Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 31, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #15,046 of 33,689
The issue is with debit cards. Mine is SBI visa, and I can't even pay on steam for get about international sites. My friends have reported similar issues with theirs. Haven't bothered investigating further though.

My account doesn't have much money, usually below $150. It's just used for local payments and small transactions. Parents don't trust me with their credit card. :p

Would they let you get a credit card of your own with a very small limit?

Apr 1, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #15,048 of 33,689
A sidestep: does anyone of you know how well the great chi-fi sets we keep raving on about, such as the Tin Audio T2 and iBasso IT01, compare to the under 50 pound-award winner on WhatHifi, the Beyerdynamic Byron? Does it compete at all?

Apr 1, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #15,049 of 33,689
A sidestep: does anyone of you know how well the great chi-fi sets we keep raving on about, such as the Tin Audio T2 and iBasso IT01, compare to the under 50 pound-award winner on WhatHifi, the Beyerdynamic Byron? Does it compete at all?

The Byron has one of the worst cables around. The microphonics from it are terrible. I found that I had to sit dead still while using them or every movement was transmitted straight to my eardrums.
Sound wise they are not as resolving as the Zsr or Zs6 and are bass heavy, a bit warm and a bit dark. Overall, they are over-hyped and underwhelming.

Apr 1, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #15,050 of 33,689
The Byron has one of the worst cables around. The microphonics from it are terrible. I found that I had to sit dead still while using them or every movement was transmitted straight to my eardrums.
Sound wise they are not as resolving as the Zsr or Zs6 and are bass heavy, a bit warm and a bit dark. Overall, they are over-hyped and underwhelming.

good to know

Apr 1, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #15,051 of 33,689
good to know

I lost a good bit of faith in whathifi on that call. I think those got the call just because there is so little in the big-name market at sub-$50 to pick from. I suspect that they awarded the prize based on the fact it was significantly less expensive than the Westone adventurer, or the Shure 215 etc. They could have gone with the AKG/Samsung in-ears too and it would have been a toss up as those are nothing special either.

Apr 1, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #15,052 of 33,689
I lost a good bit of faith in whathifi on that call. I think those got the call just because there is so little in the big-name market at sub-$50 to pick from. I suspect that they awarded the prize based on the fact it was significantly less expensive than the Westone adventurer, or the Shure 215 etc. They could have gone with the AKG/Samsung in-ears too and it would have been a toss up as those are nothing special either.
Thanks!

I loathe the fact WhatHifi ignores chi-fi and still think all the best audio comes from Britain. :)

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 8:02 PM Post #15,053 of 33,689
Check out these oddities. They don't include switchable filters, but rather switchable drivers. 1 set has dual drivers, the other a hybrid setup. You twist-lock them in place (also MMCX).

Very interesting idea!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LEO...Earphone-with-Mic-Audiophile/32859850267.html

Leory EB800 2.jpg
Leory EB800.jpg

Apr 1, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #15,054 of 33,689
Apr 1, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #15,055 of 33,689
Check out these oddities. They don't include switchable filters, but rather switchable drivers. 1 set has dual drivers, the other a hybrid setup. You twist-lock them in place (also MMCX).

Very interesting idea!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/LEO...Earphone-with-Mic-Audiophile/32859850267.html

so it's essentially buying a couple of iems in one package..a bit risky, and if the housing part fails in any way, all off them will be rendered useless. for me might be better to buy several different iems that equal 85 dollars

Apr 1, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #15,056 of 33,689
so it's essentially buying a couple of iems in one package..a bit risky, and if the housing part fails in any way, all off them will be rendered useless. for me might be better to buy several different iems that equal 85 dollars

Yeah, I just thought it was an inventive idea (from an engineering point of view).

Like you said, $85 will buy you a number of individual IEMs.

What I would have done is sell a "base" system with a single dynamic driver (for like $30). Then for $15-$20 sell the individual modules. A single BA, a dual BA, a DD+BA, graphene, different tunings (v shaped, a neutral one, etc). Let each customer buy what modules they want or need.

But again, you may as well buy a number of individual IEMs.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #15,057 of 33,689
Yeah, I just thought it was an inventive idea (from an engineering point of view).

Like you said, $85 will buy you a number of individual IEMs.

yup. that picture of the way they connect them with lightning, reminds me of the good ol' Voltron cartoon though :dt880smile:

Apr 1, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #15,058 of 33,689
yup. that picture of the way they connect them with lightning, reminds me of the good ol' Voltron cartoon though :dt880smile:

haha

Reminds me of the KZ ZS6 double barrel Death Star laser blasters too:

laserbeams.gif

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #15,059 of 33,689
haha

Reminds me of the KZ ZS6 double barrel Death Star laser blasters too:

Wow, no wonder some people say they are piercing!

Apr 2, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #15,060 of 33,689
George, cheap wine gives me a terrible hangover.
Try Marques de Riscal.. Espana

When your ZS10 comes in sit down in a quiet house with your sub-$50 ZS10's, sub-$15 Pinot Grigio and a collection of lover'ly tunes; you can reflect on just how good life can be when you get exceptional quality for under $100.

Exceptional wine
99576.jpg

Exceptional IEMs
61wVjMOAA8L._SL1500_.jpg

Exceptional music

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back