Chinese $10 USB Audio Controller Review (I'm serious)
Apr 29, 2007 at 7:04 AM Post #91 of 129
Sooo... any news on how it sounds on a PC?
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2007 at 8:23 AM Post #92 of 129
I dont have one and im not currently able to borrow one either. I might go to the library tomorrow and try it out though.

Jul 31, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #94 of 129
any of the cheap usb audios listed here are available for europe?

Aug 1, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #95 of 129
I bought an Altec Lansing voip headset that came with a usb card on ebay.

The headset is really pretty nice and the usb card sounds quite good.

I paid about $12 shipped..

DT_74928_1.jpg

Sep 11, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #98 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by dknightd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I liked the OP's review. I wouldn't buy one because I'm not in the market for a cheap usb solution - yet. It is rediculus that you can spend $1000 on a laptop and have the sound bettered by a $10 device, but, that seems to be the case. I'd rather spend $1020 and have decent sound built in, but that does not seem to be a priority to most buyers. . .

The problem with that is that so many people make money in between. The sales rep, the manager's bonuses, the retail store, the federalis. That 20 dollar device you are talking about can pass on a cost to the customer of 100 dollars. In fact, some laptops don't even go into production over $10.00 because they won't be profitable.

Sep 11, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #99 of 129
It sounds like ****. Stay away from it. It doesn't work on linux either. I guess it might be luck of the draw, but the sound quality was just absolutely horrible This isnt just a subjective impression, it was way worse than the integrated sound in my dell. There is a lot of hissing and it sounds even worse than a crappy clock radio.

Sep 12, 2007 at 4:23 AM Post #100 of 129
I have the TBAAM. Im afraid to use it with my canalphones, though (i'd like to keep my hearing). Does anybody know how the C-Media based USB soundsticks compare to PCMCIA cards like the audigy or x-fi ones? If they're on-par, im saving my money.

Sep 13, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #103 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should I bother buying this or the TBAAM if I already have a Turtle Beach Catalina sound card?

I'm not familiar with the Catalina, but if you have a sound card already, I'm sure it'll be fine. Although the TBAAM is one of the best things I've bought since I've been on head-fi.

Sep 14, 2007 at 9:55 AM Post #104 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
any of the cheap usb audios listed here are available for europe?

I tried to get a TBAAM sent from the states, but people were asking over $30 for shipping, so I picked up a german usb audio, called Lindy, on ebay. Not as cheap as the others, but delivered for 14 pounds ($28), but it looks like a well made unit. It comes with a mini disc with drivers & says it is Vista compatible, but when i loaded it onto my laptop it didn't install properly, and ran very loud and harsh, not something you'd really want to listen to at all. Today I brought it into work and plugged it into an XP desktop and it self loaded and is now running fine, the sound seems far better than the internal Realtek card. Now if I can just get it to work properly with vista !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d..._promot_widget

Users who are viewing this thread

Back