Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 14, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #15,946 of 33,689
guys some sad news. I accidentally left my Tin Audio T2s in my pocket and put them through the wash and dryer. They don't sound right. The right side seems much louder now than the left. :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

I'm not sure if this is salvageable?

Otherwise, if there's someone that is less than impressed with theirs or don't like it, I might be interested. Prices seem to have climbed since I got mine.

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #15,947 of 33,689
guys some sad news. I accidentally left my Tin Audio T2s in my pocket and put them through the wash and dryer. They don't sound right. The right side seems much louder now than the left. :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

I'm not sure if this is salvageable?

Otherwise, if there's someone that is less than impressed with theirs or don't like it, I might be interested. Prices seem to have climbed since I got mine.

Put them in a bag of rice for a few days. Will suck any remaining water out. Might solve the issue :)

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #15,948 of 33,689

Did you remember to add conditioner?

Kidding. Sorry buddy, I hope they will properly dry out.

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #15,949 of 33,689
Put them in a bag of rice for a few days. Will suck any remaining water out. Might solve the issue :)

Ya know I might try it. They actually went in for a swim like a week or two ago. I hadn't used them to try and dry them out but it's possible there's still moisture. Luckily, I'm asian and so there's always rice in the pantry.

Did you remember to add conditioner?

Kidding. Sorry buddy, I hope they will properly dry out.

I'm pretty sure there was some fabric softener. Lol no worries, I hope they dry out too. I've been using my ASK/ASY IEMs the past week or so and really putting them to good use.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #15,950 of 33,689
Ya know I might try it. They actually went in for a swim like a week or two ago. I hadn't used them to try and dry them out but it's possible there's still moisture. Luckily, I'm asian and so there's always rice in the pantry.

I'm pretty sure there was some fabric softener. Lol no worries, I hope they dry out too. I've been using my ASK/ASY IEMs the past week or so and really putting them to good use.

You may want to let them soak in deionized water a few times first as to minimize the amount of solid residue the drying will leave (scale and whatever washing product you used).

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #15,952 of 33,689
Like dunk them in water again?

Yes, but pure water without any electrolyte or else in it, aka deionized water used for car batteries and steam irons. If the driver membranes are polymer/metal that should be safe and it will greatly reduce the amount of solid deposit the drying will leave. Do so at your own risk however, I take no responsibility for any further damage that might occur. :wink:

This said I did that once on a pair of Philips TX2 with no ill effects.

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #15,953 of 33,689
Yes, but pure water without any electrolyte or else in it, aka deionized water used for car batteries and steam irons. If the driver membranes are polymer/metal that should be safe and it will greatly reduce the amount of solid deposit the drying will leave. Do so at your own risk however, I take no responsibility for any further damage that might occur. :wink:

This said I did that once on a pair of Philips TX2 with no ill effects.

Alrighty. I'll try the rice first and see.

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #15,954 of 33,689
Alrighty. I'll try the rice first and see.

I think the idea is to make sure that chemical residue from the washing process does not dry on the drivers. If this happened here there would be so much limescale in there...

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #15,956 of 33,689
I understood it. But, it's possible it's just moisture (hoping that the rinse cycle on the wash cleared it).

Someone posted in another thread that the Tin Audio is $35 in the aliexpress sale today. Maybe good to have a backup pair if you love them so much...

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #15,957 of 33,689
Jun 14, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #15,958 of 33,689
Keep in mind that scale residues won't redissolve well or at all in water once dried. :wink:

Living here on a chalk cliff, I know all too well about that. I never put an iem in the wash, but limescale residue here is a problem on everything. I use citric acid powder for descaling kettles etc... but would not suggest that for an iem:)

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #15,959 of 33,689
I understood it. But, it's possible it's just moisture (hoping that the rinse cycle on the wash cleared it).

Limescale is in your tap water not in your detergent.

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #15,960 of 33,689
Limescale is in your tap water not in your detergent.

He probably has better water than we do here in the UK. The water here has wrecked my hair and skin.

I will remember this conversation if we ever accidentally put an iem through the wash. I try to be really careful... double checking all pockets before starting the machine. But then, I have never stuffed an iem into my pocket. Not sure if my husband has... I sometimes find coins...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back