CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 16, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #30,556 of 31,833
+1 for Emerald.👍

In mine one the BAs look working right, but now I'm thinking about this.....🤔

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #30,557 of 31,833
Gumiho is power hungry, more power and volume you give it more it play.

I'm now trying it with Malmsteen Arpeggios from Hell and Johnson Cliff of Dover, boot with heavy and fast drum and bass executions.

Gumiho reproduce well boot tracks, but at high volume.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #30,559 of 31,833
Gumiho is power hungry, more power and volume you give it more it play.

I'm now trying it with Malmsteen Arpeggios from Hell and Johnson Cliff of Dover, boot with heavy and fast drum and bass executions.

Gumiho reproduce well boot tracks, but at high volume.
ok, this is interesting since exotic driver can be imprevisible in driveability...even if impendance is low like with those (9ohm).
Hum, i hope to get these yet its the Kinera Norn that are coming to me...cause im, hum, into basshead obsession lately lol high technical performance way...strange quest. since its about guilty pleasure unbalance. first basshead test was SuperTFZ Force1, a fun, but dangerous, ride.

right now im into random retro listen....hum, let say it was rather torture for me this time (last tiem was better with Kbear Believe, Blon BL05S, Dunu DK2001, Fiio FD1, BQEYZ Spring2 and KB100 and KC2....)....today, it was Tanchjim OLA, Moondrop Spaceship, DQSM Hermit and then, finaly, Tanchjim Tanya (a relieve for my beaten up ears)....they are still in my ears. Simply put, when you got vocal right, we can forgive everything else :relieved:

Oct 16, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #30,560 of 31,833
ok, this is interesting since exotic driver can be imprevisible in driveability...even if impendance is low like with those (9ohm).
Hum, i hope to get these yet its the Kinera Norn that are coming to me...cause im, hum, into basshead obsession lately lol high technical performance way...strange quest. since its about guilty pleasure unbalance. first basshead test was SuperTFZ Force1, a fun, but dangerous, ride.

right now im into random retro listen....hum, let say it was rather torture for me this time (last tiem was better with Kbear Believe, Blon BL05S, Dunu DK2001, Fiio FD1, BQEYZ Spring2 and KB100 and KC2....)....today, it was Tanchjim OLA, Moondrop Spaceship, DQSM Hermit and then, finaly, Tanchjim Tanya (a relieve for my beaten up ears)....they are still in my ears. Simply put, when you got vocal right, we can forgive everything else :relieved:
Bass-head Binge, what a good idea! Excuse me while I go and grab the TTROMSO. Jethro Tull will be good to kick off with! :L3000:

Oct 16, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #30,561 of 31,833
I think they make AutoEQ for those shouty WIFE IEMs.

Or someone should make it.

Please.
Nope. Auto-tune isn't something I look for in music either.

Imagine the potential problems if you couldn't tell the difference between your spouse, and someone else's in the dark! :astonished:

Although, give me a moment, there may be an upside... :thinking:

Oct 17, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #30,562 of 31,833

Basshead obsession high technical performance way?

Welcome mate in the rabbit hole! LOL

I'm going to the nuts on this dangerous way.
By my limited experience all the basshead iems are less or more V shaped so tend to pay something in the technical performance, or have a warm tuning loosing sparkle and details with recessed mids and booming bass or have highmids and high peaks with more recessed mids loosing coerence showing a loudness effect loosing details.

Between all I've I may say Shozy 1.1 has good subbass but not enough midbass, the best are the IT00, warm with loudness effect, and the surprising good by the low price Tienderilehne Red/Black (thank's Redcarmouse suggestion) same impressions by the Gumiho, DQ6 needs modding, DTsix is on the right way but not enough technical.

I think more then a simple basshead or trebblehead taste a good iem must have the best equalization between the whole full range, maybe U or W shaped, the deepest subbass extension with enough midbass to give the right body to the whole sound without loudness effect, detailed mids and the max high extension avoiding as possibile 4kh and 8kh peaks, with fast and tight response to the transients.
Something with HM highmids and highs but with powerfull subbass and mid bass body (think about a Fazioli Grand Coda😁).

It seems very difficult obtain this ( I haven't enough technical skill to understand this).

By all yours suggestions in this way (this is the question I've always submitted in this forum) I've put in my basket Audiosense AQ4 and IKKO OH10 (heavy as KB04 32g vs 30g) and I've in my radar KBEAR BQ3/Summer, Tipsy Tromso and TRI I3 Pro, but I'm afraid no one of these is a TOTL iem in the way I'm looking for.....😎😁

P.S.: an HP I've found very satisfying in this way is the Alessandro Grado ms1, not really a basshead HP but very very good.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 5:30 AM Post #30,563 of 31,833

By my limited experience all the basshead iems are less or more V shaped so tend to pay something in the technical performance, or have a warm tuning loosing sparkle and details with recessed mids and booming bass or have highmids and high peaks with more recessed mids loosing coerence showing a loudness effect loosing details.

Between all I've I may say Shozy 1.1 has good subbass but not enough midbass, the best are the IT00, warm with loudness effect, and the surprising good by the low price Tienderilehne Red/Black (thank's Redcarmouse suggestion) same impressions by the Gumiho, DQ6 needs modding, DTsix is on the right way but not enough technical.

I think more then a simple basshead or trebblehead taste a good iem must have the best equalization between the whole full range, maybe U or W shaped, the deepest subbass extension with enough midbass to give the right body to the whole sound without loudness effect, detailed mids and the max high extension avoiding as possibile 4kh and 8kh peaks, with fast and tight response to the transients.
Something with HM highmids and highs but with powerfull subbass and mid bass body (think about a Fazioli Grand Coda😁).

It seems very difficult obtain this ( I haven't enough technical skill to understand this).

By all yours suggestions in this way (this is the question I've always submitted in this forum) I've put in my basket Audiosense AQ4 and IKKO OH10 (heavy as KB04 32g vs 30g) and I've in my radar KBEAR BQ3/Summer, Tipsy Tromso and TRI I3 Pro, but I'm afraid no one of these is a TOTL iem in the way I'm looking for.....😎😁

P.S.: an HP I've found very satisfying in this way is the Alessandro Grado ms1, not really a basshead HP but very very good.

Hello @Lobarkaine - Did you notice who started this forum thread, back in 2016? :ksc75smile:

Oct 17, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #30,564 of 31,833
Hi guys. May i again request suggestions for a warmish tone daily driver to use while cycling/working and with a mic for calls? The mh-750 was doing this job well but both my sets now have problems (one bung mic and one driver at half volume suddenly) I'm wondering if there's other options worth trying before i go searching for another genuine pair.

Recently picked up the KZ EDX Ultra and am pretty impressed with their sound and technicalities, they're certainly a good set but.. i find them a little clinical and cold, especially when i compare them back to back with the mh-750 or BL03, which they made me appreciate the tone of a lot when i ran them back to back.

They're also uncomfortable for longer periods and probably to big for the role as i suspect they'll make a heap of wind noise at 30kph. Shame they're not a bullet style. The shell is mostly empty and the driver is in a small sealed area. Seems like a waste.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #30,565 of 31,833
Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #30,566 of 31,833
Hi guys. May i again request suggestions for a warmish tone daily driver to use while cycling/working and with a mic for calls? The mh-750 was doing this job well but both my sets now have problems (one bung mic and one driver at half volume suddenly) I'm wondering if there's other options worth trying before i go searching for another genuine pair.

Recently picked up the KZ EDX Ultra and am pretty impressed with their sound and technicalities, they're certainly a good set but.. i find them a little clinical and cold, especially when i compare them back to back with the mh-750 or BL03, which they made me appreciate the tone of a lot when i ran the back to back.

They're also uncomfortable for longer periods and probably to big for the role as i suspect they'll make a heap of wind noise at 30kph. Shame they're not a bullet style. The shell is mostly empty and the driver is in a small sealed area. Seems like a waste.
Hi Fat Larry are you shure you want use an iem cycling?
It could be dangerous....😉

E1000 or Tanya are warmish and bullet shaped.

Iem better fitting then BL03 and good for sport...C10, Emerald, Tienderilehne Red/Black all with mic option.

Oct 17, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #30,567 of 31,833

hehe, yes, its a very risky rabbit hole since it can be hit or miss quite easily....let say im more into basshead bright or crisp V shape, more than U shape since immediate well rounded slam is more important than deep rumble to some extend. SuperTFZ Force1 have 20db mid bass boost, so it can create fatigue a bit fast since loudness pressure is super intense due to shell design i think...you got in all in your eardrum, concentrate resonance energy.
I have hope in multi driver, who know, perhaps bone conduction driver cnan open door to bypass natural resonance and tonal balance by sticking the mids in our head lol....i wonder why UM didnt go this way yet.
For Kinera Norn, there is the graph....seem one of few basshead IEM they propose in fact...a bit pricey but less so than Campire Polaris that isnt very good (upper mids sibilance, hot treble etc)

1666017739086.png

I have my eye on Fatfreq Maestro Mini too...its more U shape tough...but more affordable too and the praise just go bigger and bigger...
1666017888198.png

How do you like AQ4? warm basshead to me but the punch isn't very fast or immediate, so a bit laid back too. Still love those alot.

Oct 17, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #30,568 of 31,833
Hi Fat Larry are you shure you want use an iem cycling?
It could be dangerous....😉

E1000 or Tanya are warmish and bullet shaped.

Iem better fitting then BL03 and good for sport...C10, Emerald, Tienderilehne Red/Black all with mic option.

Shurely you must be joking... Not 100% sure no, but i do it anyway :wink: Actually some Shure shaped shells would be good. They dont have to be bullet shaped, just sitting in the ear or flat to it are preferred for minimising windage.

Thanks, what companies make C10 (CCA?), Emerald and Tienderilehne?

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #30,569 of 31,833

Recently picked up the KZ EDX Ultra and am pretty impressed with their sound and technicalities, they're certainly a good set but.. i find them a little clinical and cold, especially when i compare them back to back with the mh-750 or BL03, which they made me appreciate the tone of a lot when i ran the back to back.

I second Tanya and E1000, Blon BL01 might worth a check too, KZ CRN too, CRA+ but its similar to Ultra EDX (less clinical way)
BQEYZ K1 too. hum, but oh, bullet style...Astrotec Vesna perhaps?

ps: nice profile pic, love this Burial album alot!

Oct 17, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #30,570 of 31,833
I second Tanya and E1000, Blon BL01 might worth a check too, KZ CRN too, CRA+ but its similar to Ultra EDX (less clinical way)
BQEYZ K1 too. hum, but oh, bullet style...Astrotec Vesna perhaps?

ps: nice profile pic, love this Burial album alot!

:) Untrue is still one of my favourites.

They don't have to be bullets, just small like an Oriveti New Primacy or FLC 8s style.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back