changed the blue version as well.

20180827_140705[1].jpg

I wasn't planning on opening this one up since they're going to be used for a giveaway, but after those beta tester comments I had to take a listen. Went through a number of test tracks that I'm very familiar with. If there is a difference in the upper end, it is very minimal. Listening to one ear piece from each set in each ear, there didn't seem to be any immediately detectable difference to my ears.

Aug 27, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #17,438 of 33,689
Aug 27, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #17,440 of 33,689
If you can manage $99, get the Earstudio ES100 and then all your IEMs can be wireless. Alternatively, if you don't need or care about balanced output, the FiiO BTR3 is about $60. But, if you really want wireless earphones, I found the iDeaUSA V205 to be really good.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean earphones, but headphones. Or is there another thread like this for headphone I just haven't discovered?

Aug 27, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #17,441 of 33,689
So v80 or zs10 or both are possibly different than review units?

Could it just be QC variances?
I am surprised about the surprise of tacit revisions. We had this all along...for example, the earliest KZ ZST (or was it the ZS3?) were totally out of whack in their tuning and were instantly revised...which delayed my shipment by 4 weeks or so.

Hey, and thanks to everybody for an interesting discussion.

Oh yeah, and the V80 has seen some revision, at least visually. Gone is the glossy paint job, replaced by a matte one. No idea if they changed the blue version as well.

I wasn't planning on opening this one up since they're going to be used for a giveaway, but after those beta tester comments I had to take a listen. Went through a number of test tracks that I'm very familiar with. If there is a difference in the upper end, it is very minimal. Listening to one ear piece from each set in each ear, there didn't seem to be any immediately detectable difference to my ears.

B9 is hording V80s... :). I wished I also had the matte one.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #17,442 of 33,689
Guess my next cheaper chi-fi IEMs will be the Tin T2 and the v80, thanks to this thread and some of the masterminds like Otto Motor. Thank you for your work folks. I will post my "review" as soon as I got them. Cheers from Krautasia aka Germany :wink:

Aug 27, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #17,443 of 33,689
I am surprised about the surprise of tacit revisions. We had this all along...for example, the earliest KZ ZST (or was it the ZS3?) were totally out of whack in their tuning and were instantly revised...which delayed my shipment by 4 weeks or so.

Hey, and thanks to everybody for an interesting discussion.

ZS3 was recalled immediately for crushed sound tubes. No tuning changes that I know of. Can't recall if the ZST was redacted for anything.

Aug 27, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #17,444 of 33,689
Guess my next cheaper chi-fi IEMs will be the Tin T2 and the v80, thanks to this thread and some of the masterminds like Otto Motor. Thank you for your work folks. I will post my "review" as soon as I got them. Cheers from Krautasia aka Germany :wink:

That BWEYZ KC2 is getting good reviews and in the video seems above the T2 at least for stage size and imaging. Perhaps that should be one of your choices :)

Aug 27, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #17,445 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back