Chinese $10 USB Audio Controller Review (I'm serious)
Feb 2, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #121 of 129
i have a SIIG usb soundcard with c-media chip and it sounds fine. idk if this has been mentioned yet- but all these cards can use c-media drivers which add an eq , 3d sound, and eax controls

Jan 20, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #122 of 129
So, did anyone pick up one of the sticks from dealextreme?

How do they sound?

From the reviews it seems as though not all of these usb sticks are created equally..

Jan 20, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #123 of 129
I got one similar to the original for £2.99 and free p&p.

Its awful.

Jan 26, 2009 at 10:46 AM Post #126 of 129
I bought this at around 4 USD, it does improve sound IF and ONLY if your existing sound card is crap as HELL. It also amplifies a bit, albeit low quality. Too much bass roll off, some hissing and somewhat grainy

Jan 26, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #127 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great review for those with older laptops, and limited budgets......

I had a laptop allot like yours it was a used Compaq Armada M700, the sound was snap crackle and pop, and was even worse with my wireless card. Thankfully or un-thankfully how ever you want to look at it, it died a horrible death I couldn't fix (a/c modulator on the mobo) last year, So with little to no money I purchased yet another beater used laptop as I don't think I will ever be able to afford a new one, thankfully the used IBM T23 has passable sound and no snap, crackle and pop
smily_headphones1.gif

i see a Pink Floyd fan?..nice username.

isnt the Turtle USB Soundcard also a $10 device?

Feb 24, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #129 of 129
So I ordered three of these... I think just to take them apart
biggrin.gif

Mine show up "SSS" USB sound driver in XP. Any advice on how to get hte most out of them? Can I bypass part of it and get a decent line out?

Image attached

Users who are viewing this thread

Back