Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 30, 2018 at 7:43 PM Post #15,031 of 33,689
Last few hours of sale, and I'm not convinced buying just two earphones (kz zsr, tinaudio t2)
Need quick recommendations for a midcentric iem with a warmish signature maybe, smooth treble and good detail retrieval /instrument seperation. Technical upgrade to something like Kz atr, kz zse, kz zs3 (similar sound signature) with regards to clarity and seperation. And below $15 (max $20).
Thanks in advance.

Edit: The rubber sheath of the cable of my favorite earphones Soundmagic E80 is getting 'cut' all over the place, and so I was looking for something similar sounding. :frowning2:

UiiSii CM5

Mar 30, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #15,033 of 33,689
Mar 30, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #15,035 of 33,689
I was eyeing those earphones but unfortunately they are above my budget for now since I can only buy from AliExpress. Wish I lived in US to get those sweet amazon deals, haha.

Yeah, the CM5 Aliexpress prices are bonkers ($42?!?).

Have you tried ebay? They are loads of them for under $15.

Gearbest also has it on sale right now: https://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_1133765.html

Another option to consider would be the UiiSii Hi-820. The housing is different than the CM5, but it also uses a graphene driver. Plenty of those on Aliexpress for around $16.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #15,036 of 33,689
Green ZS6 is still available? Wow, those are rare my friend. I know there's folks on the KZ thread that would LOVE to get a set.

Greens were available I think last month on Amazon but I didn't get them. I had also seen them on NiceHCK too. Then they disappeared and now I guess they're back on NiceHCK. Hopefully I'll be able to receive them. Order is still processing at the moment.

Mar 30, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #15,037 of 33,689
Greens were available I think last month on Amazon but I didn't get them. I had also seen them on NiceHCK too. Then they disappeared and now I guess they're back on NiceHCK. Hopefully I'll be able to receive them. Order is still processing at the moment.

Gah! I came THIS CLOSE to not buying anything during this anniversary sale. I stayed off the KS10 hype train, and I was so proud of myself (seeing as how I just bought a set of Philips SHP9500S headphones). But I've been after the green ZS6 for weeks (months?). Damn you, Head-Fi. :o2smile:

Mar 30, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #15,038 of 33,689
Pretty sure you are paying a significant amount for looks too.

I have insider scoop about custom iem prices. The markup on those can be upto 50%. Just because people can pay that much price they charge that much :D
I'm aware of it being bir extra due to looks but as it is still under 50 USD, I'm not too concerned as long as the cable is providing any improvement over the stock one.

Mar 31, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #15,039 of 33,689
Thanks for all the help @Slater @psygeist :D

Yes, I agree with the bloated bass of zs3, wished it were a tad tighter. But their smooth treble combined with forward mids and vocals are enjoyable some days, especially when tired. If only they had better imaging capabilities, and detailing....and well maybe some sparkle. Looking forward to the upcoming zs4 with the BA (And of course also the the zs10).

I'm unable to place order on gearbest, ebay, or any other site due to certain 'weird' international transaction restrictions on my debit card. Magically it just works on Aliexpress!
UiiSii Hi-820 seems interesting but I'll wait till someone else here verifies the sound. I believe difference in shell will definitely have some impact on the sound signature for better or for worse. Also....Poor jobless college student, no spare money :DD

In the end I gave in to the low price of Einsear T2. I just hope they are not too sibilant or shouty with the female vocals. :)
And In the future, I'll definitely force some friend or relative to gift me a CM5, hahaha. :D

Mar 31, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #15,040 of 33,689
Thanks for all the help @Slater @psygeist :D

Yes, I agree with the bloated bass of zs3, wished it were a tad tighter. But their smooth treble combined with forward mids and vocals are enjoyable some days, especially when tired. If only they had better imaging capabilities, and detailing....and well maybe some sparkle. Looking forward to the upcoming zs4 with the BA (And of course also the the zs10).

I'm unable to place order on gearbest, ebay, or any other site due to certain 'weird' international transaction restrictions on my debit card. Magically it just works on Aliexpress!
UiiSii Hi-820 seems interesting but I'll wait till someone else here verifies the sound. I believe difference in shell will definitely have some impact on the sound signature for better or for worse. Also....Poor jobless college student, no spare money :DD

In the end I gave in to the low price of Einsear T2. I just hope they are not too sibilant or shouty with the female vocals. :)
And In the future, I'll definitely force some friend or relative to gift me a CM5, hahaha. :D

Talk to your financial institution, those wierd rules can be changed as I had to do that for overseas travel or my debit card wouldn't work when we got more than 500 miles from home. You can usually have them temporarily suspend the geo-fencing.

Mar 31, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #15,041 of 33,689
Talk to your financial institution, those wierd rules can be changed as I had to do that for overseas travel or my debit card wouldn't work when we got more than 500 miles from home. You can usually have them temporarily suspend the geo-fencing.

Here in India, the rules are quite a lot different especially due to compulsory 2FA and stuff. Most of the time it's the lack of support from the websites for Indian cards. :|
And contacting the bank is a major hassle, with their rigidity policies and unyielding personnel. (I let my father handle all the bank work :D)

Mar 31, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #15,042 of 33,689
Here in India, the rules are quite a lot different especially due to compulsory 2FA and stuff. Most of the time it's the lack of support from the websites for Indian cards. :|
And contacting the bank is a major hassle, with their rigidity policies and unyielding personnel. (I let my father handle all the bank work :D)

Sorry to hear that, I know on our side of the world it is an easy thing to fix but hadn't realized how much harder it was there.

Mar 31, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #15,043 of 33,689

Works fine with credit cards across different banks and schemes for me. Never knew about such an issue.

Mar 31, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #15,044 of 33,689
Works fine with credit cards across different banks and schemes for me. Never knew about such an issue.

I am much more comfortable using a credit card online than a debit card. If a debit card is comprimised, someone could empty your bank account. At least with a credit card you have not actually given anyone any money yet. Some people have a credit card that they only use for online purchases... usually with a smaller limit... just to be safer. Also, because my husband and I both order things from Ali, I actually tell him my requests because I would rather we don't risk both of our numbers. Plus he has the app on his phone :) I can't do fiddly things like that on such a small device. Too afraid I would make a mistake and order things I don't want... lol.

Mar 31, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #15,045 of 33,689

The issue is with debit cards. Mine is SBI visa, and I can't even pay on steam for get about international sites. My friends have reported similar issues with theirs. Haven't bothered investigating further though.

My account doesn't have much money, usually below $150. It's just used for local payments and small transactions. Parents don't trust me with their credit card. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back