CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 9, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #30,826 of 31,859
Hi mates,
IKKO OH10 and ZIKU HD X10 are at home.

IKKO! IKKO! IKKO! This are wondefull just without burnin, my basshead soul is ecstatic and my audiophile head too. OH10 are one step over any iems I've, warm but clear and detailed and dig deep in the subbass, maybe to much midbass for not basshead lovers, but i love it. OH10 are more heavy then others iems but theyr ergonomic shape make them confortable for long listening, almost to me.

Thank's to all forumers that suggested me this jewel! :gs1000smile:

Now I'm really excited to compare OH10 with OH01, I3Pro and AQ4 when they get home.

About the ZIKU I may do a comparison with Xduoo X2S, same price range. Ziku is bigger and heavyer, is more midcentric and composed then the Xduoo, more dry sounding. Xduoo seems more V shaped with bigger bass response and more forward highs, the sound is fuller body then the ZIKU. Preference are in personal taste.
Boot have good power and may drive easely any iem, but boot present an hiss without signal with low ohms iems, this don't appens with headphones.
With headphones ZIKU sound performance is absolutely pleasing.

1667994468357..jpg

By my taste I'll mod the ZIKU changing the opam to achive a more full body sound, I've at my disposal Muse 8820/8920, OPA2132/2134 and LME49720/49860...any suggestion? :)

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #30,827 of 31,859
Hi mates,
IKKO OH10 and ZIKU HD X10 are at home.

IKKO! IKKO! IKKO! This are wondefull just without burnin, my basshead soul is ecstatic and my audiophile head too. OH10 are one step over any iems I've, warm but clear and detailed and dig deep in the subbass, maybe to much midbass for not basshead lovers, but i love it. OH10 are more heavy then others iems but theyr ergonomic shape make them confortable for long listening, almost to me.

Thank's to all forumers that suggested me this jewel! :gs1000smile:

Now I'm really excited to compare OH10 with OH01, I3Pro and AQ4 when they get home.

About the ZIKU I may do a comparison with Xduoo X2S, same price range. Ziku is bigger and heavyer, is more midcentric and composed then the Xduoo, more dry sounding. Xduoo seems more V shaped with bigger bass response and more forward highs, the sound is fuller body then the ZIKU. Preference are in personal taste.
Boot have good power and may drive easely any iem, but boot present an hiss without signal with low ohms iems, this don't appens with headphones.
With headphones ZIKU sound performance is absolutely pleasing.

1667994468357..jpg

By my taste I'll mod the ZIKU changing the opam to achive a more full body sound, I've at my disposal Muse 8820/8920, OPA2132/2134 and LME49720/49860...any suggestion? :)
I have been very impressed with the OH1 and OH2 too (not OH22). IKKO certainly seem to be a company to watch! :L3000:

Nov 9, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #30,829 of 31,859
Be very careful with taking the Ziku apart. The little screw in the back would never go back to normal on mine... oops, nope, I lost it. I also couldn't change the opamp because the glue came apart and I was never able to properly get it back together again, as it started sliding around. Make sure you have glue on hand. Other than that, good luck. You'll need it, the Ziku doesn't seem built to take apart.

Nov 10, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #30,830 of 31,859
I have been very impressed with the OH1 and OH2 too (not OH22). IKKO certainly seem to be a company to watch! :L3000:
How would you describe the OH2?
It's $37 on Aliexpress rn, kind of tempting.

Nov 10, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #30,831 of 31,859
Be very careful with taking the Ziku apart. The little screw in the back would never go back to normal on mine... oops, nope, I lost it. I also couldn't change the opamp because the glue came apart and I was never able to properly get it back together again, as it started sliding around. Make sure you have glue on hand. Other than that, good luck. You'll need it, the Ziku doesn't seem built to take apart.
Thank's for the advice.

I've try and I may say the operation need a
little of actention and manuality but onestly for me was easy.

The set.
1668069933391..jpg

The opams.

1668069971644..jpg

I've just changed the 5532 with the Muse 8820.

1668070062591..jpg

The back cover in my ZIKU Is sagomated and have a guide.

1668070180858..jpg

So it is easy place it back firmly, maybe this is one difference in the new ZIKU?

Now the sound is warmer and more full body.

If all are interest in I'll test all the opams I've and I'll write my impressions. :)

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 4:39 AM Post #30,832 of 31,859
How would you describe the OH2?
It's $37 on Aliexpress rn, kind of tempting.
Forward mids, sub-bass present but not prominent and treble not fatiguing. Not for treble-heads or bass-heads. Warm with decent note weight. Great for vocals, strings, piano and acoustic instruments. Opposite of V tuning. Think an upgraded T2 with not as much recession in bass. Well worth it at $37 :L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #30,833 of 31,859
Hi mates,
I've finished the opams round up. These are my personal impressions. :o2smile:

Obvously the DAP is the ZIKU HD X10 and the iem used the OH10. Every opams I've try to me give better performances then the original 5532, but this can't be the same in different DAPs circuits and there are different 5532 productions with different sonic performances.

Test Songs:

Almost Blue - Chet Baker
An Olde Irish Aire (Danny Boy) - Tony Rice
April Come She Will - Simon & Garfunkel
Breathe (In The Air) (Extended) - Pink Floyd
Carolina In My Mind - James Taylor
Chameleon - Trentemøller
Chega - Gaia
Circle - Edie Brickell & New Bohemians
Cliffs Of Dover - Eric Johnson
Don't You Worry - Black Eyed Peas, Shakira, David Guetta
Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
Lipstick - Kungs, Dubdogz, JØRD
Moonlight - IAMDDB
No Boundaries - Michael Angelo Batio
On the Beach - Chris Rea
River - Joni Mitchell
S.O.S. - Indila
Sevilla - Miguel Bosé y Amaia Montero
Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye
The Drum - Alan Walker
This Is Not America - David Bowie and Pat Metheny Group
Under Pressure - David Bowie Queen
With You There To Help Me - Jethro Tull

5532: Dry tight bass, detailed cold presentation, an hint pearcing airy high mids and highs, an hint close and low heigh soundstage.

Muse 8820: Silky! Good body deep, tight bass, right decay, warmish silky clean and detailed total presentation, extended highs, very good instruments separation, very open airy soundstage in all dimensions. Controlled sibilant.

OPA2134: Powerfull! Deep solid fisical bass performance exalted midbass, warm detailed total presentation, highs airy and warm without any fatigue. Right instuments position in an average dimensional soundstage. Absolutey under control the sibilant.
This opamp has a more power output then all the others.

OPA2132: Equilibrate warmish! Equilibrate realistic tight bass performance, warmish equilibrate detailed total presentation, voices are an hint behind, highs airy without fatigue. Airy and average dimensional soundstage more open then 2134 but not at 8820 level. Udible but not a problem the sibilant.

LME49860: Agile! Fast tight bass performance, clear detailed total presentation, clean mids, airy extended and an hint euphonic highs could be fatiguin with trebles enfatized iems. Good airy and open soundstage. Present the sibilant.

LME49720: Punchy! Similar caracteristics then LME49860, more equilibrate but maybe an hint less refined. Fast tight punchy bass performance, clear detailed total presentation, clean chimey mids and highs could be fatiguin with trebles enfatized iems. Very good dimensional soundstage. Udible the sibilant.
A 5532 refined upgrade.

I've modified the test in a more sintetic and less verbose way. :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #30,834 of 31,859
Muse 8820: Silky! Good body deep, tight bass, right decay, warmish silky clean and detailed total presentation, extended highs, very good instruments separation, very open airy soundstage in all dimensions.
For me, that was the TL DR! (including the lack of mention of sibilance being present) :L3000:

Nov 11, 2022 at 1:30 AM Post #30,835 of 31,859
For me, that was the TL DR! (including the lack of mention of sibilance being present) :L3000:
This is the one I've choose. :)

In my veeerbooose description (maybe I have to open a new tread?😂) I mention that the sibilance are "under control", only the 2134 have a better performance in this way.

Nov 11, 2022 at 5:55 AM Post #30,837 of 31,859
Would like some help choosing between these : CRA, EDX ULTRA and EDA BALANCED.
I liked the Blon 03 and currently using C12. Listen to rock, 80s and some psy trance.
No sibilance please.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Edc balanced or dq6. Cra is fun but doesn't have the same energy as these 2 even tho edm sound great on CRA

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2022 at 5:56 AM Post #30,838 of 31,859
CRA and EDX Ultra have more aggressive treble. I haven't heard EDA Balanced but ESX is more toward BL-03 with a warmer tuning. CRA+ would be another option which again I haven't heard, but I believe the treble presentation is less edgy than CRA. The new QKZ HBB colab , KBEAR Rosefinch or BGVP scale might be worth checking reviews too. :L3000:

Nov 11, 2022 at 6:15 AM Post #30,839 of 31,859
I liked the Blon 03 and currently using C12. Listen to rock, 80s and some psy trance.
No sibilance please.
Having BL 03 and C12 the iems you mention could be a downgrade/sidesidegrade, same price range you may get look at CCZ Emerald or Nicehck DB3, if you want more energy CCA NRA.
A good upgrade Celeste Gumiho.

+1 for Kbear Rosefinch

Nov 11, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #30,840 of 31,859
No sibilance please.
or maybe buy CRA and use my EQ hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back