CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 20, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #31,577 of 31,867
Which is the current budget king I have been out of this forum for couple of years I have blon b03 is there anything better in that price range
For me, the Moondrop Chu 2. But the TRN Conch and Kz PR3 are on its way so my budget king can change…

Nov 20, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #31,578 of 31,867
Hi guys,
I 'am a budding audiophile since last 2 months & currently listening to music on my Oneplus 7 Pro using CCA NRA & Salnotes Zero.
Planning to upgrade my iems & after going through the reviews am torn between Simgot EW200, Etymotic ER2XR, Letshuoer S12 Pro & QKZ X HBB KHAN.
I love listening jazz, rock, edm, ost's, concerts.... basically, a varied choice...

Please guide me in selecting the appropriate iem from above, also feel free to suggest other than above ones.
Thank you all in advance.
You all rock.
firstly, ill avoid at all cost the Khan...its worst IEM ive try in 2023 invasive wonky boom+thin bright mids and treble, lean dull way....

then, ill avoid S12 if its to be drive from a phone, any planar wouldnt be properly drived with this, even my LG V30 at high gain cant....(60mw i think, ill say min 150mW@32ohm for planar IEM)

then EW200 is a great choice, one of best technical performance you can get in sub50$ market....crisp near neutral with slight bass boost. do good with jazz, classical....its not lush thick mids, its harman tuning done right imo

a great choice is Penon Fan2 with 50% chifi love discount....versatile, better vocal than those above tx to sonion BA, do well with jazz, rock, classical...not harman tuned...

its true that investing 30-50$ in good dongle can scale up your audiophile passion even with those NRA and Zero. so ill go that+50$ or so IEM if i was you. EW200 seem logical upgrde to Zero

Nov 20, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #31,579 of 31,867
firstly, ill avoid at all cost the Khan...its worst IEM ive try in 2023 invasive wonky boom+thin bright mids and treble, lean dull way....

then, ill avoid S12 if its to be drive from a phone, any planar wouldnt be properly drived with this, even my LG V30 at high gain cant....(60mw i think, ill say min 150mW@32ohm for planar IEM)

then EW200 is a great choice, one of best technical performance you can get in sub50$ market....crisp near neutral with slight bass boost. do good with jazz, classical....its not lush thick mids, its harman tuning done right imo

a great choice is Penon Fan2 with 50% chifi love discount....versatile, better vocal than those above tx to sonion BA, do well with jazz, rock, classical...not harman tuned...

its true that investing 30-50$ in good dongle can scale up your audiophile passion even with those NRA and Zero. so ill go that+50$ or so IEM if i was you. EW200 seem logical upgrde to Zero
Thank you for the detailed reply.
EW200 it is...can you please suggest a dac amp...I am considering Fosi Audio DS1, Ibasso dc03 pro & Cayin Ru6...I recently had a listening session with Oriveti Od200 & Cayin Ru6 on Oneplus 7 pro & the experience was fantastic

Nov 20, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #31,580 of 31,867
Hey there Suman,
Thank you for taking time to reply...I will definitely check out OD 100...which one do you recommend out of OD 100 & S12 Pro?

BTW, I am from Mumbai...where are you based in India?
I am from Bhubaneswar. S12 pro is more V shaped and can be sharp and thin with vocals and treble notes. Trade carefully with the S12 pro.

Nov 21, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #31,581 of 31,867
Has anyone compared 7Hz Zero with the original Urbanfun (green/black BA ones) or Vivo Xe800? Or either Havi's, Sennheiser HD598 or Monoprice 8320? I love all but the Vivo and Monoprice are a tad too bright, looking for a relaxed neutral sound. The Truthear or Chu's are a bit too dark/V-soujd I think.

Nov 21, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #31,582 of 31,867
Which is the current budget king I have been out of this forum for couple of years I have blon b03 is there anything better in that price range

KZ Castor Bass Edition is pretty amazing around $15 (BL-03 level bass). $20 buys 7Hz Salnotes Zero, Moondrop Chu 2, Truthear Hola or Tangzu Wan'er. There have been a bunch of good IEMs around $30-40: Blon Z300, Kiwi ears Cadenza, Tripowin Piccolo, Tin Hifi C2 and Simgot EW200.

7Hz are just releasing Zero 2 which looks promising too. :L3000:

Nov 21, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #31,583 of 31,867
KZ Castor Bass Edition is pretty amazing around $15 (BL-03 level bass). $20 buys 7Hz Salnotes Zero, Moondrop Chu 2, Truthear Hola or Tangzu Wan'er. There have been a bunch of good IEMs around $30-40: Blon Z300, Kiwi ears Cadenza, Tripowin Piccolo, Tin Hifi C2 and Simgot EW200.

7Hz are just releasing Zero 2 which looks promising too. :L3000:
I'm sure npdpn can check Aliexpress for those earphone prices. I think they want your opinion on those earphones...

Nov 21, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #31,584 of 31,867
I'm sure npdpn can check Aliexpress for those earphone prices. I think they want your opinion on those earphones...
I'm assuming that anyone posting here has access to the internet. There is magic genie there called google, that can keep you busy until the end of time, watching and reading reviews.

While I could attempt to usurp that function. It would seriously impact my sleep schedule and lead to me becoming VERY grumpy. I would also probably discover myself at the receiving end of litigation from said genie over demarcation disputes. :rolling_eyes:

Nov 22, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #31,586 of 31,867
I just received my TRN Conch. I recently bought a lot of IEM’s (Fiio FD3, Fiio FF5, Hidizs MP145, 1more Penta P50) but the TRN absolutely rock! For 32,- euro I got a collection of tips, a high quality balanced cable (2.5mm, 3.5mm and 4.4mm connectors) and 3 pairs of nozzles. When using the right nozzle (for me the middle ones) and right tips (for me the foam but the T-tips sound great on my Penta) you get a truly amazing and fun sounding IEM! I have heard my share of IEM’s this year (all the IEM’s in my signature I bought this year) but these are my biggest suprise. Maybe not the very best I have but by far the ones with the very best price/quality. Also don’t need EQ ( what is a must for iOS users). Doesn’t matter what I throw at them, 80’s pop and rock, current pop, hip hop, reggea, it doesn’t matter. I just can’t stop listening, enjoying every minute. For 32.- euro. Unbelievable. These are budget endgame IEM’s.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #31,587 of 31,867
I just received my TRN Conch. I recently bought a lot of IEM’s (Fiio FD3, Fiio FF5, Hidizs MP145, 1more Penta P50) but the TRN absolutely rock! For 32,- euro I got a collection of tips, a high quality balanced cable (2.5mm, 3.5mm and 4.4mm connectors) and 3 pairs of nozzles. When using the right nozzle (for me the middle ones) and right tips (for me the foam but the T-tips sound great on my Penta) you get a truly amazing and fun sounding IEM! I have heard my share of IEM’s this year (all the IEM’s in my signature I bought this year) but these are my biggest suprise. Maybe not the very best I have but by far the ones with the very best price/quality. Also don’t need EQ ( what is a must for iOS users). Doesn’t matter what I throw at them, 80’s pop and rock, current pop, hip hop, reggea, it doesn’t matter. I just can’t stop listening, enjoying every minute. For 32.- euro. Unbelievable. These are budget endgame IEM’s.
I think I just might have to order a pair myself. A few people I know have now said that they sound great for their price and could be some of the best IEMs under $100

Nov 22, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #31,588 of 31,867

7Hz are just releasing Zero 2 which looks promising

I think I just might have to order a pair myself. A few people I know have now said that they sound great for their price and could be some of the best IEMs under $100
I also think they sound way better than they cost. You get a extremely good sounding IEM plus some amazing extras like the T-tips and a very good balanced cable. I think they are the best buy I made this year. The Fiio FD3, Hidisz MP145 and 1more Penta are slightly better but cost 3 to 6 times more… and I had to buy 2 balanced cables for 65,- euro for them…

Nov 22, 2023 at 5:22 PM Post #31,589 of 31,867
You call them "budget" endgame.
What is the difference between the Conch "budget" endgame, and a $500 earphone endgame?
If the Conch cost $500, would it still be considered endgame?

Nov 22, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #31,590 of 31,867
*deleted*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back