CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 26, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #31,666 of 31,867
ill need to confirm....but V6 is....as well as their super cheap V1A....so it would be odd its not.

now its confirm its not android though...

anyway, i dont have one on the way right now, their something to know is that consumer service of Tempotec is rather poor, ive read lot of complaint about email never being asnewer...seem the same with reviewer which is not a big deal, but for consumers it is.

just my 2 cents to be 100% transparent.

as well, V6 have quality check issue....again, mine work well...cant say what consumers does to their but ive read at least 5 complaint about volume knob issue or port not working...

so ive email them your question....i love using dongle and dac-amp with V6 too so i understand the interest here. hope it is!
Thanks for that! I appreciate it very much!

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 29, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #31,668 of 31,867
ill need to confirm....but V6 is....as well as their super cheap V1A....so it would be odd its not.

now its confirm its not android though...

anyway, i dont have one on the way right now, their something to know is that consumer service of Tempotec is rather poor, ive read lot of complaint about email never being asnewer...seem the same with reviewer which is not a big deal, but for consumers it is.

just my 2 cents to be 100% transparent.

as well, V6 have quality check issue....again, mine work well...cant say what consumers does to their but ive read at least 5 complaint about volume knob issue or port not working...

so ive email them your question....i love using dongle and dac-amp with V6 too so i understand the interest here. hope it is!
Got mine in early (Tempotech V3) and so far I am very pleased with it.

Standalone it is perfect for me and my needs. Also, USB-C out to DAC as you thought is perfectly functional. Used it in my Gryphon and Diablo2, and right now I am listening to Go Pods via LDAC.

A great purchase for my needs.

IMG_2551.jpeg

Cheers!!

Last edited:
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 31, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #31,670 of 31,867
I confused two of their models earlier, but this BT DAC-amp by HAAFEE still has an incredible spec for $200... Sound is said to be good also, by the one forum member who seems to have one.

1. The body adopts high-precision CNC technology​

2. Using 2 decoding DACs: ES9038Q2M, double decoding is more​

thorough, accurately restores the music scene, giving you an immersive​

experience of lossless music, the highest decoding 32bit/384KHz, the​

highest support DSD256​

3. Use OLED liquid crystal display​

4. Bluetooth IC: QCC5125/CSR8675 supports Bluetooth 5.1, APTX-LL, APTX-L,​

AAC, SBC, aptX-HD, LDAC​

5. Op-amp IC: OPA1612*2, NJM2114*1

6. Amplifier IC: TPA6120*2

7. XMOS U208 supports OTG and can be connected to mobile phones,​

PCs, MP3 players, etc.​

8. Polymer lithium battery, capacity: 4100mAh, charging voltage: 5V​

9. Output power: balanced: 1000mW/32ohms, 150mW/300ohms;​

unbalanced: 600mW/32ohms, 100mW/300ohms​

10. Audio output distortion: 0.0008%​

11. Signal to noise ratio: 118db​

12. Audio output amplitude: 2V RMS/unbalanced, 4V RMS/balanced​

13. Output interface: 4.4 balanced and 3.5mm unbalanced​

14. Input: USB OTG and bluetooth

15. Size: 150x85x18 mm without knob​

16. Weight:0.4kg

S0397bebbaae841bdb7c00ddd74d96329p.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #31,673 of 31,867
OK!
Ive promise myself being more active on headfi and this thread.

Im super blown away by the BGVP DMA lately...cant wait to get back the UM Mext, BQEYZ Wind and WInter that i loan impulsively....so i can compare real sound value but there you go for a wordy First Impression!
Ok, let’s begin by stating that if it wasn’t for bone conduction driver, I would consider DMA plain V shape but since their a mids bump bypassing ‘’rule of air transmission’’ with bone conduction driver I perceive it as bassy W shape, gently bright way, but this will depend the source matching you do since BC is very transparent to source and a hint bright, perhaps brightest BC I’ve heard. It don’t feel out of place, it’s very cohesive and not too in your head, less so than other BC tribrid like UM Mext (but I will need direct comparison). What I can firmly confirm against 3x pricier Mext is that bass performance including speed, control and layering, are superio with DMA.
This is the kind of magical bass where we have both thump and deep rumble, and not in a warm boomy way since it doesn’t lift or mix with lower mids. Its vast, resonant but controled in its sustain-release, it’s not loose or sloppy, as well the BC add a bit of attack edge improving texture and definition. It’s near basshead but don’t fatigue with too much sound pressure. It’s transparent too and very versatile because we have the dynamic impact that is weighty and the bass line are clean and easy to follow even in busy track. Sub bass is just slightly more elevated than mid but as noted, not in a muddy or sloppy way. Im extremly impress by this exotic bass, and I tend to be a warm and chunky bass lover, here it’s sure not thin, but it isnt meaty or juicy too. Double bass release go deep and realist, it’s not warmed nor compressed in vibrancy or grunt. It flow freely. We are int bass quality meet bass quantity here, so rap and big beat sound fabulous due to excellent layering, but as said, it’s super versatile...this kinda bass should be guilty pleasure if it was coming from a single DD IEM I feel.

Then the mids are something special, its forwards yet not shouty or fatiguing, its gently bright with superb resolution. Readibility of instrument are top notch while intelligibility of vocal are excellent. Thats something that always impress me with BC, how it suddenly make super easy to track vocal and improve word spelling in whatever langage. I tend to use UM Mext for movie cause of this, yet it doesn’t sound as clean and crisp as DMA so I don’t use it often for music (the bass issue again).
Mids are centered and patched above bass and treble without stoling the show or taming their dynamic.
Vocal while clear aren’t very lush nor wide, as say, its centered and very well layered. Timbre is plain neutral, their no bass coloring or extra lushness warmth going on, that’s again the magic of BC.

And now for BAs upper mids and treble, this is well done again. I do think the DMA is a bit sensitive to source output impedance and this is why I use Questyle QP2R DAP.
The highs are speedy and snappy, a hint crunch and nt very sparkly but we have minimal brilliance to percussion still, these are good BAs.
I don’t struggle to follow percussions even with busy track, it seem its what it extract the best in term of micro details because as well resolve it can be, it’s not an analytical IEM and the treble don’t extend up to 20HZ in a boosted way.

Yet, their something...is it a BC spike adding this snap sharpness to BA? Can’t tell right now...but it’s a refined treble in term of tribrid balalance...it have nothing to do with a GeekWold GK100 for ex, it don’t pick up nise artefact you don’t want yet you don’t feel details are lacking or air isn’t opening up spatiality enough….

Damn its quite a long first imprresions What...hum, OK….and its hardest part: Soundstage!
OK, hum, next level holographic? I mean, it feel like you have 4 speakers.
1 in your head. Another in front not far of your head then 2 other one at left-right, not too far too.
Your are in middle of music to the point music feel like coming out of your head too.
I over analyze surely...or magnify. But it’s super immersive for sure even if not as distracting as UM Mest MK3 which is even more intimate.
Imaging is excellent too, but perhaps not the most realistic. Sound layering prevail over static stereo separation….

Ok, it seem I like those for now, we will see how it goes after deeper listening...always deeeeeeeeeeper.

1704562431352.png
1704562445749.png
1704562389024.png

ANy question feel free to ask.

They are still in my ears, with different dongle, Moondrop Dawn 4.4 now. bass is a bit less thumpy which underline the lean U shape balance of Dawn musicality....but it sound so open and holographic...i do have memories of UM Mest MK3 listening to it...

as well, the DD in these is special...it hook my attention at very first listen so i check 9.2MM Nickel plated DD....never hear this model before.

Jan 6, 2024 at 4:53 PM Post #31,674 of 31,867
Hello everyone,

Don't know about TempoTec V's but recently got their Sonata BHD Pro and used it with Samsung's S23 ultra.

Sounds great! just have to be aware to connect it first to the phone USB C and then to the Sonatas, for it to power up.

Best
seem nice indeed....i cant believe the 30$ sale price lately....

until now i love everything from Tempotec but their deskop dac-amp

the HD V and E44 are great dongles i use weekly, as well as V6 daily....my E44 qualm is that we have a double volume control so i dont think its real bitperfect...i might be wrong.

Jan 6, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #31,675 of 31,867
seem nice indeed....i cant believe the 30$ sale price lately....

until now i love everything from Tempotec but their deskop dac-amp

the HD V and E44 are great dongles i use weekly, as well as V6 daily....my E44 qualm is that we have a double volume control so i dont think its real bitperfect...i might be wrong.
30$ what!

Have to go see and get some, as this is their only dongle I've got from TempoTec

Thanks!

Jan 6, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #31,676 of 31,867
30$ what!

Have to go see and get some, as this is their only dongle I've got from TempoTec

Thanks!
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.....
sorry for false hope bro...it was a temporary crazy deal....cant find it anymore...didnt know since 2 days ago it was still there

1704599385955.png

Jan 8, 2024 at 4:50 AM Post #31,677 of 31,867
Just getting back into this world after buying a pair of ZN’s almost 8 years ago.

I’ve got two different options and would like to know people’s recommendations for each.

Option A (TWS)
Hifiman svanar LE or 1more EVO or Fiio FW5

Option B (using Fiio BTR15)
Hifiman RE800 or IKKO OH10S or moondrop KATO or BGVP NS10+ or AFUL P5 or DUNU tallos or shanling ME500 shine

I’ve got very stuck reading so much so any help would be appreciated

Jan 8, 2024 at 10:16 PM Post #31,678 of 31,867
1704769687495.png
1704769701726.png
1704769713557.png

Just get the Aune Yuki dongle today

Dual CS43198 with 16 transistor 4 ways discrete amping section...which is the big deal here and explain mid tier price...
And incredible channel separation?
Havent check the specs wait...ok cant find crosstalk specs...i will have to ask as well as the impedance output specs.
THD is super low at 0.00033%
The power output 4.4 bal is 160mW
Then what impress at first listen is open spatiality, pristine imaging and transparency, high resolution which even add brilliance to the night Oblivion butastur...as well as depth to it's spatialiuty, but no bass boost for sure, in that regard its lean and textured, suddenly bass line are more textured too....ironicaly (but is it) it remind me of....Aune Jasper crisp open musicality!

as well, from now on, ill be more active on headfi and all my chifi post will be here.

the best IEMs and dongle list will be updated regularly.

My biggest wish is to achieve what I achieve with help of other admins on ChiFI LOve group.

diversify and enriching chifi community that can accept diverse sound impressions opinion. i wish i can be mod to kick out some deviant members but i cant...so, i will pray that this thread can go chill, yet informative too. i dont care about hype, just about sound value.

following this specific aspect, i already knw Yuki isnt for everyone, its too upper mids and treble centric in term of musicality, but it doesnt mean its bad for everyone, for now its for those who want boosted resolution and open 3D like musicality.

ill share more after more listen with different IEMs...

Jan 8, 2024 at 11:32 PM Post #31,679 of 31,867
1704769687495.png1704769701726.png1704769713557.png

Just get the Aune Yuki dongle today

Dual CS43198 with 16 transistor 4 ways discrete amping section...which is the big deal here and explain mid tier price...
And incredible channel separation?
Havent check the specs wait...ok cant find crosstalk specs...i will have to ask as well as the impedance output specs.
THD is super low at 0.00033%
The power output 4.4 bal is 160mW
Then what impress at first listen is open spatiality, pristine imaging and transparency, high resolution which even add brilliance to the night Oblivion butastur...as well as depth to it's spatialiuty, but no bass boost for sure, in that regard its lean and textured, suddenly bass line are more textured too....ironicaly (but is it) it remind me of....Aune Jasper crisp open musicality!

as well, from now on, ill be more active on headfi and all my chifi post will be here.

the best IEMs and dongle list will be updated regularly.

My biggest wish is to achieve what I achieve with help of other admins on ChiFI LOve group.

diversify and enriching chifi community that can accept diverse sound impressions opinion. i wish i can be mod to kick out some deviant members but i cant...so, i will pray that this thread can go chill, yet informative too. i dont care about hype, just about sound value.

following this specific aspect, i already knw Yuki isnt for everyone, its too upper mids and treble centric in term of musicality, but it doesnt mean its bad for everyone, for now its for those who want boosted resolution and open 3D like musicality.

ill share more after more listen with different IEMs...
My question is how different is this kind of discrete amping compared to NFCA amp like the NX7?
Also, sorry about what's happening in the other thread.

Jan 9, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #31,680 of 31,867
My question is how different is this kind of discrete amping compared to NFCA amp like the NX7?
Also, sorry about what's happening in the other thread.
hum, alas havent test this one and tbh im all subjectivist i need to hear to understand difference of amping type.
i mean, specs wise NX7 seem superior in thd...and im curious about Yuki crosstalk cause its imaging is next level...

it make me think of a mix of Moondrop Dawn 4.4 + Smsl Sh9 thx aaa amp.
right now its paired with BGVP DMA and the holographic spatiality is insane...listening last Bjok album...im use to more bassy DMA with other dongle so i suspect a taming in there...a bit like the SH9 though it have 2W output its super lean bass wise....i wish i can understand why.

with this very dongle, amping wise, i feel gain is diffuse into whole spectrum without alot of gain peak apart in specific treble part that add edge to definition but not in a noisy brigh way...but this might be dac part too.

only other dac-amp with dual CS43198 dac i own is Xduoo Poke 2 which is way less dynamic, and more cold, lean, thin....so, indeed, amp part might play bigger part than dac afterall!

as for other thread thing, tx bro...dunno why its like this...still....so, i hope this thread can be more chill yet not about dominant hyping too..just diversify and free and chifi goodness. it might be an utopy. but its possible in other place. we all know headfi as sponsor (its not hidden) and are affiliated, but its not the case for all members here. its a big touchy subject...that i truely hate at they end since im just curious about best sound value audio gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back