Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 15, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #15,976 of 33,689
Thanks for your quick input! ...Hopefully, it will be a good package deal. :beerchug:

PS. I personally don't like noodle cables myself. :wink:

Be sure to post your impressions of the Dodocools once they arrive.

They aren't hybrids, so the sound is warm and even a little dark depending on the recording. But I feel they are worth the $12 I paid for them. I use them as exercise beaters due to the metal shell and silicone wings (which they can be used without the wings too).

The stock tips are OK, but I prefer Starlines. I also swapped the red nylon nozzle screens for stainless mesh versions, which gave a bit of extra clarity.

I even modded 1 pair to make them open-backed using a small stainless steel washer that fit perfectly into the back of the shell:

DSCN0107.JPG
DSCN0112.JPG

However, you don't even have to do the washer. There is a little "button" in the center of the back that just pops out by pushing it inwards with your finger. Here's what it looks like if you just pop the "button" out:

DSCN0118.JPG
DSCN0115.JPG

BTW, the fragile noodle cable is easy to swap out for a standard cable. The front half of the shell pops apart very easily, and the rear of the driver/wiring solder pads are right there to work on. :wink:

DSCN0113.JPG

Jun 15, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #15,977 of 33,689
Be sure to post your impressions of the Dodocools once they arrive.

They aren't hybrids, so the sound is warm and even a little dark depending on the recording. But I feel they are worth the $12 I paid for them. I use them as exercise beaters due to the metal shell and silicone wings (which they can be used without the wings too).

The stock tips are OK, but I prefer Starlines. I also swapped the red nylon nozzle screens for stainless mesh versions, which gave a bit of extra clarity.

I even modded 1 pair to make them open-backed using a small stainless steel washer that fit perfectly into the back of the shell:

However, you don't even have to do the washer. There is a little "button" in the center of the back that just pops out by pushing it inwards with your finger. Here's what it looks like if you just pop the "button" out:

BTW, the fragile noodle cable is easy to swap out for a standard cable. The front half of the shell pops apart very easily, and the rear of the driver/wiring solder pads are right there to work on. :wink:

Bad news for me, Slater! ...I won't be getting the dodocool earphones anytime, soon! :point_right: They are out of stock! :cry:

The good news is...I'm still getting the hi-res player by dodocool! :fingers_crossed::sunglasses:

You think the ADAX-HT06 is a good replacement with 20~40,000hz? Or, the Liberator S5 at 5~70,000hz?

You think it could truly fit the hi-res realm (though it doesn't carry the hi-res logo)?

ADAX-HT06
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...1m2DK&id=539931026173&ns=1&abbucket=14#detail

Liberator S5
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?s....95220.23864_0&sku_properties=5919063:6536025

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #15,978 of 33,689
Bad news for me, Slater! ...I won't be getting the dodocool earphones anytime, soon! :point_right: They are out of stock! :cry:

The good news is...I'm still getting the hi-res player by dodocool! :fingers_crossed::sunglasses:

You think the ADAX-HT06 is a good replacement?

I have never tried the ADAX, but I know quite a few people like them.

Here’s what @loomisjohnson and Vidal said:
https://www.aproear.co.uk/adax-ht06/

I had no plans to buy them because of the noodle cable.

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #15,979 of 33,689
Jun 15, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #15,981 of 33,689
Jun 15, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #15,985 of 33,689
What is the current go to for a neutral iem? I'm looking for something not giany and with etymotics like sound signature, maybe a little more midofrward. I generally like BA / dual BA arrangements.
Tinaudio T2 at $50: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tinaudio-t2.22715/reviews

The neutral budget classic would be the discontinued Fostex TE-02 at $35 (initially much higher): https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fostex-te-02-water-resistant-earbuds.21240/

The Fostex are hard to get but worth it.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #15,986 of 33,689
What is the current go to for a neutral iem? I'm looking for something not giany and with etymotics like sound signature, maybe a little more midofrward. I generally like BA / dual BA arrangements.
Probably the Tin Audio T2. I've not heard the Etymotic so don't know how it compares.

Jun 15, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #15,987 of 33,689
Since you're looking for BA arrangements, you might want to try the ACZ KR06-6, or ACZ KR06-4. They are a very interesting set with replaceable cables and good looks. Though, they both sport a dynamic plus BA armature set-up, they will leave you breathless with their neutral presentation. They're fairly new to many here, but reviews already poured out in China on how good these sound for the price. They are my top pick out of many IEM's I own, and are an excellent upgrade to other dynamic or BA's on the market. The KR06-6 has excellent details across the board, while the KR06-4 has a slight warmer tilt to them. You can't go wrong with any of them and surely I am the proud owner of both models as well. You can search on taobao or aliexpress, just key in: KR06

...Hope this helps!

-Clear

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #15,988 of 33,689
Since you're looking for BA arrangements, you might want to try the ACZ KR06-6, or ACZ KR06-4. They are a very interesting set with replaceable cables and good looks. Though, they both sport a dynamic plus BA armature set-up, they will leave you breathless with their neutral presentation. They're fairly new to many here, but reviews already poured out in China on how good these sound for the price. They are my top pick out of many IEM's I own, and are an excellent upgrade to other dynamic or BA's on the market. The KR06-6 has excellent details across the board, while the KR06-4 has a slight warmer tilt to them. You can't go wrong with any of them and surely I am the proud owner of both models as well. You can search on taobao or aliexpress, just key in: KR06

...Hope this helps!

-Clear
How do those compare to the T2? Are they metal or plastic?

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #15,989 of 33,689

...Hope this helps!

-Clear
Are you able to get any FR graphs for the KR06-6? I wanna see how they compare to the T2, since those are my all-time favorites. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back