Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 12, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #15,167 of 33,689
My very first iem was the Unique Melody Miracle, all BA (6 in each earpiece) and I still compare every iem I get to that one

Apr 12, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #15,168 of 33,689
My very first iem was the Unique Melody Miracle, all BA (6 in each earpiece) and I still compare every iem I get to that one
I have both, Miracle and Merlin. I almost always prefer Merlin over Miracle. The bass in Merlin is much better to me.

Apr 12, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #15,169 of 33,689
I'll echo what others have said. There's an impression of detail with a BA and more of a feeling of bumps and thumps with DD. Both can be great in a well designed IEM and awful when no care was taken.

Ok, personally I'm not able to detect any absolute differences between the two. In my experience it's all about the tuning. YMMV, and obviously does in this case.

Apr 12, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #15,170 of 33,689
Have you heard of Dunu Falcon-C?

Straight from China, with a great price and amazing comfort / Build quality :)

https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2018/04/Dunu-Falcon-C-Clear-Vivid-Personal.html

Audiophile_Heaven_Dunu_Falcon-C_Review_25.jpg

Apr 12, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #15,171 of 33,689
Ok, personally I'm not able to detect any absolute differences between the two. In my experience it's all about the tuning. YMMV, and obviously does in this case.

One major difference - BA IEMs = no driver flex

Apr 12, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #15,172 of 33,689
One major difference - BA IEMs = no driver flex

Somewhat agreed on this one

Basically

Dynamic - needs venting to not have driver flex

BA - needs venting to not have too much void, most BA doesn't have venting if BA only design, thing which leads to void.

Some users don't mind either, some don't mind both, while some users mind both.

I am bothered by flex if it is a lot of it, and by void if it is strong, some users might not mind them either way, my brother doesn't even notice either, while my girl got hurt by void once, but she doesn't mind flex.

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #15,173 of 33,689
Apr 16, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #15,180 of 33,689
KZ ZS10 seems to be getting good reviews. Still waiting for mine.

Update on MEMT X5 and FXT90. My fiance received her MEMT X5. She likes the sound signature of FXT90. So that's pretty much how I perceive. FXT90 has better soundstage and it's a more composed iem overall. However, she finds MEMT X5 more comfortable. Sure enough, MEMT X5 are indeed the most comfortable out of the bunch I have. Low profile makes it perfect for late night bed time listening.

Out of MEMT X5, Rock Zircon, Einsear T2, FXT90, KZ ZSR. I find reaching out to MEMT X5 most of the time for long duration listening. MEMT X5 has slight midbass bump. FXT90 is better in detailing and soundstage when compared to MEMT X5 but can be fatiguing for extended listening. FXT90 is more balanced. Dual driver tuning is fantastic. Coming to the most fun IEM but also one of the least comfortable, KZ ZSR it is.

Rock Zircon is ok. It's V shaped signature may be good for some people but the detailing ain't that great. Bass is good. I do not find it more entertaining. Einsear T2 is more towards neutral sound, but the narrow soundstage is not complementary to the signature. These two iems are not much to my liking for the moment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back