Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 11, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #15,138 of 33,689
You can't trust anyone

There are a few people you can trust...

billymays.jpeg

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #15,139 of 33,689
Apr 11, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #15,140 of 33,689
Back at the end of 2016, when I began buying earphones and earbuds, on a whim, I ordered the HotFi HM1, which has Dynamic drivers for Bass, and Knowles 30017 Balanced Armature drivers for Treble. Now that I've seen the way that the stores list things, I'm not entirely sure whether the HM1 has 2 Dynamic drivers and 2 Balanced Armature drivers per side, or 4 drivers in total between the two housings. Either way I think they sound as good as the LZ A4 (with the Black back), and they're more comfortable in my ears.

I'd like to get the LZ A5, but I'm a bit concerned about the reports of the driver level drops, which I've experienced with the LZ A4.
I would advise against the A5. I have experienced the left side failing on a couple of occasions, same as it does on the A4. And just like the A4, "resting" the IEMs for 30 minutes to an hour fixes the issue. The even bigger issue for me though is the sound. I think the A4 sounds better overall, although the A5 is technically superior.

I'm nearing the end of my review (finally) and it should be up over the next couple of days.

Apr 11, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #15,141 of 33,689
Does anyone have the SD7 and the SD7+ and can offer a comparison between the two? I'd think that the hybrid would have more sub bass and bass in comparison but its more of a quality comparison I'd prefer to know. It seems like quite the price just for the DD driver in the SD7+ versus the SD7.

Apr 11, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #15,142 of 33,689
Does anyone have the SD7 and the SD7+ and can offer a comparison between the two? I'd think that the hybrid would have more sub bass and bass in comparison but its more of a quality comparison I'd prefer to know. It seems like quite the price just for the DD driver in the SD7+ versus the SD7.
If i am not mistaken @Dsnuts has both and he did give impressions on the discovery thread.

Apr 11, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #15,143 of 33,689

The SD7+ doesn't have a DD :wink:

Apr 11, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #15,146 of 33,689
FiiO FH5 will prob outperform anything in the coming months, a FiiO guy allowed me to test their prototype, and safe to say it fixed F9 Pro's issues and out performs FLC new models and other hybrids

LOL! Hype on :wink:

Apr 11, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #15,147 of 33,689
Apr 11, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #15,148 of 33,689
FiiO FH5 will prob outperform anything in the coming months, a FiiO guy allowed me to test their prototype, and safe to say it fixed F9 Pro's issues and out performs FLC new models and other hybrids

One thing we can say is Fiio has certainly been aggressive in releasing updated products and attentive to customer issues. Kudos to them on that, Price tags have been steadily sneaking upward with each new generation though so I will be interested to see if the FH5 drives the price of the F9 down or if it comes in at $200 and leaves the F9 Pro at the $140 mark where it sits now. I would love to see them push the price envelope as hard as they are pushing the model releases. Put the FH5 out at the $99 mark and see how many other outfits you can put out of business with it please!

Apr 11, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #15,149 of 33,689
I think, come a few weeks or months, the ZSR will be appreciated more and more. They deliver an insane amount of fun with their detail, warm signature, addictive soundstage and deep bass.

Exactly my observations. Fun, detailed (although highs can feel artificial sometimes), warm, soundstage is better, and the sub bass is really well done. I just hope ZS10 will be similar and a bit more than ZSR.

Apr 11, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #15,150 of 33,689
One thing we can say is Fiio has certainly been aggressive in releasing updated products and attentive to customer issues. Kudos to them on that, Price tags have been steadily sneaking upward with each new generation though so I will be interested to see if the FH5 drives the price of the F9 down or if it comes in at $200 and leaves the F9 Pro at the $140 mark where it sits now. I would love to see them push the price envelope as hard as they are pushing the model releases. Put the FH5 out at the $99 mark and see how many other outfits you can put out of business with it please!
LOL! Hype on :wink:
The FH5 really outclassed many IEMS imo can even knock out IT04 i feel for its price (quoted around 250USD) Its really good honestly head on fighting IT04

Users who are viewing this thread

Back