Chinese $10 USB Audio Controller Review (I'm serious)
Apr 23, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #76 of 129
So, does it degrade the quality and remove the hiss, or just take the hiss away? I'm not so concerned about boosting quality, just wanna get rid of that noise!

Apr 23, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #77 of 129
I really want one of these too. Currently the best computer-as-source I have is my 8 year old thinkpad that sounds... horrible. The AV710 in my desktop came DOA and the integrated sound in my dell 9300 is... dellish.

I really want one of these because I need it for all my computers. Im not looking for hi-fi quality or naything, but I want something that works(desktop) and doesnt hiss like crazy(laptops). For 6.50 it isnt much of an investment, but I might as well just spend that money on a TB instead of buying both.

Apr 23, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #78 of 129
I just ordered one. It was $7 with CA sales tax. The good part though is that I should get it within a few days since it ships from california and not hong kong.

Apr 24, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #79 of 129
Awesome! Let me know how they sound, at least, how much they remove the hiss or if there's any audio distortion, just waiting on some good feedback.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #80 of 129
I really dont have a good DAC to compare it to and it will be a while before I get one. For now im just trying to get rid of the hiss so ill let you know how that goes. I was listening to my ibasso today while it was powered by the USB port and it sounded absolutely horrible, even worse than my laptops integrated sound. I hope whatever was causing the hiss and interference in my amp doesnt also do the same to the sound card.

Apr 25, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #82 of 129
anyone tried here to identify the chip of this things with everest or aida32?and maybe use cmedia reference drivers with it..
I am tempted to buy one this things.With this we must turn off onboard audio?

Apr 25, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #83 of 129
you dont need to turn off the onboard audio, but you have to choose which one you want to use.

Apr 25, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #85 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you dont need to turn off the onboard audio, but you have to choose which one you want to use.

For example,my girlfriend@home have a Audigy Se,and it can't have headphones+mic at pluged @the same time that it has his 5.1 system just like I have...
By having one of this things,she could talk with me selecting this device and when listening to music use the audigy right?

Apr 25, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #86 of 129
Oh, ya, I think you can do that, but im not sure, sorry.

Apr 26, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #87 of 129
Well this card is a no-go on linux. It is recognized and there is a driver, but it wont play sound. I think they are working on it however. Im not sure what to do with my card now though. I guess ill try it out on a windows machine and see how it sounds.

Apr 27, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #88 of 129
Please do, I'd appreciate it!

Apr 27, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #89 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well this card is a no-go on linux. It is recognized and there is a driver, but it wont play sound. I think they are working on it however. Im not sure what to do with my card now though. I guess ill try it out on a windows machine and see how it sounds.

Which distro of linux are you using?

Apr 27, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #90 of 129
kubuntu, but it doesnt matter. Its a problem with ALSA. Im not sure if it will work in OSS though, ill have to try that out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back